PDA

View Full Version : WDE 7th Aug Mountain & meadow

paloma
08-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Hi All,
Just thought I would drop this in for your appraisal this morning. Pastel on primed pink pumiced card approx 14X10 polychromos & unison took 2hrs 10 mins. Cheers Alexandra

aurora70
08-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Very nice Alexandra...I love the soft muted colors. Beautiful job...

K Taylor-Green
08-09-2004, 11:01 AM
I love the sky and the play of colors on the mountains. Exellent, Alexandra.

judwal
08-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Very well done. It's fun to see how each artist approaches the same subject. I used the same ref photo for mine.

bnoonan
08-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Alexandra,

Nice soft colors in those mountains in the distance. It really does effectively make them recede.

Well done - great overall mood on this.

barb

paloma
08-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Hi Pastelists,
Thanks for looking & kind comments,Aurora, kate , Judy, bnoonan. Yes this was fun to do & you don't have much time to think about how you are to tackle the subject - then it most probably sharpens ones perception!! It is amazing to see how we all paint the same subject so differently; I think there was at least 4 of the same view. Liked yours particularly Judy - you also simplified the image to advantage. I will have to miss the next couple as our daughter arrives tomorrow with her family so we are going to have a quality time with them for couple weeks. Hasta Luego Alexandra :)

Khadres
08-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Really nice, Alexandra! How do you like your Polychromos? I find they have so much richer dark colors than NuPastels and used them quite alot to lay down rich undertones. You've used such lovely colors in this one, and yes, I think the WDE does challenge us to just get ON with it! :)

Enjoy your visit with your daughter!

Kathryn Wilson
08-09-2004, 05:54 PM
As one who has participated in many WDE's, I can attest to the strengthening it can give to one's painting and perception skills. You just get right into it - it makes you break it down into simple shapes and colors.

This is a wonderful WDE entry - very nicely done Alexandra! :clap:

*Deirdre*
08-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Beautifully and softly done! :clap: