PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Aug 10th, S&T

Juls
08-10-2004, 03:20 AM
Happy Tuesday Yall!

New corals, silver ivory, khaki, white and teal. (all moretti)
*oops, goldstone, also.

Josie
08-10-2004, 04:01 AM
OOoohhh! I love those tabular bicone beads! Yummy,yummy,yummy!!
Here's mine for the day.
Val's ruby gold pastel frit~
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-003F.JPG
Silver foil on trasparent~
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-007F.JPG
More silver foil and some frit stringer~
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-008F.JPG
Have a beadalicious day everyone!

Tracey

Jacinthe
08-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Juls - that is one gorgeous fall coloured set!
Josie - the purples are my favourite, but all the sets have something special to them.

Here are the only things I got made last night, two stars
One champagne (might be the chardonnay glass everyone was talking about), white and aqua, and then one lauscha green, white and champagne.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/20424-10aug1.jpg

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

PS Where is EVERYONE?

Nette
08-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Sarah, I must comment on your stars, they are gorgeous! Those color combos are beauty!
Tracey, your lentils are so pretty. I'm Lovin' Vals frit. Will have to get some.
Juls, your color combinations are just right for fall. Very attractive display.

I dont have pictures yet. Maybe I can share later. Have a beautiful day Everyone!
Annette

KellyD
08-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Juls- Wow, those are beautiful. All the colors really pop together.
Tracey- Very nice lentil sets, the silver foil on trans. one is my favorite ;)
Sarah- Your stars are perfect, and I love the colors you choose together

Here is mine for the day, Clear base with lime, coated stringer in purple, pink, coral, blue, and maybe some other colors I can't remember.
Have a great day,
Kelly

Booger
08-10-2004, 07:35 AM
Fun With EyeBalls......

Eyeballs were littering my studio, so popped some mis-matched ones in and WOO HOO - Does it look interesting! Lucky needs some hands, the Sly Clops went for a dip in the Vitrea glass paints, and Popped-Eye ended up with paint surgury to swirl his pupil. Moretti. Eyes made separate with handmade canes and had WAY too much fun....

Thanks For Looking At "My Eye Guys." And now to the work thing.
Clean It Up,
Booger Woman

nursekatie
08-10-2004, 07:45 AM
WOW!! Killer thread today!!

Juls....the colors are incredible!!

Josie....those lentils are gorgeous!!!

Sarah......the stars are perfect!! Nice job!!

Ms. Booger.....very scary!!! (and such talent!!)

Jenny brought me some silver wire and dichro on Saturday....so that is what I played with!! I also took my lentils to the garden :D

xoticbead
08-10-2004, 08:17 AM
I never seem to get up in time to add anything to the S&T thread. I'm up really early today so thought I'd drop in and add something to the thread
Liz

double S
08-10-2004, 09:10 AM
beauiful work everyone :clap:
Here are my latest
Big Sky- more tabs in sky blue, teal frit, bluestone
Sea Monkeys- blue,green transparents with ivory stringer
Purple Pillow bracelet- still working on getting the pillow shape down
Lisa S

CalmWaterStudio
08-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Juls... what wonderful work! I love your display and your choice of fall colors!

Tracey, those beads are just elegant and beautiful... I especially love the clear ones... gorgeous!

Sarah, I love your stars... they look amazingly like intricate snowflakes!!!

Kelly, what cute beads! I LOVE the color and detail of each one... wow!

Booger.. those are awesome Halloween beads! Have you seen that glow-in-the-dark powder? I would love to see one of your beads sone with that stuff!

Katie, elegant and gorgeous!!

Liz, I LOVE those colors for fall!

Lisa, I love your funky style and choice of colors!

Here are some more of my fixation on shells lately...

rosebead
08-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Here's mine for the day.
Val's ruby gold pastel frit~
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-003F.JPG
Silver foil on trasparent~
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-007F.JPG
More silver foil and some frit stringer~
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-008F.JPG
Have a beadalicious day everyone!

Tracey

Those amber beads in the middle are delicious! :clap: :clap: :clap:
WOW!

jeffwelsh23462
08-10-2004, 10:24 AM
here are ours for the day, 3 lampwork bracelets and a teardrop paperweight. they will be listed on ebay tonight! :cool:

kybeadmaker
08-10-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm still seeing how much color I can get into one set. I really try to make quieter beads but somehow this color need takes over. These were made with Corina's pill shaped press and enamels, twisties and stringer. Love the beads you all are showing.
Harriet

ctbeads
08-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone,
Great beads from all. Kelly, I hope your having a good summer, hopefully we can get together soon....... Here is a necklace I posted on Finished Jewelry and thought I would post here too. It's uranium yellow and black, etched. Have a wonderful day.

Charlotte

GinaJ
08-10-2004, 11:17 AM
GORGEOUS work today, Jeff, I love that paperweight!!!!!
Here's mine, some organic beads for a change (Moretti, with ivory base, silver, teal, and rubino) :

jeffwelsh23462
08-10-2004, 11:32 AM
GORGEOUS work today, Jeff, I love that paperweight!!!!!
thanks gina!

Becky Mason
08-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Tracey - Love the lavender lentils.

Sarah - Your stars exhibit such perfection of glass manipulation. I'm very impressed.

