PDA

View Full Version : Wear Its At! Tuesday, 10 Aug 2004

Jacinthe
08-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Come on over to the live chat and lets talk!

Click on Tools
Click on Chat Live
Let the windows load
Click on rooms
Click on Rooftop
Click on Go to Room
Chat!

Hope to see you there!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

froggee501
08-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Don't know if I ever got around to telling y'all that I was leaving, but I'm home now... was at drum corps for the summer, and it was... interesting. Glad to be home, and hopefully I'll be able to make something worth keeping on the torch tomorrow, after two months!

Emma

TheBlueBetween
08-10-2004, 12:53 AM
Welcome home Emma :) Have fun on the torch tomorrow!

Jacinthe
08-10-2004, 04:08 AM
Good morning fellow wearable art people!

Just wanted to say hi!

Hugs from holland,
Sarah

Oskadis
08-10-2004, 05:17 AM
YAWN *rubbing eyes*

Why can't I be once in my life fully awake around this hour?

Am atm in an uninspired mood - no jewelry making for almost a week already!
I guess that assembing IKEA furniture must drain any creative thought from me ... but I - need - storage room.

Greetings from tropical Germany

Andee
08-10-2004, 05:33 AM
Good morning, Sarah and Karen and all who'll follow!

I WAY overslept today, but I feel rather grotty. Seems like I develop a nice summer cold in this tropical heat... Yuk...

A very belated congrats to Barry for your success at the show. I'm not surprised, tho! :)

Shirley, the pics of the fawn and the dog are adorable, SO cute!!

Pam - wow, awsome places on your pics!

Have a lovely day, y'all!

beclectic
08-10-2004, 08:10 AM
So what is the temprature in tropical Germany? It was in the 60s F here this morning (around 19 C). I can't believe it is this cool here. Usually it is close to 100F in Aug. I'm not complaining at all, this is delightful.

BTW, here is a link for a Fahrenheit to Celsius Converter and Celsius to Fehrenheit (http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm). It goes both ways.

Didn't get to work on my necklace last night. One thing after another happened, all boaring and aggrivating, so maybe I'll get lucky tonight and get to work on it.

There is a new Beagle computer virus variant out so be careful about opening attachments, especially attachments you weren't expecting. Trend has new virus definitions out that stop the virus but Symantec(Norton) still doesn't have a new definition out for our email scanner. Hopefully, they will have a definition soon.

Y'all have a fun and productive day.

beclectic
08-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Don't know if I ever got around to telling y'all that I was leaving, but I'm home now... was at drum corps for the summer, and it was... interesting. Glad to be home, and hopefully I'll be able to make something worth keeping on the torch tomorrow, after two months!

Emma

Welcome back. Sounds like there is a story there when you say drum corps was "interesting". You'll have to fill us in when you have time.

While we are on the subject of people being gone does anyone know when SuziQ is coming back from Main. She hasn't posted since the end of June. I've been missing her and her great polymer clay work.

Andee
08-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Barbara, it's 31 C here atm (88 F???), tho atm it's pretty cloudy...

beclectic
08-10-2004, 08:38 AM
It has been getting up to that in the afternoon here. What would be a more normal temp. in Germany in August?

I don't know why we are all so interested in the weather but for some reason I like knowing what kind of weather people on the forum are having. Makes me feel more in touch I guess. Kind of silly of me but not too silly. :)

McDuck
08-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Welcome back Emma! And yes please tell us about drumcorps!

As for SuziQ, I dont remember when she said she would be back. :(

-Mary

Jacinthe
08-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Well here in southern Holland, it was 34 dergees Celsius (93) and for us that is a heat wave when its that high for more than 5 days.

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

carrieabn
08-10-2004, 09:06 AM
I have to ask who you marched with! I wanted so bad to be in one when I was in high school, but marching with tenor sax kinda made it impossible!! Would love to hear all about it!!!

Carrie

McDuck
08-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Hello Everyone!

Andee, 88F is not all that warm for us over here. Usually it is near 100F this time of year. AND I am compalining! Winter sucks as we do not get as much snow in the Chicago area asw we used to.

Barbara - thank you for the virus alert. my nortons just ended, i need to renwe :rolleyes:

As for me, some things out of the kiln this morning. Pics later of my black flower necklace. Garden work today, need to set trim about my trees, mix dirt for around them and replant the flowers in them. Then to make some more seed beads items later in the day, and to pour more beadies.

