PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your Softflex?

LLane
08-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Ok.... so I decided to try Softflex instead of Beadalon this time..... but I didn't buy any at the Gathering..... (I just couldn't spend money on that when all that glass was there for me to adopt!!) But now after looking at my supply of beading wire and my orders piling up, it is definately time to order some........ so .... where do you get it from? SoftFlex directly or somewhere else???? I assume the prices aren't much different.... but would love somewhere that discounts!

Thanks!
Lois

and Shirley...... you think .019 is ok for bracelets with lampwork???

TheBlueBetween
08-09-2004, 11:07 AM
I have purchased mine at shows directly from softflex, but also from www.beading.com - they have great prices on it too: http://www.beading.com/catalogue/page28/page28.html

:) Pam

LLane
08-09-2004, 11:36 AM
Pam,
Thanks for the link...... I had forgotten about those guys.... I just love to read his catalog and website.... what a riot!!! Somehow I just trust a guy who has a sneaky looking critter on a product saying it's not really that good!!! OH.... I remember it's a seal.... for seal of poor quality!! :D :D

Thanks again..... off to order!!!

Lois

kbeads
08-11-2004, 06:10 AM
I get mine from Artbeads.com, They have quantity discounts and free shipping. As a matter of fact, they have the .14 100 ft spool on sale right now for around 21.00.

Nolly
08-11-2004, 06:45 AM
Lois,

Shirley hasn't stopped by, so I'll say that I like the 49 strand 0.19 for lampwork--and everything else, for that matter. It has such a good "feel," soft and flexible, but reassuringly solid.

My major complaint with SoftFlex is that they didn't discount at the show. As a matter of fact, I thought that the folks at the booth were a little stuck up ... over what, string?

I'll check out artbeads and beading com for good prices; thanks for the links, guys!

Nolly

LLane
08-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Hey Nolly,
I specifically went to their booth with the intent to buy.... and didn't for exactly that reason!!! Also, I loved some of their gemstone strands, but got such attitude from a couple of the booth workers that I didn't buy those either.

I did order from South Pacific. His prices seemed good.... but now I see the price from the other supplier Artbeads. Oh well. I'm going to give it a try. I ordered the .019..... maybe that's the difference!

Thanks !
Lois

Helen Simon
08-11-2004, 12:03 PM
I just paid 13.27 for 30 feet of the .019 at HobbyLobby, and I thank you for the link. Love, Helen

debkauz
08-11-2004, 12:56 PM
I got mine at B&B last year--1000ft for about $200. if I am remembering right. The price per foot ended up being .25 as opposed to .42 at the last place I got a 'good' price. Big difference!! The guy I delt with was very nice and helpful. I love the stuff and really don't use anything else at all to string.

Deb

Flexguy
08-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Greetings all,

Just thought I would put my two cents in here. You can buy Soft Flex directly from our website: http://www.softflexcompany.com/. We have an extensive online catalog and offer monthly specials and design tips as well. If you have any problems or questions, we also have a staff member who personally fields any questions related to our product and how to use it - just click on Ask Sara. If you would like to save a couple of dollars when ordering from us, just enter my name, backwards, as your online coupon, (at check out, just type in samoht - this applies to orders over fifty dollars).
I would also like to add that you might find us in beading stores or hobby shops. If you happen to find our wire there, and it is cheaper than what we offer online, then, by all means, stick with the lower price.

If anybody has any Soft Flex questions, email me or you can go to the senior member of the staff, who would know worlds more info than myself - just go to Ask Sara on the web site - and we would be more than happy to chat with you.

Thanks,

[email protected]

:D

Nolly
08-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Just thought I'd add that I was at a class over the weekend and SoftFlex came up as the ideal stringing material. I was told that the reason they don't discount at the shows is that they don't want to undercut their distributors. That's honorable, even if it doesn't speak to my needs.

Nolly