PDA

View Full Version : Show & Tell Tuesday 8-10-04

TheBlueBetween
08-10-2004, 10:05 AM
It's late, but I don't see one??? So I'll start.

Hill Tribe flower and leaves, amazonite, silver....

McDuck
08-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Very pretty Pam, simply yet elegant. I just love the look of the amazonite with the hilltribe. Now go make that blue bead! lol

-Mary

debkauz
08-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Yummm...I love amazonite! And, I love Hill Tribe Silver! Great combo for sure.

Deb

fringe4u
08-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Greetings Wet Canvas Friends, Here is my latest. The name you see is the artist who made the beads. She sent them to me to design a bracelet for her. Last night one of my fringe bracelets sold for $64.00 :clap: , it was hard for me to get asleep last night!!! Lois, these are also small lampwork beads, I like working with them because the bracelet looks so feminine. I think I have fixed my crimp problem. Here is my latest design, I put a Swarovski cube at the end so the beads won't push on the crimp. I think I am going to experiment with other beads or a smaller cube at the end. Have a great day...Debbie

McDuck
08-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Congrats Debbie!! Very pretty bracelet too.

-Mary

Andee
08-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Pam - beautiful necklace, very elegant yet refreshing, and I love the amazonite beads! :)

Debbie - congrats, and I love that new bracelet! :)

JAM Creations
08-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Awesome pretties so far! Here's some from me--a couple of "Stephanie" bracelets & a fall lariat.

Jodie

Anyone notice the quality of my pictures has improved? I just figued out that my camera has a macro function! Learn something new every day--

TheBlueBetween
08-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the nice words everyone. That stupid necklace of mine has taken almost 3 weeks for me to finish - it's missing something but I don't know what. I've got about 5 things half done and had to just wrap it up last night to get it out of my head and make room for other things. I'm glad you guys like it though... we will see if it sells anytime soon - if not maybe I'll figure out what it's missing.

Great bracelet Debbie and congrats on selling one of them! Isn't it wonderful when that happens?

Jodie nice lariat - I think every girl should own one or two of them myself! And those bracelets... well let me just say I have stephanie bracelets on my brain and have for a week since I bought mine from her. I figured out how it was made but I've been trying something a little different - so I can get some seed beads in it too... But I need some more spiney beads... like NOW!!!

Shirley C.
08-10-2004, 03:51 PM
pam, that necklace is lovely! i really like hilltribe silver, and amazonite is one of my favorites.

debbie, what a pretty bracelet! nice colors - looks very "springy" to me.

jodie, nice job on the bracelets! i really love the feel of that style of bracelet - it feels very sturdy on the wrist, and they look so luxurious. and oh, that lariat is scrumptious! i just love trees, leaves, and fall colors (i think it's my new england background).

speaking of leaves and fall colors - i have no jewelry to show, i haven't had time to finish any - but here's a bead i made in the class i was in last thursday and friday (front and back side of the bead). i had the pleasure of taking a class with diana east, and my head is full of new ideas (i just need some torch time, dang it!). the scan doesn't show this very well, but both of the leaves on the front and all of the small stars and large center star on the back are bright gold. and it's real gold - they're from gold fuming. i can't wait to do more of this stuff!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/10433-DianaEastClass.jpg

McDuck
08-10-2004, 04:54 PM
jodie- just lovely bracelets and yes Pan, everyone needs a lariat!

Shirley, you have outdone your self, that bead is a beauty!

-mary

McDuck
08-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Finally, another finished item from me. Black hand made ceramic flower in black. Sorry no depth to black, it is just shiney and black, black, black! Accented with bali large hole silver and hand made ceramic beads all handpainted 3 times by lil ole me. It is very comfy to wear as I had to take it for a test drive because the black neck wire is a new product for me.

-Mary

TheBlueBetween
08-10-2004, 05:17 PM
way cool beadie Shirley!!! I'm getting into fall already too...

Great use of one of your flowers Mary... one of these days I'll get mine posted. Of course summer will be over by then....

gypsysoul
08-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Pam, that necklace is so cool and refreshing--simply elegant! I don't think it's missing a thing.

Debbie-- very pretty!

Mary I like the black very much!

Jodie, I hate you for knowing how to make those when I don't! LOL! Just kidding--very pretty!

Shirley, I love what you've done with Diana's ideas! Her beads are wonderful, and you've put your own touch on them with your unique sense of color. Beautiful!!!

I have been away from here lately because I've just been so busy with a thousand things. I need to take a breath! Here are a few recent things from me:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/10675-lovesfirstblush1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/10675-amethystdreams1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/10675-purpleabstraction1.jpg

McDuck
08-10-2004, 10:18 PM
paula, all of those are VERY pretty, but my fav is the organicy lookin focal and 2nd set. nummy!

-mary

gypsysoul
08-10-2004, 11:20 PM
paula, all of those are VERY pretty, but my fav is the organicy lookin focal and 2nd set. nummy!

-mary

Thank you, Mary! That was one of those things that went horribly wrong in the middle of everything so I decided to see what else I could make of it. It started out as a much smaller bead. I was pretty pleased myself with what I ended up with. A happy accident. :D

Barrie
08-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the drool fest you guys!! Absolutely yummy!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: (nothing from me today, still recouperating!!)

beadyeyedgirls
08-11-2004, 12:57 AM
nice work, everyone! love that focal bead!

Andee
08-11-2004, 04:25 AM
Jodie - great stuff, I especially like the bracelets, they look fun!

Shirley - *thud*! That IS a gorgeous bead! I can't wait for you to show us more of them! :clap:

Mary - I love that necklace! Beautiful!

Paula - stunning beads, I like the lot of them!

Oskadis
08-11-2004, 05:57 AM
*drool*

Such wonderful jewelry. Would not know which I'd like better :clap:

Mary, does your black flower have a green little stem at the back? On the second picture I can see something green lurking out behind it :)

And those beads .... simply wonderful. I admire you torchers :)

McDuck
08-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Karen, My beads this time are ceramic hand formed. ANd yes you see a lil green stem in the back! thank you!!

-Mary