PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood

K Taylor-Green
08-09-2004, 11:08 AM
I have decided to add to the native American theme running through here, lately! I did this last fall, after a trip to the Grand Canyon. the colors I saw there inspired the background for this. 16 x 20 mostly Rembrandts on velour paper. C&C, of course.

judwal
08-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Lovely colors...nice mood too. I would extend the wolf's neck so that it is behind the indian. Right now the head looks like it's floating in space.

bnoonan
08-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Actually I like it very much as it is.

In fact it's wonderfully dreamlike in quality and you get a sense of the power animals play in this man's life and history. Well done!

What tribe would he be in?

Barb

paloma
08-09-2004, 12:53 PM
This is lovely Kate. Quite an art combining animals with people - this works really well. Cheers Alexandra :clap:

Khadres
08-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Very nice! The totem animals along with the man's face are all expertly done. Surprised you still have this one.

DGrau
08-09-2004, 07:27 PM
great concept..textures are handled wonderfully..very nice
David

K Taylor-Green
08-10-2004, 04:08 AM
Thanks, Judy, Alexandra, and David.

Barb, He is Apache. I took artistic license in including so many spiritual totems, and leaving out others. I'm glad you like it. this kind of thing is fun, and gives me a break from my horses!

Sooz, Actually, this piece is in Canada, part of a program to raise funds for Strays of Canada.