PDA

View Full Version : OMG I won an award!!!

impetuous
10-12-2001, 05:12 AM
Arrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo thrilled!!! (not to mention gobsmackingly surprised)

Just got back from the opening night of the South Waikato Artsfest Art Exhibition.
...and I won an award:D:D:D The "Local Award"

I cant believe it...

have to go to bed now and see if it's still true when I wake up!

:D:D:D

Rod
10-12-2001, 05:27 AM
Congratulations Impetuous :)
<BR>
Rod.

wendee
10-12-2001, 06:10 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: WAY TO GOOOO KIDDO :clap: :clap: :clap:

NorahT
10-12-2001, 07:25 AM
Congratulations - I am very pleased for you :) :) :)

MissMouse
10-12-2001, 09:04 AM
yipeeeeee great going - can we see the pic you won the award with - what medium ?
noisey little mouse arn't I............

ol' Rickdude
10-12-2001, 09:39 AM
Yeah, Impetuous!!!

Always GRAND to see someone get their PROPS!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rick

animal
10-12-2001, 11:09 AM
Way To Go!! Congratulations!:clap: :clap:

Leaflin
10-12-2001, 02:19 PM
!!!WAY TO GO!!!
:D CONGRATULATIONS :D

billyg
10-12-2001, 03:41 PM
Pommie Immigrants (sp) rule the world OK.
Well done and congrats.
Photos please.
Billyg:clap: :clap:

impetuous
10-12-2001, 05:01 PM
I'm awake ...and it's still true ...still smiling:D!!!

Thank you sooooo much everyone for your kind words.
It's funny, but as soon as I got home last night I wanted to log on and tell you all about it, even before ringing my Mum!

Still can't believe it... has to be a fluke or something.
he he he he (silent chuckles of delight!) how can such a little thing make someone so happy:)
Does this mean that I'm like... like... an artist now!!! :D:D:D

Anyways, here is a photo of the framed piece (it's about 95cmx750cm framed) it's a bit skew wiff and makes the features look a bit odd, I took my camera last night to get a better pic, but there was a no cameras allowed policy.
It's mixed media, Acrylic, Soft Pastel and India Ink.

This should be a link last months Mixed Media project (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_progress2.php?username=impetuous&proj_id=85) where I posted some progress pics of it. Don't normally do such detailed progress pics, but this was a real experiment for me.
lol, this is such a fluke!

Zoo
10-12-2001, 05:11 PM
Hearty Congrats Impetuous!!!! Always feels good to bring something back :D Beautiful work and well deserving....
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

~smile~
Zoo

baquitania
10-12-2001, 05:14 PM
Impetuous:

Wow, your method pics were great, the charcoal is my favorite, it's amazing... Would never have thought to do ink washes with acrylics, I have to try that, thanks for the link... and you deserve everybit of that award, enjoy it as much as possible... infact i am enjoying it for you right now...:D

Christie
10-12-2001, 06:51 PM
Congratulations! You were a real artist before, but the "outside world" is just starting to acknowledge it!

arlene
10-12-2001, 07:36 PM
What Christie said...I can see why the picture won an award...Congrats!!!

TeAnne
10-12-2001, 07:40 PM
Ohhhhhhh Wonderful news Imp. Congratulations :D :cat: :clap:

tzia
10-12-2001, 11:03 PM
Congratulations! And I absolutely love your progression. Wish more artists would put this kind of thing together so that I could communicate more lucidly on what's involved in creating art!

Regarding your question whether the award makes you an artist, something you and everyone here need to take to heart:

Being an artist is what you are. You are an artist because you create art. That's what an artist is, a being that creates art.

Being an artist is what you are.

Not what anyone else sez you iz or iz not.

One of my clients had work rejected from inclusion in a local exhibit. It wasn't that the work wasn't any good. What happened was: up until the very last day for entries, it looked as though every artist who had entered might be included, then the postman arrived, then the Fedex guy arrived ... and suddenly the space that was available for the exhibition became a major problem. There being no way to fund a larger space, something had to go -- and what went was painful to reject, my client's entry among those rejected.

Tzia

Lulu
10-13-2001, 07:26 PM
Bec, I've just got home and had to come read what's been happening in my absence!:D:D
Wow! I am just so THRILLED for you! Congratulations!
How about you come and visit soon so I can kneel at your feet:D
I loved this one when you first posted it - not surprised it won an award. You done well girl!:clap: :clap: