PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At - Sunday, August 8

Shirley C.
08-08-2004, 12:58 AM
ok, so it isn't sunday yet here on the left coast - but it sure is on the right coast and i wanted to share these pix. i got these pix in an email with the following story attached:

A lady found the fawn under her step (they think the doe might have been hit by a car) ... her Ridge Back dog is helping look after it. The family named the fawn Bella. Once she has regained her strength (she was not in good shape when the family found her) they are going to send her to some friends who (in the past) raised two orphan deer and released them to the wild. Right now she is being bottle fed. Their dog (Hogan) has basically taken over. The fawn even shares his bed.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2004/10433-HoganFawn1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2004/10433-HoganFawn2.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2004/10433-HoganFawn3.jpg

hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Barrie
08-08-2004, 01:34 AM
Aaawwwwww!!! okay, how do you follow a fawn and her dog?!? Hi to everyone anyway! I had a KICKA** day at the show today, sold TONS of stuff (can you say 'what shall I sell tomorrow, there's not much left!' LOL!). I had one lady buy 4 rings, two pendants and a pair of high end earrings from me. WOWZA!! What an uplifting experience after the last crapola show I had!!!

More info on Monday when I have time to yak your ears off! I'm going to hit the torch to make some beads to sell tomorrow! (Didn't have any out today, but sold so much stuff, need to have something on the table - bwaahaahaa!!!) Have a fabuloso day everyone!!

tamjai
08-08-2004, 01:34 AM
OMG i almost want to cry - that is so sweet!!
tam

MadameKali
08-08-2004, 05:05 AM
AWWWWWWW @ the doe!!!!!

Well, my pics aren't NEARLY as cute.. but.. I went kinda crazy.. and.. cut off all my hair. Here are the crappy webcam pics of my new look.

LLane
08-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Shirley....... Aaaaawwwwwwwwww!!!!! Very cute... love the dog too! Have a new respect for that breed!

Barrie...... I have a new phrase .... I know it isn't exactly what you meant.... but I think I will start using "KICKA" I had a kicka time, that outfit is kicka etc!!! And congrats on your "kicka" day!!! :clap: Woooohooooo!!! :evil:

Suzie..... I think you have a lovely face so your hair is secondary..... I like it short as well as long!!!

Trying to get things straightened up (including myself) before I have to vacate my house for the showings...... Then later back to get busy making jewelry from sets left over from Gathering.

Have a great day all!

Peace,
Lois

McDuck
08-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Shirley, that is so adorable. I hope it isnt one of those fables that goes about and isnt true.

Barrie! :clap: woohoo girl! I hope you sold some of my and melanies things too. :clap: you go sell girl!

Susie, Susie, as Lois said your face is so cute and you are fotrunate to be able to wear long to short hair! I would be a horror is short hair :eek:

Lois, my Mom finally had an offer on her house, funny how brining qualified buyers in helps things out, not to mention changing agents. So how was the garage sale?

As for me, I am spending another fab day out working in the wilds of the back yard. LOL moving flower gardens because the fence is being moved, I only hope my lil flowers survive it all. Then still working the neighbors yard too. We got up this morning and felt like lil old people had invaded our bodies rofl. Beautiful and sunny here inthe chicago area looking for a high of 78!woohoo bring on the heat keep the humidity!

Hello to all who follow here!
huggles,
Mary...errrr...McDuck

Beads-Me!
08-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Hello everyone! Morning Shirley, Barrie, Susie, Lois and Duckie! What a sweet way to wake up - those pictures are adorable.. Congratulations Barrie! What a great feeling! Susie - looking good.... Lois - good luck - I hope you start getting some movement on your house - I can hear the Key's calling you! And Mary - how about coming and doing my yard after your finished with yours???? :evil:

I think we're headed out to the boat today. We ended up being lazy slugs yesterday and stayed home. It was kind of nice just doing pretty much nothing for a change!

Have a good one no matter what you do!!

GardensOnGlass
08-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Good morning everyone.

Shirley, cute pictures & isn't it amazing the compassion animals feel? In the wee hours of the morning TJ died we had to make the decision whether to continue treatment or stop. We had decided to stop as a 1% chance of survival with surgery wasn't something we wanted to put TJ or ourselves through. We left the hospital for the first time without leaving a family member with him, he was gone. We came home to tell our 2 middle kids (the youngest was at a friend's). When we got home they were laying on the couches in the living room with a dog on top of each of them. Rowan, our 15 mo old black lab /golden retriever mix who's as hyper as all get out, was calmly laying on Caiti, nuzzling her ear. The dogs knew something wasn't quite right & were trying to comfort the kids. Seamus, TJ's dog, was curled in a ball on Matt's stomach. It's amazing what they sense.

Barrie, congrats to you, but your work is stunning so I'm not surprised you sold it all!

