PDA

View Full Version : Black & white portrait

christmascarolnz
10-13-2001, 01:06 AM
Hi...I'm new. This is a black & white pastel on greenish/grey canson paper. The paper colour scanned to b & w. :(
I used conte sticks & pastel pencils. This is the 3rd portrait I've painted, & the first which has turned out true to the photo. The photo was an arty type one with bright light, so I couldn't see the contours very well.
Any input would be appreciated. I'd like to put it into an exhibition if the person in the painting gives me permission.
Cheers.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2001/Jeanette.1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stealth
10-14-2001, 11:23 PM
looks good to me,i wouldnt mind seeing a larger scan,looks like your doing great :D

ARTeries
10-16-2001, 02:13 PM
I think it is beautiful!

jeneelind
10-16-2001, 05:54 PM
Who is that? I am just curious :)

Jen

Looks nice!!

christmascarolnz
10-17-2001, 07:25 PM
Thank you for your comments. Stealth, I had such a hard time trying to post the picture...if you go to the files page, (I think), you'll see the picture in it's huge state before I worked out how to make it a more appropriate size! I had to go to the cafe to get one-on-one-walk-me-thru-it directions.
The picture is of my pastor's wife...it's amazing how personal one can get when you draw their nose, eyes, etc...& get to know their teeth! :D
Do you think the hand looks odd being in the picture? Is it too big, & have I shaded it enough???
Again, thanks for your input.
Carol

Lulu
10-18-2001, 11:22 PM
I think this is amazing work Carol - welcome to wetc, nice to have another kiwi on board:):)
Am looking forward to seeing more of your work.