PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday - 11 Aug 2004 - Show and Share!

Jacinthe
08-11-2004, 06:04 AM
Good morning everyone! Where is everyone?

Here is my take from last night's torching session, 4 more stars with the lauscha green, white and champagne to go with the one from yesterday for a set. And some lauscha green and white round beads, I'm gonna make myself a bracelet and earrings to go with that green and white necklace I made. I felt kinda naked with no earrings or a bracelet and only the necklace.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/20424-11aug1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/20424-11aug2.jpg

Now lets see your pretties and hear you sharing all about them!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

CelestialConcepts
08-11-2004, 06:48 AM
Sarah- That will be a beautiful bracelet!

This set is a little of everything... Rubino, EDP, dark amethyst... I call it Carnival Candy.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/26818-081004candyA.JPG

-Misty

Nette
08-11-2004, 07:21 AM
Sarah, Oh, how I love your stars. They are so perfect!
Misty, yummy carnival candy!

I made up a set of black, orange, sky blue, turquoise, and a little white. I call it "Tribal Heart Song".

KellyD
08-11-2004, 07:54 AM
Sarah-great stars and the colors are so nice, I love that green
Misty- Carnival candy is very cute!
Nette- Beautiful mix of shapes and colors

I have some ideas I was playing around with. The first set has lentil shapes with sweets on them, a donut, piece of candy, cupcake, gumball machine, ice cream.
The second set has creatures from the garden, ladybug, turtle, frog, butterfly, and flowers.
Have a great and creative day!
Kelly

llglassdesigns
08-11-2004, 09:08 AM
I love S & T. I wish I could get my camera to cooperate. Now it won't download to my computer. :confused: :mad:

Sarah - I love your stars. So very pretty
Misty - Nice use of color. Those colors can be tricky to get to come out right. EDP drives me nuts sometimes.
Nette - Great name for those beads. It fits them.
Kelly - What a fun set of beads. Making me hungry so early in the morning.

Great job ladies. Thanks for the show. :)
Deb

nklt0
08-11-2004, 09:32 AM
finallly got access to camera again! Just have to show these beads I did recently.

the blue beads are made with Moretti cobolt blue, silver and gaffer coper ruby frits. The other set are Vetrofond army green, senapes and khaki.

GinaJ
08-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Great show and tell today, some gorgeouse beadies! :clap:
Sarah-your stars are always beautiful, love those colors
Misty- great set, I love anything with purple in it!
Nette- those are beautiful!!!!
Kelly, great beads, such wonderful detail...what kind of torch do you have?
Nklt-wow, what great colors, beautiful beads
Here's some from me, Moretti black and taupe (sorry, don't know), and dark red spacers:

mperaza
08-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Sarah - very yummy stars indeed!! that green is very pretty - can't wait to see the finished bracelet and earrings.
Misty - perfect name for your beads - they are great.
Nette - I love your tribal heart song beads.
Kelly - how creative!!!
Nklt - I love the blue beads - glad you gained access to the camera so you can share your beads.
Gina - great color combo. I love that look.

I posted some beads late yesterday evening on the day S&T, so I'm gonna post them again here. Nothing really new - just some more sculpted flowers. They are all moretti - lavendar, lavendar blue, dark red, yellow, some trans green and copper green. Still working on getting a tutorial - I'm still in my temp. studio/set up (the porch) pending the completion of my new studio. Weather has not been cooperating with me lately, so not a lot of torch time.

Have a great day all!
Marilyn

double S
08-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Sarah-great stars
Misty- yummy colors
Nette- great shapes
Kelly- incredilble details
Nancy-love those greens
Gina-wonderful encasing job
Here are my offering to the goddess Ebay tonight
Purple Haze-pastel purples, frit, EDP
Sweet Dreams--silver pink, lt rose, rubino
Glyphs-dark ivory, teal and green stringer
Lisa S

ritabead
08-11-2004, 10:38 AM
I'm digging all of the color combos, gals! And what cute little charm beads, with acorns and things? Very creative, I haven't seen that done before. Well I am off to florals workshop in Indiana for ISLAGA!!! Nervous!!! Nailbiting!!!! I hate flying!!!

Anyway, I finally have the picture of the Corina bead that will be in the spotlight. I can't show you the progression :evil: But I can show you the finished product :angel: . I used a Sara Kay cane to make the orange flowers. This babe is a honker at 1 1/8" in diameter. I just want to lick it! It's one of the last. I'm getting tired of them. So I'm only going to make about 20 more. They wear me out and I'm ready to go on to something different.

Have a lovely, lovely week gang! I'll miss you. But I am going to float in Sue's pool and perform water yoga. Pose for the day? "Jellyfish" :D Rita

jeffwelsh23462
08-11-2004, 11:12 AM
good mornin all. here are some new things i made last night.... 3 bracelets and a special order chinese hand etched dichroic pendant.they will be up on ebay later today. :cool:

Lapislazuli
08-11-2004, 11:19 AM
:D
Hi all the friends, beautiful works the displayed today, great colors, wonderful flowers. Here it is my contribution for this day.

a kiss for all, Lapislazuli

Lara
08-11-2004, 11:37 AM
I have a teardrop shaped bead today. I call it Art Deco - Purple Stone. Made of ivory, silver, transparent green and dark purple.