Suzie, the cut is cute. Is your hair naturally wavy or do you perm it? My girls have incredibly wavy hair underneath the top layer, which they've yanked on with a brush since they were little. My MIL has wavy hair. The girls hated it when they were younger, now they wish the top layer was wavy too!

Lois, hopefully you'll get an offer today! Yardsale, YUCK, I'm going to have a dumpster delivered. Not organized enough to keep thinking about a yardsale.

Nancy, happy sails! Be careful though, a friend's husband was knocked from their sailboat on Friday. The boom (is that the word I want?) hit him & knocked him in the water. He was alone on a day sail. Thankfully, he was wearing a life jacket & was tethered to the boat. He was unconscious for a few minutes apparently & was in the water for about half an hour. He couldn't pull himself into the boat. He was rescued & taken to the hospital & treated for a mild bout of hypothermia.

Mary, it's yard work for us today, too. Tons of weeds. I HATE weeding. Gabi also has soccer try-outs for a Premier team that plays indoor soccer through the winter & their season is in the spring. Positive thoughts sent her way are appreciated, LOL! She wants to make the team. It's a beautiful fall morning here. I thankful for no humidity, but it was in the 40's last night. We haven't really had summer here & now we're moving into fall. Mother Nature plays mean jokes!

Good day to all who follow. Also, I know some of you post in Glass Art as well so you'll know this, but for others who may not have seen, Toozygoot's (Pat) mom died the other day. Pat's a terrific woman & I know she's become fond of this forum as well. There is a thread (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207781&page=1&pp=15) , if you'd like to post a thought or two for her. Personally, knowing folks were thinking of us when TJ died has really helped.

beclectic
08-08-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm off again to Michael's to look for the right size green enameled copper wire. I'm going to the other Michael's that is a little further away. The one I usually go to hasn't restocked the wire in over a month. I am really unhappy about that. You think they would restock on the stuff they sell out of. Obviously it is popular and they could sell more. The way stores are run now a'days is always amazing to me. You'd think they would be happy they were selling out and needed more. I had a Kroger's (grocery store) quit carrying a type of soap we alway buy because it sold too fast. Go figure. I guess they want to make people buy the other stuff they don't want.

Anyway Mark has been sleeping in my room where my jewelry makeing worktable is and he is on night shift so I can't get in a make jewelry most of the time. I like him being here but I want access to my stuff. What a rotten dilema.

I don't want to be a wet blanket about the dog and the fawn but if the fawn learns to trust dogs it won't last long as a freed deer and the same goes for trusting humans too. When I lived in the country the wild dogs took down deer all the time and a deer had to be wary of everything to survive. I used to work with Wild Animal Rescue in California and the first thing they taught us was to have as little contact with the animals as possible so as to preserve their natural wariness of other species. We even had to keep them in an area away from the living area of the family.

Susie, I like the short look on you and I agree with Mary, you look good in whatever length hair you wear.

Gotta go before Michaels closes. Have a fun and productive day.

MadameKali
08-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Awwww, you guys are soooo sweet! (major blush) My roommate is still deciding if he likes it. Nobody else has seen it in person yet.. lol

And my hair is not only naturally wavy, it's naturally really really curly. It does spirals if I let it go! Right now and in those pics, it has mass amounts of spiky hair stuff in it. :D

Barrie
08-09-2004, 01:51 AM
First off, big hug to you ToozyPat. Remember we're here if you need us.

Well, I'm done!! Craft show is over, I have next to nothing left!! Whew!!! Well, I still have a few pieces left, but you get my meaning! Mary, remember that HONKIN' huge ring with your big bead?? Sold it!! :p :clap: :clap: :clap: (now I get to pester you for a matching piece or two to make her a necklace to go with it! LOL!) Melanie, the round grey moonface sold - the woman was torn between that and the big pearl and oval moon face, but decided on practical - go figure! LOL! But (get this LOL) I have three different orders for face stuff, and a couple of customers that want first dibs on new stuff I make! You'll be hearing from me this week for an order, that's for sure! Let's see, I sold that larimar piece I showed you guys the other day - a lady from England bought it as a souvenir of her trip to Canada. The lady from yesterday who bought so much from me, came back today and bought another ring and a pendant. I made a pink tourmaline and drusy sticks & stones ring the other day, and a lady that I've known for years bought it - the funny part is, she's been a silversmith longer than I have, and she just couldn't live without the ring! LOL! Whew!! I tell ya, guys, I could go on for hours! I had so much fun!!! I'm as red as a lobster, way too much sunshine for this hermit! LOL! I'm absolutely beat, and ready to hit the rack!! You guys have a great evening, I'll be back tomorrow - got tons of postings to go through!!!

McDuck
08-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Barrie- I am soooooo glad you have litle inventory left to bring home! :clap: CONGRATS :clap: It sound like you had an awsome time! When is your next show??? :confused:
-Mary