In the Chicago area today, cloudy and cool, like low 70's looks like low 60's if you ask me. Did I mention cloudy and cloudy, yes and it looks cloudy here too. :rolleyes: :mad:
have a wonderous day!
Mary

Barrie
08-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Good morning wearble folks! I'm with you Barb, I like knowing too. Maybe it kind of puts us in the others shoes if we can picture what their weather is like. We had record high temps yesterday - 35C - 95F - and it's supposed to be just as hot today - YUK!! Fortunately for me, my studio stay so nice & cool, no matter how hot it gets outsde. 40 foot cedar trees, and a horsechsestnut to thank for that!! Normal for us at this time of year is 25C or 77C. And for someplace that is supposed to be one of the rain capitals of N. America, we sure have been going without that these days! Weird weather, I tell ya!!

Karen, I think Ikea drains the creative juices, but once you're organized, watch out!!! There's a tv show on these days that has a group of people go into a couple's home, and organize two rooms. It's brutal to watch all the 'stuff' people have to sort through and throw out or sell!! My kids keep threatening to call this show and have them descend on me! LOL! Might be an idea - can hardly move in here these days!!!

Barb, thanks for the virus warning. One can never be too careful!!

Thanks for the kudos Andee, after the last show, I was very relieved to have some decent sales! And found homes for some old stuff that I thought would never go!

Well, today I actually have to work. I'm up way earlier than I want to be, but so much to do before I go away next week. I might even manage to get some jewelry made later today! :clap: I have more ideas than I know what to do with! Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

TheBlueBetween
08-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone :) I'm up early as I got kicked (literally) out of bed this morning (by Luke). Last straw was him putting his feet under my pillow. To bad for me I was up really late working on my Stephanie Sersich knockoff bracelet (different technique tho). I'm kind of bummed as it's getting smaller as I make it and it no longer fits. And the beads I'm using are so wonky that I wanted it for me, not to sell or give away. It's taken hours so far... what to do what to do... I guess I have to tear it all apart and start over. Of course that may never happen.

Today is summer camp for Luke and so I get some torch time - I'm going to make a blue bead. That is my one and only goal - I need a nice big blue bead to finish up a necklace I started last week. All these things started and nothing finished - driving me nuts! (except for one I posted in S&T - it's kind of boring tho).

Have a good one :)
Pam

Beads-Me!
08-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Hello everyone! Cloudy and cool here today - maybe in the mid 60's... sigh.... I'm going to head out and get a few beads made before I take my son Jordan to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch.. My kids love that place and I took Brenna there last week while Jordan was at work so now it's his turn! Kind of an early birthday present - my baby turns 17 on Friday. How can that be?!?!?!

Have a great day all - I'll be happy to send my fall like weather to one of you if you'd like!! ;)

Edit: Pam - that's beautiful! Too bad it's getting smaller as you go.... :(

artbabe21
08-10-2004, 10:44 AM
welcome back.........in the future this type of message belongs in the chat thread ONLY.......thanks for your co-coperation.

artbabe21
08-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Sarah....please DO keep these type messages in the chat thread, This is a technical forum. :) When I merge them to the chat thread it messes up the order.

beclectic
08-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Hey Pam, those colors are scrumptious. So what is the technique and why is it getting smaller? Enquiring minds want to know! :D I'm afraid you may have to do a WIC and tutorial on this bracelet.

McDuck
08-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Pam, that is a beautiful start for your bracelet. TOo bad it is getting small! And as for Luke being a bad bed partner, lol, so is my daughter with me! When she was young I would find her sideways next to me in bed, but she would pretty much sleep all night next to her Grandma as she laid down! Go figure :rolleyes:

hey Nancy, 63 here for a high today I think. those darn :eek: Europeans are hoggin all the heat! hehehe :D :p And the Canadians wont shut the back door :eek:

-mary

TheBlueBetween
08-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Hey Pam, those colors are scrumptious. So what is the technique and why is it getting smaller? Enquiring minds want to know! :D I'm afraid you may have to do a WIC and tutorial on this bracelet.

