PDA

View Full Version : Sunday August 8th Show & Tell

CorvetteJuliet
08-08-2004, 02:38 AM
Here's a bead set I made yesterday. I'm calling it Flowers in the Mist. It's periwinkle and purple. The raised flowers are opaque base, with layered translucent and grooved with an exacto knife. The other set is called Purple Mist and it's purple w/ ivory melted in real well till you get the reaction & spreading thing going on. It then encased in clear and squished a bigger bead than normal and got the clear 'rims'. I think it looks really cool.

The other picture is what my new (well, almost new, only 11 k miles!) to me 2002 Corvette looks like. :D :D :D I need to get pictures of mine tomorrow, this is a GM photo. ;) I traded in my '87 with 150k miles. Oh what a zoom machine. I feel the tickets coming already. :evil:

OK, the order the uploader wanted :rolleyes: was:

Purple Mist ----------------- Corvette --------------- Flowers in the Mist

sarakay
08-08-2004, 02:53 AM

MaureenKennedy
08-08-2004, 03:57 AM
Sarakay - that is spendiferous! Must tell us how you did it!

Juliet - lucky you in getting that corvette!

MaureenKennedy
08-08-2004, 07:57 AM
Everyone must still be sleeping! LOl

Here are some beads I have made recently.
The Plum branches is made with the infamous opal yellow.
The Sand Hill Dunes is made with European silver someone sent me from Italy. And the last was inspired in a round about way by the Alley Cats that was in showcase recently, but with my own variation and little mice racing for the swiss cheese.

Jacinthe
08-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Juliet - awesome sets and a beauty of a corvette
Sarakay - Gorgeous bead, I love the way the colours work together. I see silver, black, turq, and ivory. Did you use enamels too?
Maureen - my favourite is your Sandhill Dunes set, it is gorgeous the colours and the mix of beads. Well executed and beautiful! Certainly gives the feeling of sand and water!

Well I didn't make much last night, only my two kitties for the August challenge and a finished necklace with beads I made a while ago.

White, periwinkle, mustard yellow and black were used for Hello Kitty. Right one was first, left one was second.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2004/20424-8aug1.jpg

Lauscha green and moretti white used in these beads and star.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2004/20424-greenwhitenecklace.jpg

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

CorvetteJuliet
08-08-2004, 10:33 AM
SaraKay - Wow, that is amazing. I can't even fathom how you did it! :)
Maureen- Beautiful. I love the first set. Does the color variation in Opal Yellow show up because of heat or O2 differences or ???
Jacinthe - Cute kitties! I love the green neclace though. Wow!

mperaza
08-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Juliet - very nice beads - how on earth are you going to find time to continue making beads now that you have the new corvette??
Sarakay - yummy bead.
Maureen - All your beads are great, but I'm with Sarah on the favorite.
Sarah - Love your kitties they are as cute as can be. I also love the star bead you did - would love to see it closer up.

Hope I got everyone and no one snuck in while I was posting. :)

I did make a couple flowers Friday for an order but already packed them away for shipping before I could take pics. Other than that, I haven't been able to torch much lately. That's really not good since I'm full time now and depend on the $$ from the beads. Until my new studio is complete, I'm at the weather's mercy. Maybe tonight!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Marilyn

Jacinthe
08-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Sarah - Love your kitties they are as cute as can be. I also love the star bead you did - would love to see it closer up.

Have a great day everyone!
Marilyn

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2004/20424-31may4.jpg
Here you go, a scan before I had annealled and strung them up. I made the beads back in may.

It is just layers of white, layered with lauscha green, and so on, then end white dots have been poked and then the last lauscha green dot has been melted in just enough to see the air bubbles when you look at the points each, but not from the front.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

jamilyn
08-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Beautiferous beadies ladies! I'm very impressed.

I have a few to show - that I made with the new Bullseye colors that were sold at the Gathering (odd lots?)

And my second cat (two pieces) a la Sharon Peters.

sarakay
08-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Sarakay - Must tell us how you did it!

It's transparent cobalt, silver foil, and effetre clear.

