PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition: Girl #1

Steve T. Laws
08-09-2004, 09:44 PM
OK, I know I don't post much, but I don't have much reason to. In anycase, I have a little picture I'd like all y'all to take a peek at and tell me ifin you all like it.

Edit: Well the pic is considerablly shrunk down from it's original size already. It would break my heart to thumb it down further soes it can fit here. I hope a link will do.

Exhibition: Girl #1 (http://www.stevetlaws.com/Frames/IllusColor/Exhibition.htm)

designbyjen
08-09-2004, 11:34 PM
welcome:) are you sure you don't play tennis? got a 'rebel' camera--*snicker, snicker* sorry, i couldn't resist--hope you have some humor!
anyways...so glad you've come over to share w/ us.
in this piece, i can see whom you admire & get inspiration from;)...tell me about the characters you chose (like the one w/ the board around it's neck--what is the deeper stuff/meaning on that).
i don't have the illust. open before me cuz i was going thru your site & when i hit the 'prints' page i got a nice 'waol'...blah blah something error...had to restart the computer...rebooted & went there again & got it again so something there isn't agreeing w/ my puter...so i thought i'd write real quick b4 my puter poops out on me. other than that...nice site. esp like the watercolor of (if i can remember the name right) 'egon'? wanted to ask you w/ this & other ills., if you use the white of the paper, scratch to get white or go back in w/ white paint?
enough questions for one night....
~~~jen

TedDawson
08-10-2004, 10:34 AM
This is awesome. It really exhibits what I might call an extra-watercolor look. I'm envious.

What kind of paper did you use?

Lots of personality... and personalities.

I love it when artists use paintings-within-paintings. Is that really the frame in which American Gothic resides?

AFM159
08-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Denver, huh? Was out there last week.....stuft meself silly on cheap Mexican food at Casa Bonita! :p

Awesome works and cool website.....thanks for shareing.

On the pic in question - awesome fer sure...great narrative...self promo..I'm guessin'?

I like the counter balance of the girl and the little mouse. To the girls right, it looks like a note pinned to the wall - whats it say?

OK, I know I don't post much, but I don't have much reason to.

Sure ya do! You've got some mad skills and we likes many points of view! And we're happy to have ya!

roger41
08-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Very nice work steve.................it's one of those pictures that I can just look at for some time and chuckle........very cool .........I like your style:D :D

Roger

imager777
08-10-2004, 07:30 PM
I like it. For some reason it reminds me of this guys stuff: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/perez/alternative.html

Kathryn Wilson
08-11-2004, 08:00 AM
I enjoyed looking through your web site - really neat watercolors. Your watercolor work is strong and bold - just how I like it! I especially like the Cityscape (I love architectural renderings) - very nice!

Please stay and share more often - join us in the coffee break room and tell us about yourself. :D

Steve T. Laws
08-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Hi!

Thank you all for the nice compliments, They're all nice to hear and I'm glad you can enjoy them.

Yes, Jen, I do have a sense of humor, no Canon though. As to the deeper meanings and what not, yes, I do put in some elaborate stories into me narritives. It happens naturally while I paint and it helps me to be interested in the painting. Uhm, I hope you don't mind me not writing a novelette here. Also I've come to learn that my story isn't near as cool or personal as the ones people create themselves. I really like when they do that.

Ted, the paper I use is . . . For this one, at least, is Canson 140lbs.

AFM- Denver, yes. Casa Bonita, ew. Self promo, I guess so. And the little plaquard says, Exhibition: Girl #1; Steve T. Laws; WaterColor on Paper; and that's all I could fit in. Hope that answers ye questions.

Again, thank you all!