PDA

View Full Version : Mischievous Max

paloma
08-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Hi There,
Finished this last week of my grandson - he is with me now on holiday & has just seen the original ; now I am showing him how I post these pics & hopefully see some comments tomorrow. Canson , unison polychromos approx 12 X14. This was him at 4 yrs now he is 9 but looks much the same.
Cheers Alexandra Dawes :)

Kathryn Day
08-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Beautiful portrait. You captured his personality and the colors are great. :clap:

Kathryn Wilson
08-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi Max! Glad ta meet ya! Your grandma did a great job - wonderful expression on your face - :D

bnoonan
08-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Hi Max - I want to know if you are really as mischevious as you grandma says you are???? How old are you now?

Tell your grandma - Excellent painting!!! It brings a smile to my face.

Barb

K Taylor-Green
08-11-2004, 12:48 PM
He sure looks mischievous to me!! Great job, Alexandra!! :clap: I love the colors in his skin, and his eyes sparkle.

emmachester
08-11-2004, 12:55 PM
I'm totally in awe of your skin tones. I also like the background you've chosen. I suspect you have captured the spirit of 'Mischievous Max.'

When I first saw the picture, I registered a little 'blip' with the height of his hair, but the more I looked at it and tried to decide if it was off, I decided it looked fine.

Excellent portrait.

Sherry

SweetBabyJ
08-11-2004, 01:36 PM
wow- I bet he is hell on wheels to have around. Great catch of a personality!

Khadres
08-11-2004, 02:21 PM
Very nice! He looks so angelic! Love the hair and skin tones!

paloma
08-12-2004, 09:17 AM
H Folks,
So glad wc is up & running again - thought it was a prob with I E at first as I couldn't get Google in English!!
First thank you all for kind comments & saying hello to max - you should have seen his little face all it up & grinning.
He is just a great kid & soo good looking - think he will break a few hearts later as he is very into sport & extremely competetive. also a cheeky little monkey that loves a prank - just like Grandpa!!
The pic lost a lot in translation - looks washed out compared to the real thing so I am posting this other purely as an experiment - if it is the same then it must be my software. Thanks for looking Alexandra

:)

CarlyHardy
08-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Alexandra,
just wish I could paint portraits like this!! You captured the character so well! Everything about the painting works....color, value, proportions!! Especially that happy grin!!

I think you should do another now (Max, you could be a live model!) and frame them together :D

carly

judwal
08-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Wonderful portrait! :clap:

prestonsega
08-15-2004, 02:49 AM
You've achieved a facial glow that only children have.....and the eyes tell it all!

Enviable work! :clap:

chookbrown
08-15-2004, 05:30 AM
How lovely!!! Terrific portrait of gorgeous child!!

Colleen :clap: :D

paloma
08-18-2004, 06:41 AM
Thank you Judy, Carly, Preston, Colleen for all your kind comments,

CARLY You have inspired me to do another whilst Max is here-have taken a photo for later ref & hopefully he will sit for me tomorrow - will probably have to bribe him with a late evening picnic on the beach followed by a swim.
Watch out next week !!! Cheers Alexandra
:)

dragonlady
08-18-2004, 08:25 AM
Hi Max (and Alexandra). Lovely portrait, The eyes are wonderful and I especially like how you did the hair. Very nice. :clap: :clap: and for 2 clappies for Max for being such a wonderful model :clap: :clap:

meowmeow
08-18-2004, 08:41 AM
What a beautiful grandson you have! You can see the love just glowing there. You did a wonderful job!

Sandy