Make the base bead with cobalt and apply threaded stringer with the clear. Melt in.
Roll the bead in silver foil and burnish it on.
Apply more threaded stringer with clear.
Slowly melt in the silver and threaded stringer, watching for the reaction to appear. This is were you have to sit right in your chair, and the glass fairies do their magic work. :eek:
Once you've melted the silver in, case with clear, keeping as much of the base bead out of the flame as you can, or you will lose the reaction.

sara

emmytr1
08-08-2004, 01:36 PM
I haven't showed for a while so here it goes. Frits and organics, also I'm on an etching kick.

Mary Lou

sarakay
08-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Sarah,
Those Hello Kitties are adorable! :clap:
sara

Lara
08-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Great items today.
Sarah - I'm loving that raked dot bead, the color is just right.
Juliet - nice car, looks like fun. Great sets. I really like the first one.
Jamilyn - don't you just love some of these odd lot colors from BE???

Lara

Here is mine, just a simple stacked dots bead and some matching spacers.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2004/10029-teal,_FULL_SM.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2004/10029-teal,_SM.jpg

mperaza
08-08-2004, 01:53 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2004/20424-31may4.jpg
Here you go, a scan before I had annealled and strung them up. I made the beads back in may.

It is just layers of white, layered with lauscha green, and so on, then end white dots have been poked and then the last lauscha green dot has been melted in just enough to see the air bubbles when you look at the points each, but not from the front.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Thank you for showing the close up Sarah - it is just scrumptious!

Marilyn

koregon
08-08-2004, 02:09 PM
A dichro bead from me...I made it with the intention to etch it...but I can't pull myself to do so...so it stays like it is...I am just loving working with dichro....all Moretti and those are stars I made while Marna was here

Nette
08-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Sarah, Your necklace is lovely. Your stars always shine. :) Love the kittys,too.
Jamilyn, Thanks for sharing those yummy colors. Your kitty is precious!
Mary Lou, Those organics are gorgeous! I like the first and last ones best.
Laura, Wow, that stacked dot bead is a beauty!

Here is my offering. I'm really into etching lately. Love the way it cleans up that turquoise and they feel so good. Got it on the Bay. Wish me luck!
Annette

Nette
08-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Juliet,Sarakay,and Maureen, gosh, sorry, I guess I skipped over you. Everyone of you have beautiful beads.
Juliet, beauty beads and super nice vet!
Sarakay awesome bead! Perfect in every way.
Maureen beautiful bead sets. Nice job on the cat head beads. What FUN!
Kaye, as always you amaze me. The stars are cool. Very pretty bead.

Hope I didn't forget anybody.
Have a great day!
Annette

Moth
08-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Kaye: I would be SO tempted to etch that! :) When you get done looking at it all sparkley, maybe you can etch it later and let us see how she looks.

Sarakay: That is truly beautiful.

*SARAH Jacinthe: I really suck. I have your package to send...I have been adding stuff to it to send to you and I just keep losing track of time. Please forgive me. Hopefully you will be so happy with what I am sending you that you will forget how long it has taken me to get it in the post. Hugs.*

Here is all I have to show. Been playing with dichro again so that I don't forget how to do it. :evil: As if! I need to order MORE. I would love to try some new colors.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2004/24464-pinkdichrosidepamo.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2004/24464-purpledichrosidepamo.JPG

~~Mary

AlexM
08-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Wonderful beads today!

Here's my contribution for the day.

kwstudios
08-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi! A quick note from Karen - I'm in the process of moving to a new house!! There is junk everywhere...and I didn't realize how much glass I have.

My computer is still hooked up so I can take a quick break to check out the latest. I must say that I'm attracted to the new dichro (Mary and Kaye) that I see. I have some of the round dichro rod, but my attempts have given a lot of " bead scum". What's the trick?

Here's a couple of things I have up this week.

Give me some help with the dichro!

Karen

Moth
08-08-2004, 04:05 PM
I have some of the round dichro rod, but my attempts have given a lot of " bead scum". What's the trick?

Karen

Hi Karen!

Gorgeous work as always. The trick to the round dichro rod is not to use the round dichro rod. ;)

I have had much more success with the cut strips that are pre-slumped before use. You can either buy them that way, or slump them yourself. CBS coatings are best and you can get them with different COEs. I use all 104.

