PDA

View Full Version : Latest Portrait Attempt WIP

binkie
08-10-2004, 07:00 PM
I tried another portrait which seems to be shaping up into a series I'll call "The Circle of Life." It's still a WIP. I would appreciate any and all suggestions you have!

The pic of the right (looking at screen) is somewhat washed out, so played with it in my photo program and got the one on the left. It's got too much color. The actual painting colors are in between these two.

Thanks so much for looking!
gwen

Khadres
08-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Lovely job! This is very well done, indeed. The people are convincing (skin tones, hair, etc.) and I LOVE the background you chose...how'd you do that?

binkie
08-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Thanks Sooz, I had to laugh when you said you like the background and want to know how to do it because it was another of my background disasters. First tried a pinky mauve with yellow splotches, next the yellow splotches grew and added purple. That looked awful so scraped it all off and went with a deep maroon (art spectrum) with a light blue/gray (Grumbacher) over it. I need to find a class in nothing but backgrounds! LOL

gwen

K Taylor-Green
08-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Good likeness, Gwen. Your portrature is growing by leaps and bounds!

binkie
08-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks, Kate!

I am enjoying the pastels and art more than I ever even thought I would! I'm looking forward to class starting again next.

gwen