Booger - Is this what happens when you work in a studio without proper ventilation?? Just kidding! I love your beads. They are ugly and cute, funny and scary, all at the same time. There are many mornings that I wake up feeling like creature #2.

Here is my contribution today. I have been playing with my CBS squeeze tool.

Becky

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/47082-beads_-_Organic_Squeeze-WC.jpg

Lara
08-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Hi ya'll

Very nice beads today.

Sarah - I too like your stars, very nice, love the colors.

Jeff - Nice bracelets, there is something about glass bracelets that I really like.

Juls - very pretty set.

Kelly - great set. Very nice stinger work.

Here I here Cherry Red beads. Coral, transparent red and purple scrolls.

Lara

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2004/10029-Red_sm.jpg

margaretz
08-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Great stuff today everyone! Booger- I love Clop... you've got such an ability with sculpture- I admire your talent! The second one is cool too!

Here's a recent few-
a long bead with silver and frits; a twisty with silver and frits; a "Meteorologicals" series bead with frits... hmmm... do you see a theme?

:-)

ritabead
08-10-2004, 12:32 PM
here's one

Toxey's Treasures
08-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Great work everyone!!

Jeff I love the bracelets.

Rita, you are sneaky. I was looking at it for a second and thinking NICE, then wham, the goddess hit me. I think she is great!

Josie, I love the first set, you say that is Ruby Gold frit?? Hmm.... maybe not the version I have.

ritabead
08-10-2004, 01:14 PM
I call that the power of the p. Ever so subtle! :evil:

mtbarr
08-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Great stuff today. I think another 1000 Bead Book needs to be published. What do you say about "Another 1000 Beads"? :clap: There are some great ideas on the showcases of Wetcanvas....

Here's my latest horse....

seagirl
08-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Juls-
Love the beads! What are they strung with..looks like some kind of fiber. I love the look with your wonderful beads! Where do you get the stringing material and does it hold up very well with the beads?

Josie
08-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks so much you guys! Now I've got the warm fuzzies. :D
The ruby gold frit is the opaque version that Val recently started carrying. I forgot to add that VERY important word in my original post. Sorry!
Tracey

Tink
08-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Beautiful work today, everyone! Rita, you are NOT going to believe this, but I did the same darn thing to a bicone Sunday night. LOL! I can't take credit for the idea at all, as it was suggested by a customer who promptly bought it.

Time to hit the torch... I have a nice long studio day ahead of me! Weeeeee!

Juls
08-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Hi Seagirl,

Yes, it is fiber. You can find it at your local craft store. Walmart carries a selection as well.

It holds up fine for stringing and displaying lampwork, although it is obviously much more free in movement than wire. Take extra care in your packaging if you ship collections strung on fiber.

As far as creating finished pieces including fiber with lampwork, I would recommend a second threading material to add strength. You also need to be aware that some of these fibers unravel, so take care not to include those in a wearable project that is intended to live long through repeated handling.

***my submit finger is trigger happy!**

AWESOME beads everyone...I can't pick a favorite!!!

hugs~

softbleu
08-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Here is one of my latest with a terrible pic (sorry). Inspired by Mr. Booger of course.

Christy

swamperfolk
08-10-2004, 07:08 PM
This is the first torch session I have concentrated on flowers. Usually I can get a pretty even bicone if it's an organic but by the time I add flowers, it goes all wonky - they look like they have bead-butt but they were fun. I noticed that my green stem cane caused the Moretti purple to separate and get a dark line but it did not effect the Lauscha purple. And the blue jelly fish bead. Believe it or not there is no blue in that bead. Just black, silver foil, SIS and clear Lauscha or Vetrofond - I can't remember which.

tiger1
08-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Kay,
I loooooove that horse!!!

GardenGirl1002
08-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Evening, All! I'm not gutsy enough to start the evening S&T (especially after watching the spooky commercial in the Glass Works Lobby)- particularly because these beads aren't so wonderful that they need their own attention!
The first one is just enamels with silver & copper foil and some transparents drizzled on and a clear & white twistie in the middle. They didn't come out as cool as I'd hoped, but I stopped myself from raking them at least.
The second focal is just dots and dots and dots melted in and raked around.
Have a great night everyone!
Kristen :)

mperaza
08-10-2004, 08:17 PM
WOW- wonderful assortment of eye candy today!!

Ms. Rita - how nice to see you again on a regular basis.

I can't remember everyone's beads - I just know that I oooooh'd and awwww'd at all of them as I looked through the posts. I do love Jeff's wonderful bracelets - in fact, I just received a couple in the mail and they are more beautiful in person.

As for me, I haven't been doing too much lately (still not finished with the new studio, so I'm at the mercy of the weather) - but, I did manage to get a little torch time in last night. Here's more sculpted florals using moretti in the popular red, yellow, lavender and lavender blue, the leaves are copper green.

Have a great evening all!!

Marilyn

sandree
08-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Hi All

Feel as though I have been missing for a while. I am in Maui with my husband and kids for a month. Will be coming home soon so I am thinking of beads and beading...here is a set I made before I left. I am still enraptured by the borosilicate glass and find it is all I want to work with lately. Aloha from beautiful Hawaii!