PDA

View Full Version : another piece

reynolds
10-13-2001, 02:58 AM
here is one more of my most recent creations. i am going to use it as one of the pieces that i present in my thesis. it is a piece made with many things such as acrylic inks, acrylic paints, stamps, embossing powder, pigmented ink from ink pads and one must not forget the plastic onion bag netting that i melted with the embossing gun and the transfer image of the woman.
i love using lots of materials and layering them for different effect.
i hope you enjoy and remember i am new to this showing of one's art so go gentle.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2001/Dsc00057.jpg:cool:

please let me know if this is two large or anything. no need to break any rules :angel:

wendee
10-13-2001, 05:42 AM
wow this is cool...love the colours....gosh you sure did use a lot of different things to do this....:D :D :D well done...:D

Sandi
10-13-2001, 12:40 PM
Love your colors and textures! It has a lot of energy!
As it scrolled open, I saw a wonderful landscape with the energy of lake weeds blowing in the wind in the foreground. As it continued to scroll open, I then saw a face of a beautiful white horse with a person in the bottom left on the horses right nostril, and the reeds became electrical currents of that amazing feeling horse fanatics know as Horse Fever. Exciting feelings of an exciting addiction! The colors are the perfect choice.. nature, riches, passion, healing, royalty, and a steady calm beneath it all.
(my interpretation)
Yet, it is left open to interpretation. Others will see completely different. Wonderful!!

impetuous
10-13-2001, 03:30 PM
This is amazing, and the colours are choice ...really beautiful!
The whole thing just sucks me into the centre, it's almost as if I'm being pulled from/through reality (the diagonal, brightly coloured and harsh lines) into a dream (the merged, soft colours and the distant looking face)
Love the textures too!

Leaflin
10-20-2001, 03:15 PM
This is vibrant!
Wonderful textures and colours.

reynolds
10-26-2001, 12:40 AM
thanks so much for the positive feedback. as a person new to the site and a person who has not shown others much of her work this is so good for me. i love to play with many layers of materials to create something. i have even been known to take a sander to a piece to sand off a partial layer and reveal another.
thanks again ladies i really appreciate your feedback.

kayemme
11-01-2001, 03:05 AM
i really like the idea of layering media...

in my opinion: the female image is superfluous.... it distracts from the absolute lusciousness of the colours

the "scratched" areas feel a bit too trite; the rest of the piece looks so free and loose that it, too, takes away from the colours...

though, who am i to say :)

nice work, overall

yours,
k

colorme
11-01-2001, 04:44 PM
i like the buble texture and the bright colors, i also love mixing mediums, i don't know if it's me but the light blue area in the center looks like frankensteins head. lol:D

reynolds
11-03-2001, 02:56 AM
my goodness, frankenstien, yup i see it too. thanks for sharing your thoughts on my work, i have had different responses to the lady it is always interesting how each member feels in response to seeing a work.