PDA

View Full Version : Maui

Shey
10-12-2001, 04:23 PM
Here is what is hopefully my finished painting. Kehai beach on So. Maui. Any comments and or suggestions greatly appreciated.

:):p:D

LDianeJohnson
10-12-2001, 07:49 PM
Shey-

It's a bit hard to see from the small image and it seems a bit grayer than your original I suspect. Could you post a larger version?

The water and sky are handled nicely and the tree is in good position. I would just work on the right side of the tree fronds. They are beginning to have a stiff feel. Simply extending them and making the leaves less regular looking should do it. Look at the painting backwards through a mirror...you'll be able to see quickly where to make adjustments.

Diane

Shey
10-12-2001, 11:26 PM
Your right......I can see where I need to just extend the branches a wee bit on the right. Few more leaves. The actual painting really isn't gray, it's just my camera. I tried making the image larger but WC keeps spitting it back at me saying it's too large. Thanks for the help, this is my first pastel landscape. I started out with Nupastels and finished with Rembrandts and Senneliers.

:D

LDianeJohnson
10-13-2001, 12:29 AM
You seem to have a very soft, flowing way of working. Maximize it...and the clear use of color. Yum.

D.

stealth
10-14-2001, 10:57 PM
like to see a bigger scan,looks like your doing great.:angel:

Javier
10-18-2001, 11:13 PM
Shey, wanted a better look at your painting, so I lighten it a little and resized it -- hope you don't mind.

It is very nice -- I'm just visiting -- I'm a watercolourist.

The Very Best,

Javier
10-18-2001, 11:15 PM
Shey, I forgot -- I cropped it a little.

The Best,

Shey
10-19-2001, 01:03 PM
Thanks for your comments. No Javier, I don't mind you resizing my painting. Actually it lets me see where it may need some improving. This is a Banyon tree and they have lots of knarled up branches with sparse leaves. I tried to use my colors as they were without too much mixing. This painting is very blended but one I just finished is more loose and scumbled which I just learned to do. I will post it as soon as I get it scanned. Thanks again!!

Shey