PDA

View Full Version : scratchbord help

birdlady
10-12-2001, 11:50 AM
This is my first post!!!!! so hope I got it right to get my image in here. I am wanting to further this piece by adding color to it but dont the procedure in doing it and am really afraid of ruining it in trying. I would appreciate any and all suggestion on this. Any critiquing on this would also be appreciated. Thank u.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2001/congotimfl_5_copy.JPG

Thumper
10-18-2001, 10:46 PM
This is beautiful, I love the flowers, But i do think that adding color would help the viewer differenciate between the different objects, it would add greater impact. You can use pens/markers, or carefully try acrylic. Good luck. . .t ake a look online through a search engine you can find some cool stuff :)
Joc

TheMadPainter
10-30-2001, 12:41 PM
Your picture is beautiful so far, so I have no critique on it. I also do scratchart and I found that using colored inks (waterproof) is the greatest and works well for me. Diluting and mixing them to get various shades needed to paint your work is easy. I start with light coates and work my way to darker shades. Also if you make a mistake usualy you can cover it with black india ink and try again even rescratching works if your original scratches aren't to deep. I like transparent inks the best. If I can be of any further help please do contact me, or visit my web site for some of the ones I have there as examples. By the way this is my first post and I am a very new member (today is my first day here) so I hope I am doing things proper using this forum. Good Luck with your project so far it sure is off to a good start, and don't be scared to try the transparent inks, try some practice on a scrap piece of scratchboard first till you feel comfortable with it..... The Mad Painter.....

davinci
11-06-2001, 09:25 PM
I do A LOT of work in scratchboard, and I too use transparent inks and can atest, that in my opinion this is the best method for coloring scratchboard. Get a nice fine brush to add in the ink detail, and if you don't like where you placed color you can carefully scratch it back out or re-ink it.

birdlady
11-06-2001, 10:19 PM
hi Thumper..TY I went looking when I had time and there are some neat things. And in color!!! Wow. Hope I can be that good one day.

hi Madpainter..I have invested in the inks and will be trying them on a small piece and going from there. I am pretty new to so we both will learn the ropes..:) TY for the nice compliment on my work.

Hi Davinci...Do u have a web site to look at? As I told madpainter I got the inks now the practice time needs to come. My art doesnt take a front burn as yet. TY for the input.

davinci
11-06-2001, 11:02 PM
I have posted one of my scratchboards in this forum. ("other mediums", so take a peek, I think I just titled the thread "scratchboard".