Ha! I need to figure out how to do it right before I try to tell anyone how! It's on rattail - I think that is what it is - fabric coated over plastic? - just a long piece sewed together with the button on one end and the loop on the other - I got that part done and it was just a little loose - but just about right size - then I started sewing on the gazillion beads with fireline and a needle and it seems to be like a ring - size 6 fits my finger fine if it's a skinny ring, but a big fat ring needs to be a size 8. And it doesn't seem to want to strech like the real SS macreme bracelets do.

Good news though, I just sold 2 items off my site. Love it when that happens ;)

Andee
08-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Pam - that bracelet's going to be so lovely, bummer that it's getting shorter. Can't you tie (or sew) another piece of that string to it where the star-shaped bead (I LOVE that btw) is now? And hide the knot under more beads later?

As for the heatwave - I'm with Sarah on this one, when it's more than 30 C for a few days in a row, THEN it's a heatwave here! ;) Yesterday we had 36 or so C, and thankfully it's a bit cooler today. Last year's August was just as bad really, I just don't like it when it's THAT hot... :eek:

Whoopse, Mary and Pam, you sneaked in on me:

Mary - if only I could send some degrees of heat your way I would do it! ;)

Pam again - congrats on your sales! :clap: :clap:

beclectic
08-10-2004, 11:14 AM
<snip> As for the heatwave - I'm with Sarah on this one, when it's more than 30 C for a few days in a row, THEN it's a heatwave here! ;) Yesterday we had 36 or so C, and thankfully it's a bit cooler today. Last year's August was just as bad really, I just don't like it when it's THAT hot... :eek:

Look she got a little degree symbol in her post. 66F. I can get it too if I copy it. How did you get that Andee? My keyboard doesn't have a degree symbol. I want to make the degree symbol.

TheBlueBetween
08-10-2004, 11:25 AM
&ordm; is the html code for the degree sign - not sure if it will show up here tho - & ordm; (and remove the space beteween the & and the ordm; )

no that didn't work. I guess because HTML is off. Ah well :) Alt 0186 is the way to get it in Word.

Gingerbiscuit
08-10-2004, 11:26 AM
hey Nancy, 63 here for a high today I think. those darn :eek: Europeans are hoggin all the heat! hehehe :D :p And the Canadians wont shut the back door :eek:

I'll happily swap weather with you Mary! :D

Lovely bracelet in the making, Pam.

Have a great day all! :)

Gingerbiscuit
08-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Please can someone explain "merit" and "mentor" that I see on posts in the glass lobby? And why don't we have the same here in wearables?

Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question! :)

beclectic
08-10-2004, 11:35 AM
&ordm; is the html code for the degree sign - not sure if it will show up here tho - & ordm; (and remove the space beteween the & and the ordm; )

no that didn't work. I guess because HTML is off. Ah well :) Alt 0186 is the way to get it in Word.

- Holding the 'Alt' key down and typing in 0186 worked. Whoo-hoo a new toy. Thanks Pam. I am impressed and happy to a high .

bay75
08-10-2004, 11:37 AM
For a degree symbol hold down your Alt key and then type 0176 when this is typed release your alt key. Good luck. Here's my test:

Mary in BC which is expecting highs of 35C today

Andee
08-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Barbara, the is on my keyboard, but I never expected you to get jealous over so small a thing, such a little thing! ;) ;) (Yup, can't deny that my fave movie is The Lord Of The Rings! :) )

beclectic
08-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Barbara, the is on my keyboard, but I never expected you to get jealous over so small a thing, such a little thing! ;) ;) (Yup, can't deny that my fave movie is The Lord Of The Rings! :) )

ROFL - good one; one ring .

Wow, I just noticed. 2 more posts and I'll have made a 1,000 posts. I sure am a chatterbox.

LLane
08-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi Everyone..... you have all been "chatty" this morning..... :D ..... not me.... I just got back from the dentist where I got two filled front teeth... My tongue and nose are numb.... and I'm starved! I'm sure I would bite myself if I tried to eat right now!!! I'm seriously numb..... way up to the top of my nose ..... by my eyes!!! :D

Off to see what I left in the kiln yesterday..... I think I have some real SOB's in there.... (Seriously Overdecorated Beads! :evil: ) I had some time to "play" an that "just one more dot" thing, can take over!!!

Have a great day all........

