PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help for SS findings

AutumnH
08-06-2004, 09:07 PM
I just received some special requests for some pieces, and I don't have what I need. Not surprising, I just got started a week ago selling things!

I've got a trip to a wholesale show the first week in Sept, but I need a few things now.

I'm looking specifically for sterling silver earwires, toggles, and 4mm flower spacers.

Cheap (pricewise) and low minimum order are important.

Can anyone toss out some suggestions? If I do any more random surfing my eyes are gonna fall out. And then how will I finish the order? :rolleyes:

beclectic
08-06-2004, 09:47 PM
There are some good suppliers listed in the Jewelry Links stickied at the top of the WA forum.

I buy from Fire Mountain but their prices aren't the cheapest although the prices are OK if you buy a larger quanity. Their approx. $6.00 minimum shipping charge is what makes their items more expensive.

LazyEights
08-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Try:
http://www.riogrande.com
and
http://www.firemountaingems.com
in that order.

Good luck,
Lazy

LLane
08-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Rona..... I say definately start with Rio Grande!!! You will have to pay for their catalog..... but you will use it and it will be worth each penny!!! (lots of good info on how to do things in there!) You can order 1 or 1000.... price goes down accordingly. They are very competitive at the 2nd or 3rd discount level (according to quantity) and I have found their quality to be the best..... I judge others by theirs!!

Good luck..... if you need help before you get the catalog..... pm me and maybe we can hook up and I can help you.

Peace,
Lois

AutumnH
08-06-2004, 10:58 PM
I have the Fire Mountain catalog, and I've just ordered the Rio Grande catalog. Thanks everyone!

So far the Bead Peddlar seems to have the best prices for the flower spacers, based on what I can check online.

Lois, I'll let you know if I get in a bind. It looks like the RG catalog arrives pretty quickly. The challenge will be not stopping to drool on every page!

Glitzy Glass
08-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Another great place that is really quick and has fantastic stuff at great prices is www.bluemud.com.

beadyeyedgirls
08-07-2004, 12:08 AM
2 more possibilities:

monsterslayer.com has good quality & ships quickly, as does halstead. halstead has a minimum, tho, of $100. i think they're halsteadbead.com. happy shopping!

newyorkglitter
08-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Another great place that is really quick and has fantastic stuff at great prices is www.bluemud.com.

Hi, I have bought from Bluemud too, but have noticed that they have been out of alot of their stuff ( of course what I want lol... ) for like 2 or more months. Have you come into that problem with them? I usally go to their site everyday just to see but, it is getting to be more of a pain then it is worth. I wish they would get their stuff in. When I bought from them I was very pleased but just can't get past the first order.

Allison

New York Glitter Designs

Glitzy Glass
08-16-2004, 07:42 PM
So true Allison - they have great stuff - but always out to stock!! I check alot too - actually I was checking everyday - but got tired of not seeing what I needed in stock!

newyorkglitter
08-16-2004, 11:05 PM
So true Allison - they have great stuff - but always out to stock!! I check alot too - actually I was checking everyday - but got tired of not seeing what I needed in stock!

Ya, I think that I will probably just end up going either with like halstead or zeelver and pay the $100 and get a good bunch of stuff. I hate to have to wait and put off making stuff. So I think that will be the way to go. They will probably get their stuff in as soon as I put my order in! lol...there are actually alot of people with good deals if you really look.

Allison