PDA

View Full Version : Frit pendants

parrotheadbeads
08-11-2004, 01:06 AM
I am new to boro and pendants! I have been lampworking for awhile but want to try pendants.

I cant seem to get them to look like they are imploded. I have tried everything. Can anyone help!

amayita
08-11-2004, 01:18 AM
hiyas hun! ok this is what i do.....i make a maria on the end of my clear 11 mm punty rod, then i smash frit onto it. Then I hold my punty at a slight angle so that it is almost straight up and down with the fritted side of maria facing down and in flame. The glass will kind of melt onto itself and if you look it will make a little pucker in the middle. when you see this pucker gently smoosh you maria flat again. dont let the pucker get too deep as this will put an air bubble in your piece. Repeat this a few times and you will be able to see the frit imploding inside from a side view. once you get your desired effect then you punty to the back where the frit is melt off the 11mm rod, shape the face of the pendant, then you add a loop. You can do this free hand or with a bead on a mandrel. Then once you have a handle you can gently pop off the smaller punty from the back of the pendant and melt in any sharp edges in.

If thats confusing just pm me and let me know. I hope it helps. Its hard to explain stuff sometimes. This was taught to me by Lori Robbins. Thanks Lori!