Keep your flame off of the coated side, and make sure to seal the dichro as soon as you can to keep it from being burnt in the flame. Worker cooler, but don't be too scared. Once it is cased you can be fairly brave. (Not to say it is impossible to fry it then.) If you fry the dichro it will get all scummy gray and you might as well dunk that bead in water because nothing will bring it back.

Have fun!
~~Mary

ritabead
08-08-2004, 05:26 PM
popping in to look at all of your beads. Sigh!!!!!! :p I don't get to check in often enough.

Here's one from me.

Lori-O
08-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Oh you all just amaze me. Lara, you are one of my faves, as well as Rita, Moth, Jacinthe (such sweet kitties!) Juliette, geez!

Okay, I posted this in the WA forum, but I was inspired to make these after my canoe trip. Lt. ivory, foil, and Smoke Topaz Light, with Corina disk stamp. The surface stripes in the beads turned out really silver. I'm pleased. Please ignore the crazy wire work! I was just foolin around. It's my first attempt at a "totally wired" bracelet! LOL!

Oh and I was playing around with some Bullseye. Love the Gold Purple and Powder blue combo! So rich! These buttons have dots on both sides. Kinda cool, I thought.

Hey, I know my execution isn't always the greatest, but I have fun sharing with y'all. And, if someone happens to get inspired from my work, that makes me happy, too.

BBsBaubles
08-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Mary Lou, it was worth the wait to see your work.
Annette, I love your colors!

MaureenKennedy
08-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Juliet - I did nothing special to get that color with opal yellow - I used two different rods of it, which is why they look different. One was that "dirty poo" color and everything turned out plumish color on it. I wanted to try and get that same plum with some yellow in it and mixed it with a more yellowish rod, and only the yellow and brown came up. Very contrary color to work with.

koregon
08-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Juliet - I did nothing special to get that color with opal yellow - I used two different rods of it, which is why they look different. One was that "dirty poo" color and everything turned out plumish color on it. I wanted to try and get that same plum with some yellow in it and mixed it with a more yellowish rod, and only the yellow and brown came up. Very contrary color to work with.
How true...it makes me so mad that I have cut each batch and stuck it in the same square in my storage...cuz I never know which I am going to get.

and what about silver pink??? I have no clue as to why they called that color that name...what a waste of money...I have yet to make it look decent.

starlightdesigns
08-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Oh my goodness.... what GORGEOUS beads, everyone! I was especially amazed by Kaye's dichro bead and Alex's luscious set! WOW!!!!

Lara
08-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Oh you all just amaze me. Lara, you are one of my faves, as well as Rita, Moth, Jacinthe (such sweet kitties!) Juliette, geez!

Wow, Thanks, I don't know if I have been anyone's faves before, :D

I like your bracelet, the bead look very touchable and I would be fondeling them all the time.

Lara

ritabead
08-08-2004, 11:28 PM
*blush* thank you

come see us in LaFayette next weekend.

KatieKat
08-09-2004, 12:38 AM
WoW Rita, LOVE that bead. :clap:

Lori-O and I will be seeing you next weekend in Lafayette at the ISLAGA class!

All the glass is in and cut and ready to go for the class.

Katherine

CorvetteJuliet
08-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Beautiful beads in this thread. I love the dichro beads. Truly yummy! Like eating the stars! :D

Juliet - I did nothing special to get that color with opal yellow ...snip...

Thanks Maureen. Maybe I'll be brave and try it on the HH. I was afraid you'd say tons of O2 or something like that. ;) ~Juliet

Lori-O
08-09-2004, 04:27 AM
Well Hi There Katherine!

Yes, I can't wait. I wonder if Rita will be coming in costume? LOL!!

mtbarr
08-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Lara,
Your beads are truly fabulous. Hard to believe you work on a hothead. But your photographs are outstanding!!! I always find myself staring at your beads only to realize what your photography is doing to me. Keep 'em comin'.

ritabead
08-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Hey gals! I may just come in nothing at all!!! :evil: Who needs to pack when I can fly naked! I'll have more room to carry glass!!! Can't wait to meet you. Two more days. :D

Beautiful beads you guys.