Lara

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/10029-purple_stone_sm.jpg

SPIglass
08-11-2004, 11:46 AM
What yummy beads everyone!! Here's a couple of recents ones. The first one is made with Bullseye sheet glass and the second one I think is Moretti opal yellow with silver and copper. I just love that effect!!

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/10616-softshimmer1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/10616-patinafeathers1.jpg

Lori-O
08-11-2004, 11:50 AM
:clap: Lovely, everyone!

Rita-Poteeta... you will love it at Sue's! So relaxing! I'll see you Saturday! :D

Lara.. you did it again! That's a keeper!

Marilyn.. those roses are to die for!

Off to work!

fay
08-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Good morning all! Beautiful beads!! Here is a rose pendant. It should be going up on the bay soon.

Have a flamin' fantastic day! :D

GardenGirl1002
08-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi all! Such beautiful stuff today already! I'm jealous of the bullseye sheet glass pillow. I've tried some cool looking bullseye glass, but it keeps turning white on me -- the color just washes out of it when it gets heated. I posted these on yesterday's S$T, but it was kinda late and I thought I'd post here today. I was messing with copper foil, silver foil & enamels in the first set, and the second one is just dots and dots and dots all raked around. There is a lot of depth in that bead, although it's not really apparent in the pic.
Have a great day everyone and thanks for the beautiful eye candy today!!!
Kristen

meh2purple
08-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Great eye candy everybody!! :clap:

Here's a little 'happy flower' bead set I did. These little flowers are so fun to make... they just make me smile everytime! :)

Helen Simon
08-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Awesome beads today, Glassheads! Great colors abound! Here's the set that killed my oxygen last night!!! :crying: Love, Helen

dgg112
08-11-2004, 12:30 PM
I'm just SPEECHLESS at all the beautiful beads!!!!!!!!!!!
Yall are such an inspiration!!

margaretz
08-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Great work, all! Just fantastic stuff- Rita- I love that beautifully round flower bead... Helen, as always, lovely flowers.

Here's a set I just posted on my site- my first official (not including the test-drives) pendant-style set... Oh, i looooove two part epoxy!

tehhol55
08-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Margaret,

Your beads are lovely!

I looked at your offerings on the bay and on just.beads....your photos don't capture the detail and beauty of your beads.

I know you didn't ask for input, but I have so enjoyed your work and think it would be sad if the quality of your photos kept you from selling at the price your work deserves.

Ellen

theonlyduda
08-11-2004, 01:27 PM
WOW!!!!!!! Lots today and all so pretty!! :D
Here are some flowers I made using Gaffer cane. I really like how the whispy effect works in the petals! :)

dgg112
08-11-2004, 03:49 PM
I posted some beads late yesterday evening on the day S&T, so I'm gonna post them again here. Nothing really new - just some more sculpted flowers. They are all moretti - lavendar, lavendar blue, dark red, yellow, some trans green and copper green. Still working on getting a tutorial -

Have a great day all!
Marilyn

Marilyn incredible roses. Is that something you taught yourself or what?? I love all the eye candy, keep it coming!!! Maybe I'll show you a lopsided bead one of these days and you can remember the good ol days when you were a newbie!!!! lol

dgg112
08-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Great eye candy everybody!! :clap:

Here's a little 'happy flower' bead set I did. These little flowers are so fun to make... they just make me smile everytime! :)

Awwwwwwwwww Mary, your little face beads are precious!!!! Made me smile tooooooooooooo!!! ;)

Tink
08-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Holy Canoles!!! What a show today! Helen: FABULOUS SET! Marilyn, I love the roses! And Sarah... Your stars are SO pretty! Great colors!

Here are a few from the Great Black Swamp. I'm playing with metals. Can you tell? LOL!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/10179-continuum.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/10179-rareearth.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/10179-laura.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/10179-chaostheory.jpg

Juls
08-11-2004, 05:16 PM
WOW! Yall are all such inspirations!! Such talent and GORGEOUS beads!!

I love the happy flower set...I'm still smiling!

here's a dichro collection from me...all moretti~
black, aqua, purple, silvered ivory, and some metallic frit stringer (I think it was the blue)

mperaza
08-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Marilyn incredible roses. Is that something you taught yourself or what?? I love all the eye candy, keep it coming!!! Maybe I'll show you a lopsided bead one of these days and you can remember the good ol days when you were a newbie!!!! lol

Hi Debbie - thanks!! Yes. What I know about making beads I taught myself and learned from reading the books and trial and error. However, I'm sure I'm missing a lot and I plan on taking a couple classes in the near future. Yes, please post your beads - it's great to see how the beads change over time as you progress.

Marilyn

GinaJ
08-11-2004, 06:22 PM
WOW! Amazing work today!
Jeff, I love your stuff, I just bought that paperweight you showed yesterday! Woo-Hoo, can't wait to get it!!!

mhartjen
08-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Lovely stuff ... here are a few of mine for today ... Moretti, silver, dichroic and frit!