Peace,
Lois
who isn't sure how many degrees or (little degree sign here... the alt thing doesn't seem to work on my keyboard)..... but it's pleasant.... partly cloudy and probably about 70 -74 ..... and I like it... I've had a great summer!! :D (sorry Nancy and Mary!)

McDuck
08-10-2004, 02:59 PM
You are all teasing me with your weather :crying: boohoohoo...*sniffles*

I just finshed typing a letter fro my best friend to her attorney for her up coming divorce. How sad to summerise 25 years in 2 pages. she said I did a better job than she did. LOL Believe me it wasnt pretty. some spouses should be put in jail for keeping their families inpoverty whilst they go out and spend money as they please.

Anyway, just updated my website, copper anyway. Going down now to make some beads! wooohooo! Then, work in the neighbors yard, then make a spiral bracelet. I cant wait!

Lois - :eek: u snuck in on me! Hope your mought heals fast! Hate to see you wither away on us.

-mary

Barrie
08-10-2004, 03:08 PM
WHOA!! This alt thing is way cool! ROFL! Woohoo!!! Those are fun!! (I sooooo need a life!!) (how'd I get the tm thing???) :D

beclectic
08-10-2004, 03:33 PM
WHOA!! This alt thing is way cool! ROFL! Woohoo!!! Those are fun!! (I sooooo need a life!!) (how'd I get the tm thing???) :D

Sooo... glad you asked. This is my 1,000th post. You got the tm thing by holding down the Alt key and typing in 0153. :cool: Here it is again... . We are way to easy to entertain. :D

Now I have 4 stars. :::more celebration:::

Edited to add: In a post below Pam says 4 stars makes me an 'onion', whatever that means. Mary has almost 2,000 posts so she must be a super onion or maybe even an ultra onion. LOL Hey maybe that means I'm an ogre because ogres are like onions, ogers have layers, onions have layers or at least that is according to Shrek. :D

TheBlueBetween
08-10-2004, 03:34 PM

LOL ! 0153 is TM

Here are more: http://members.aol.com/troochie/alt.html

http://www.worldnames.net/unicode/alt-codes-for-symbols.htm

I can't get them to work because I'm on a laptop adn don't have the side number pad :crying:

I made some blue beads... just need them to cool down now so I can see if they match the necklace. I thought I was using paladium blue frit but turned out it was copper blue - so I have a feeling they won't come out like I thought... last two I did right I think.

It's getting HOT here - have to go fill up the kiddie/doggie pool...

TheBlueBetween
08-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Sooo... glad you asked. This is my 1,000th post.

Whoo Hooo!!!! I think this means you are an onion? That now you stink? I'm not sure how that term came about though. And I'm sure you don't really stink. All I know is I will be joining you in less than 40 posts. I guess at this rate that could be today even LOL!

Shirley C.
08-10-2004, 03:40 PM
hiya, everyone! wow, i'm late today - had to run errands, answer emails, take peanut to the vet, answer a few phone calls, deal with mom's insurance company, phew! speaking of peanut, i wish i had a working digi camera - i just looked down at my feet, and she's lying here with her head on a cushion and her feet wrapped up in my flip flop (not the one i'm wearing). i guess she's dreaming of the beach. :D

well, it's a gorgeous 72 F here, sun shining, sky a bright blue, a few wispy clouds drifting by... and i've got more errands to run, then i have to finish cleaning up the room in which i have all my jewelry supplies. it's so cluttered that i can hardly walk in there, let alone find anything. when mom gets out of the nursing home i'll be flying her out here, and i need to get the house in order before that happens. that will probably take me the rest of the week - ugh!

barrie, i want to congratulate you on such a successful show! i love your work, and i'm so glad that the folks with the wallets did too.

hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

LLane
08-10-2004, 03:59 PM
congrats Barb on your 1000th post!!! If you weren't designated a guide... you would now be a WC minion (in your tiny head box).... and some creative folks ..... took it a bit futher and called it an "onion." Someone posted onion recipes in celebration of her 1000th post.... a tradition is born!!!

Congrats....... welcome to the group of us "stinkies!"

:D :D ;) :cool:
Peace,
Lois

beclectic
08-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Lois, thanks for clearing that up. I'll look for onion receipes when I get home. Wouldn't want to flaunt tradition.

