PDA

View Full Version : Just Introducing Myself

lizo
08-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Hello, all!

I'm new here, and just wanted to introduce myself. I can't believe that I just found Wet Canvas! :eek:

My name is Liz, and I live in Southern California. I make lampwork beads, and the finished jewelry. Actually, I used to be really into making jewelry about 10 years ago, and now am getting back into it. There are so many new things now! I love it! PMC?! I ordered myself some, and am going to play with that. It looks so yummy!!

Maybe I'll post some pictures when I get a bit more confident!

Thanks!

Liz

McDuck
08-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Hello Liz and Welcome to the Wearables Forumn on WC!! this is the place to bead I must tell ;) you! So drag out your jewelry and show us what you do!

-mary

Glitzy Glass
08-10-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi Liz! Welcome to WetCanvas wearable art! Glad you decided to join the family. I think you will find that the folks on this forum are some of the kindest and helpful people you will ever meet!

Don't be shy about sharing!

TurtleBay Jewelry
08-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Ok, ok, enough chatter! We wanna' see the pictures! :evil:

Seriously (even tho I'm serious about the pics...;)), welcome to WAF! This is a great forum for just about any kind of wearable piece you can dream up. We have some ppl that do clothing design, lots of jewelry designers, I've seen great purses flying about hither and tither and don't even get me started on Li's silks!

Lots to see, and give a shout if you ever need anything! Enjoy!

~Danielle

lizo
08-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Hey, Danielle!

I'm checking out your website. Gorgeous stuff!!! Now, that's the type of jewelry I really want to make! Lots of silver wire! And little charm-type things!

I have a wire bracelet that I made. I'll dig it out and post some pictures.

Liz

Barrie
08-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Welcome to our wacky little part of the world!! I agree with everyone else, let's see some pics!!! (won't be long before you join the rest of us in our daily NEED for WC!!)

Lori-O
08-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Welcome to you! I drift back and forth between this and the Glass forum(s). Honestly, I favor making the jewlery .... well.... I like it all! :clap:

beadyeyedgirls
08-11-2004, 01:03 AM
hi liz, & welcome!

yes, pmc is really cool stuff. maybe one day my toddler will learn to go to bed before 11 & i'll get to do it again, lol! definitely try it!

Shirley C.
08-11-2004, 01:18 AM
well hi there, liz, and welcome to the WAF! i just love this place, and i hope you will too. and yeah... we wanna see yer stuff!! c'mon, girl, show us the goods! :D

i took a class with kate mckinnon a week ago, and after seeing her fabulous eye candy with the pmc work she does, i'd really like to get into working with pmc. but for right now, i have to stay focused - too many distractions... so when you start mucking about with pmc, you absolutely must post pix here.

once again, welcome!!

LadyArowana
08-11-2004, 01:34 AM
Hi Liz and welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it. There are often fun OT discussions on the Glass art forum too. Fiona

Andee
08-11-2004, 04:21 AM
Liz, welcome! You'll love it here! :) And we're all eager to see your pics!

Oskadis
08-11-2004, 06:01 AM
Hi! Welcome :)

TheBlueBetween
08-11-2004, 06:05 AM
Hi Liz - welcome to WC! I just wanted to say, don't be shy about posting pictures - we love eye candy of all kinds! And we are dying for some PMC pictures especially!!! I have a couple bags of the stuff and would love to make something with it but am afraid with all my distractions (namely my 3 year old) that it would dry out before I made something decent with it... but will get around to it soon I hope.

Have fun :)
Pam

Nolly
08-11-2004, 07:01 AM
Hello, Liz, welcome to WAF.

I'm with you on PMC; I took Kate's class, too, and her PMC work is so cool. Check her site at www.modernnymph.com (http://www.modernnymph.com) -- she's been working with huge Larry Brickman beads. Larry is a "dot guy," as he says; his warring states beads are TDF and they must weigh nearly a 1/4 pound each.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of you on the forum!

Nolly

beclectic
08-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi Liz and welcome to Wearable Art. I'm glad you decided to join us.

There are 3 threads stickied at the top of the forum. The 'Forum Guidlines' (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184411) give you an idea of how the forum is organized. We have one chat thread a day called 'Wear Its At' and we have one show and tell thread a day usually titled something like 'Show & Tell' or 'S & T'. both threads usually have the date as part of the title. There are also two threads with handy links, tutorials, suppliers and anything else someone thought would be useful, they are called 'Jewelry Links' (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182831) and 'Fiber Arts Links' (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182836). Please remember that all threads that are not about the creative process of producing wearable art go into the 'Wear Its At' thread.

Have fun exploring the forum. New ideas are only a click away.

LLane
08-11-2004, 08:38 AM
Hi Liz!!! Welcome ...... and what everyone said!!! We wanna see your stuff.... and are glad you joined in.

Peace,
Lois

debkauz
08-11-2004, 01:00 PM
Welcome, Liz

I think you will like it here! This place is only second to the bathroom when I get up in the morning most days! (It's ALWAYS the bathroom first!) It's a great group. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Deb

beclectic
08-11-2004, 01:39 PM
Deb, get a laptop and a wireless network card and it can be Wearable Art and the bathroom. ROFL.

McDuck
08-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Welcome, Liz

I think you will like it here! This place is only second to the bathroom when I get up in the morning most days! (It's ALWAYS the bathroom first!) It's a great group. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Deb

Deb- You have a group in the bathroom too :eek:

-Mary

Beads-Me!
08-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi there Liz! Let me add my welcome to the rest of the gang's.. I look forward to seeing some of your jewelry soon!! ;)

fringe4u
08-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Welcome Liz, I just joined this group in May and love it! Everyone is friendly, kind and very helpful! Can't wait to see your stuff!! The Other Debbie