PDA

View Full Version : "Monsters from the Past" Illustration

roger41
08-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Hey guys,
I posted this in another forum a couple weeks ago. Thought that I would post it here also. The reason being someone mentioned the great late actor Bella Lugosi today in another forum and someone "younger" I think.......didn't know who he was........My son, (12 years old) only knows him from my drawing here. I guess it works the other way too.....I'm older and don't know a lot of younger actors....that are very well known ....Bella's gone now, but boy what a impact he made. I did this Illustration last year for a client......thanks for looking......... :D :D

designbyjen
08-11-2004, 08:28 AM
sha-veeeet!
hey, what text ended up in that scroll @ the bottom?
~~~jen

roger41
08-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey jen,

Originally I was going to put the dates or years that these monsters were on the silver screen....ya know sort of like the script on a tombstone...1927 to1955......or something like that instead I ended up matting it with a very large boarder, (charcoal black).........something like 4" all round and 7" at the bottom, cutting another matted area at the bottom about 4"x7" with the name of each monster, the actor that played it, the name of the film, and the year that the film was made. I wrote everything in red and a spooky style of lettering for the effect. I just left the scroll there for the decorative effect...the client liked it :D It was not a lot of fun cutting the mat with my little Logan Mat cutter. Now , however, I have the big boy.....a Logan's Framer's Edge , professional mat cutter and all kind of goodies with it.....everything from a bevel edge cutter to an oval and round cutter. :D :D

AFM159
08-11-2004, 02:40 PM
ooooooooo a Logan Framers Edge...pretty sweeet.....I just got a Logan Model 450 a couple months ago. Made cutting the 34 mats I had to do for a large project a real snap! I can't belive I did without one for so long. I probably should have got one with a squaring arm but, oh well.....it worked extremely well and I didn't notice any of my mats to be out of square.....

Sweet montage! very cool. Bella's da man. or, rather, was.....

TedDawson
08-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Very nice! I like the extra touch of the hand near the bottom.

I'm an old movie buff, but have never been able to get my wife to share the sentiment. So I'm indoctrinating my kids. You won't find many 2- and 5-year-olds who can identify Groucho, Chico, Harpo and Zeppo!

Actually, the old horror movies probably wouldn't be inappropriate for them, either. "Lilo and Stitch" is much more violent than any of those.