McDuck
08-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Sooo... glad you asked. This is my 1,000th post. You got the tm thing by holding down the Alt key and typing in 0153. :cool: Here it is again... . We are way to easy to entertain. :D

Edited to add: In a post below Pam says 4 stars makes me an 'onion', whatever that means. Mary has almost 2,000 posts so she must be a super onion or maybe even an ultra onion. LOL Hey maybe that means I'm an ogre because ogres are like onions, ogers have layers, onions have layers or at least that is according to Shrek. :D

Hmm, does that make me a super ogre? lol my soon to be sisinlaw thinks so. I told her I wouldnt introduce her to any single men I knew until she straightened up. She thought I was rude! lol oh well...

:eek: How did I become more chatty than Lois? :eek:

btw lookat me

i just made some molds, back to work with me, oh yeah go look in the show and tell, i actually have a show...

hehe, mary

McDuck
08-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Congrats on you chatty cathy-hood there Barbara, I knew you woulndt let me down!

-M

Shirley C.
08-10-2004, 04:51 PM
hey barb! congrats to you - our latest stinker!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/10433-onionheadBarbara.jpg

McDuck
08-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Shirley - I looke don your site again bcz those darn dogs make me laugh. Just how did youget those precious innocents to pose in such positions? yeah like now you are going to tell me that terriers just do things like that :rolleyes: :D

Mary

TheBlueBetween
08-10-2004, 05:13 PM
I just ran over to Barbara's house and snapped this picture of her real quick. Oh, and yes, she *does* stink!

debkauz
08-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Lois, thanks for clearing that up. I'll look for onion receipes when I get home. Wouldn't want to flaunt tradition.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Welcome to stinkyhood! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi y'all. I'm late today. My dentist day is tomorrow and I'm already getting queesy. Getting 2 crowns on the right lower. I HATE going to the dentist. :crying: :crying:

Deb

LLane
08-10-2004, 08:14 PM
:eek: How did I become more chatty than Lois? :eek:

Hey Ms..... errrrrrrrr McDuck!!! Whaya' mean by that??? :D :D It has only taken me 2 years to get those posts!! :D :D (or whenever it was when the glass forum was started!!!) Most of them have been over here!!! You all bring out the best in me!!! :D :D

Lois
(formerly known as Chatty cathy.... giving up title to Barb!! :D)

Jacinthe
08-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Anyone out there up for a chat? Come on up to the Roof in the Live Chat!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Jacinthe
08-10-2004, 08:56 PM
yeah yeah I know I just invited everyone for a chat, but lack of sleep has caught up to me and I'm off to bed. night night all see you in the morning.

hugs from sleepy holland,
sarah

Barrie
08-10-2004, 09:17 PM
I can never keep up to the lightning typing required in chat! LOL! Hey! Congrats Barb!! I'm almost there myself, and I'm sure it won't take long!! Hey! guess what I did today?!? Go on...... guess!!! Nope, not that - nope not that either. All right whoever suggested that, get your mind out of the gutter! Alrght I better tell you before you all get out of line! :D I got to play with a 14 week old baby lion! Dh and I went to the tattoo shop (no work today, just visiting) and a buddy of the artist dropped by. He raises wild animals for the movies - most of his critters come from rescues, including this little doll. I wish I had my camera today! She's soooooo CUTE~! I never really was aware that baby lions have spots like leopards, but it makes sense, for camoflauge and all that. She's quite the talker, grunting and growling the whole time you play with her. She was sucking on my thumb for a bit (she's still bottle fed), and gnawing on my wrist. Well, I guess gumming my wrist is a better description! LOL! He got her from some idiot that didn't know how to care for her and had let her get so emaciated she nearly died. Thank goodness she's in good hands now. I know these animals should be in the wild, and if the world were perfect, they would be. But unfortunately these things happen, and you have to make the best out of their situations, and if you'd seen this little sweetheart playing with us today, you'd know she isn't suffering at all. What a neat way to spend an afternoon!! Now I'm going back to work!!!

Bangs
08-10-2004, 09:55 PM
LOL Barrie, hard to top that one!

McDuck
08-10-2004, 10:16 PM
What a sweet story barrie.

As for me, done working at the neighbors for another day. But the neighbors across the street just returned from a week in Mexico, and like what we have done and want us to work on their backyard too. :rolleyes: Dan said we are getting too old for this rofl...wish the darn old people would relinquish our bodies back to us! :eek: :D
See ya in the funny papers!
-Mary