PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Drawing Event August 13 2004

sundiver
08-11-2004, 02:14 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/6393-invitation.jpg
Last time I hosted an event, the theme was also an island, but in the Caribbean :) .
This time the islands are in the Gulf of St Lawrence. The first one is the home of
a certain fictional red-haired heroine loved by many a preteen girl worldwide. The
second is an enchanting archipelago right in the middle of the Gulf.

Although we have a start time, you can join in WHENEVER IT SUITS YOU. There’s no deadline.
If you are not finished after 2 hours, post anyway, and post the finished results in the same thread later. If you want a serious critique on your entry, feel free to cross-post it to another forum, such as the Open Critique, or a media or subject forum.

After you have posted, it’s time to take a look at everyone else’s interpretations! Please make lots of comments; everyone likes encouragement. And remember to check the previous page, as there will be more posts than can fit on one page.

TIMES: (as close as I can figure out)
Friday
Vancouver/L.A.:11 am Denver/Calgary 12 noon Winnipeg/Houston: 1 pm
Toronto/New York: 2 pm Halifax/Caracas: 3 pm Rekjavik: 6 pm
London : 7pm Paris/Amsterdam/Johannesburg: 8 pm Helsinki/Athens: 9 pm
Moscow: 11pm
Saturday
Sydney: 4 am Wellington: 6 am (sorry, guys! :( )

Here's a link to the forum. Look for the images thread, which will be identified by a lightbulb. If you're late starting the thread may be pushed to the previous page.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=133
Here's a link with more info on the WDEs:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=133

Lauren F-M
08-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi, Wendy!

I was curious about what archipelago you were referring to, so I got out some maps, and figure that you must mean the Iles de la Madeleine. I've been to P.E.I., but never to the Madeleine islands (France in the Gulf of St.Lawrence!).

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures! :D

Cheers!
Lauren F-M

weckster
08-12-2004, 05:40 AM
Hey Wendy - no need to say sorry to us Sydney siders - we're used to it :(

Serves us right for living half a world away and underneath!

connievanwinssen
08-12-2004, 07:53 AM
I'm glad it starts on friday, because that means that I have the entire weekend instead of just the sunday. :) :clap:

PencilPusher
08-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Oh boy, I can start on Saturday! That gives me a HUGE incentive to get involved this time around, Sunday is just not the best day for me.

Steve :clap:

prestonsega
08-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Well here I am dragging in late as usual....Being a creature of habit, I waited till the last minute to look at the invitation :rolleyes: ....I kinda like the idea of it starting on Friday....so often Friday nites tend to be a bore for me ( or to better phrase it..I tend to be a boring person...lol)...oh well..time to clean my pastels before deciding what to paint.

Thanks Wendy!