PDA

View Full Version : paper question

dexonsbabe
08-11-2004, 02:30 PM
At the moment I use pastel pencils on ingres paper would love to know what other paper might be good.........thanks

Deborah Secor
08-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Lori, there are so many possible answers to this question that I thought I'd point you to a resource that you can look at... If you go to the Soft Pastels Index in the Library (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134750), there is a whole section of threads devoted to papers and other supports. There is just a ton of information there! Hope it helps...

Meanwhile, I'd point you to Wallis paper for any subject, using any kinds of pastels, for any effect you want. Give it a try!

Deborah

Khadres
08-11-2004, 04:25 PM
I agree with Deborah on the Wallis! If you're in the UK, contact Jackie Simmonds since she is the rep for Wallis paper in England. While you wait to get some Wallis, Colourfix is a reasonable second choice and comes in an array of colors...not sure you'll get as fine detail on it as Wallis would give you, tho. Canson Mi Tientes is widely available, inexpensive and I've seen lots of animal paintings superbly done on it. Some of the online art supply places offer sample sets of paper so you can try out several...something else you might want to try.

And like Deborah says, the library has tons of paper reviews and discussions. Check it out!

Dark_Shades
08-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi Lori ... yup tons of info here........ you also might enjoy using Velour with your Pastel Pencils...... I know I did, completely different approach and texture...... which ones are you using?

soap
08-12-2004, 06:25 AM
ooh....one question with many, many different views and answers!
I like Sennelier LaCarte paper as it is soft and takes plenty of layers. I don't really like Colourfix as it is quite hard and rough. Canson Mi-teintes is lovely for lighter work.

dexonsbabe
08-12-2004, 06:32 AM
thanks all for your help.........already been intouch with Jackie...........I use Paber Castell pitt pastels