PDA

View Full Version : here it is really

reynolds
10-12-2001, 08:52 PM
so here is the earlier promised piece. please go gently and we shall see what y'all think of my attempt at this art thing.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2001/Dsc00048.jpg

impetuous
10-13-2001, 12:43 AM
This is lovely and fresh, it has a real feeling of spring about it, the greeny yellows are so vibrant like new shoots of grass or freshly opened tree buds. Topped with the delicate flowers and the splashes of blue I'm thkining of a meadow next to a stream on a warm day in May (or October if you're south of the equator!) ...but that's just my interpretation:)
I'd love to know your interpretation of the piece, what it means to you, reminds you of.
Great work :clap:
ps, any chance of a detail close up? (I only say this because I'm nosy of other poeples techniques. I've learnt so much by just looking at how other folks do thinks:))

Sandi
10-13-2001, 12:29 PM
<~~ echos Impetuous. I love how you've overlayed your colors and leaf designs. It has a wonderful depth that transports our thoughts into paradise. Thanks for sharing!

Leaflin
10-20-2001, 03:03 PM
An execellent first post!
What I like about this piece is the free feeling it gives me.
Very light and delicate :)

MissMouse
11-07-2001, 04:46 PM
First response - "O'that is cool"

I really like the colors, makes me want to take off my shoes and wiggle my toes in the freash green grass..............

gsb
11-08-2001, 08:17 PM
Evokes a Carribean jungle. Wonderful color!

allanom
12-15-2001, 12:01 AM
Love the vibrant colours and the two layers: the soft free-form background; and sprays of flowery and greenery scattered about. This is a lot more abstract than I would've figured you for..:O) Neat place to photog the pic -- in the big ole knothole of a tree. Medium(ia) and size on this?

reynolds
12-15-2001, 12:23 AM
so i went to the thrift store and found this old canvas with some flowers painted on it in colors that were a tad off to my taste so i bought it and gessoed (is that a word?) my little heart out, then i did an under coat of some acrylic artists ink. it is great to use as you put it on and then spray rubbing alcohol on it and let it run or wipe it off, sprinkled on some salt for the variations in color in the green at the top which did not show up in pic, the colors on the flowers are done with pigment ink pads, the lower part has a conglomeration of wax paper, napkins, stamps and embossing powder which is cooked plus some spray paint. for the finishing touch i took the sander to the flowers and brought up a tad of the original artists color for hilights. that is the story and i guess i am sticking to it...as far as size well it says 12 X 16 on the back and i cannot do realism yet as i do not have that skill. i love collage, digi art, and abstract stuff so maybe i will take some classes;) or maybe not but first the thesis must get done:eek:

Impulse
12-15-2001, 12:51 AM
allanom touched it immediately
the multi-layer depth of this piece
is enthralling
i especially like muted shapes
suspended in the mid undefinable
distance
a meandering river of the mind
with tributaries abounding

reynolds
12-15-2001, 01:22 AM
i am honored and delighted by your words, thanks impulse.