PDA

View Full Version : S&T Saturday, 7.8.04

Andee
08-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Hiya, it IS Saturday already, tho only just!

Here's a bracelet with matching earrings - lampwork, freshwater pearls, smoky quartz, ss.

Have a great weekend everybody, and good luck for your show, Barrie! :)

Jacinthe
08-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Gorgeous Andee!

I thought I was the only silly one on this side of the ocean still up! ;)

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Andee
08-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks, Sarah! Nah, it'll be a while 'til I get to sleep... :) Soz btw, I forgot to comment on your finished pieces from earlier this week - great work, I especially liked the b/w commissioned necklace and the colourful-one, that puts you in a good mood just by looking at it!

BBsBaubles
08-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Andee, I LOVE all the work that you post here and today's S&T is no exception! Thanks for sharing your creativity (I only wish I could read your website)! ;)

wccecilia
08-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Oooh, pretty! I like it!

fringe4u
08-07-2004, 08:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Beautiful bracelet Andee, I love the beads!
Lois-I have my "four eyes" ready to go and purchased Beadalon yesterday!
Shirley-thanks for the photo, it really helped
Lynne-the bulldog clip is realy to go...
Barbara-thanks for all your information
Before beading today, my husband's garden cabbage is ready so I am making holupki (stuffed cabbage) all morning. I also make them vegeterian using only buckwheat.
Tomorrow we are off to see Huey Lewis in concert in Pittsburgh. The weekends always turn out to be so busy! I can't wait until Wed. my friend Donna (an elementary art teacher) and I are going to the bead store on the south side of Pittsburgh. I always look forward to the trip, buying supplies and lunch out!
I hope all of you have a glorious weekend and again thanks for coming to my rescue...Debbie

McDuck
08-07-2004, 08:44 AM
Andee the earrings and bracelet are very pretty. I like how subdued the colors are. Great job!
Mary

tamjai
08-07-2004, 09:14 AM
Here is a new necklace - amazonite and new jade with a porcelain pendant - There are two views because I have a question for those of you who sell from websites - is the angled photo a no no? or can that be used as a thumbnail and then the flat no-nonsense photo be the larger image - or should i stick to the basic format.....love your opinions, with thanks
tam

McDuck
08-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Tam- The necklace is beautiful. The colors are soothing and inviting. As for the pics, the second angular photo is very well done in my humble opinion. I htink it would be great for a website. Pics do not have to be straight on if they represent the work well. Good job! :clap:

-Mary

somk
08-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Andee> Gorgeous ! :clap:

Tamjai > *THUD* ! I LOVE when a necklace seems just "natural" you know ? This thing could just have been harvested on a sea shore.. and Mother Nature did the best she could.. I LOVE it !! :D
And I dig the angle picture a lot as well...

beclectic
08-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Andee - lovely soft brown beads with perfect scrolls. Very pretty and elegant, I can see it with a suit going to work.

Tamjai - The angled picture really caught my attention. The colors and design are inviting. I agree with somk it looks very natural. Made me think of the shallows of the Gulf in Florida with the white sand on the bottom. The water is just that color.

Flame Of Mind
08-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Morning everyone!

Andee- That is a stunning set!
Tam- I really love the colors you put together! I like the pictures on the angle. I think it give it a bit more interest.

This past week my kids went back to school! Two of them for the first time so this was the first week I haven't had them home! Now that I am over my seperation anxiety (they didn't have any) I hope to become more productive all day!

Here is a bracelet that I made with Mary's beautiful ceramic and copper beads! They are great to work with!

McDuck
08-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Amanda, you are just so cute! Dont you hate it when the kids dont miss us too! LOL I still love that bracelet! and do you mind if I place it on my site in my customer gallery. Well it isnt there yet, webmistress has been too busy to update for me some more :(

Keep up the good work everyone!
Mary

Flame Of Mind
08-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Mary,

I would be honored! :clap:
You made my day!

tamjai
08-07-2004, 10:57 AM
thanks everyone for the feedback! mary your site is so proffesional - i really value your comments! this photography thing is still a hurdle!

andee i love your colours so sophisticated,amanda yours is very earthy, i like the contrast of the smooth tab beads and the chips - it gives me some ideas for a big hollow focal i splurged on yesterday! :evil:
it's only lunchtime..more!
also - somk, barrie had a beautiful stone that she said was from you what is it - i hadn't heard of it before??
tam

McDuck
08-07-2004, 11:00 AM
You are more than welcome Amanda,. you did a wonderful job displaying my beads so elegantly!

The stone Barrie had is called Larimar. it is only mind in the domican republic. Very beautiful stone too! I am sure somk can add more!

-Mary

sassybird
08-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Andee, this reminds me of caramel and cream:D A very pretty set.

Amanda, a yummy mix of color. I like the multi-strand look.

Andee
08-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanks everybody for your nice words! :)

Beth - you don't need to know German, just look at the pics! ;) (And maybe this'll help: glasperlen = lampwork; modeschmuck = jewelry; mehr... = more; zurück... = back) :)

Tam - gorgeous necklace! I just love those colours! I dunno about selling via a website, but I love the 2nd pic, it looks very interesting! If possible you should use them both!

Amanda - that necklace looks a treat, very nibbable (is that even a word?)!

tamjai
08-07-2004, 08:11 PM
i made a lot of jewellery today as i'm supposed to have my leg elevated (infected cat bite) i'm not supposed to be sitting at the computer but, i'm bored out of my mind!
heres what i got done this aft
porcelain pendant with smokey topaz and seed beads and a spiral stitch bracelet inspired by marys purple bracelet from a few days ago - now i have to figure out how and with what to accent it!
hope everyone is having a more eventful saturday night than i am!!! :D
tam

somk
08-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Tam> Your necklace with the ceramic green plaque is wonderful ! I don't know why, it brings me visions of old vines at the end of winter.. you know with all the brownish twigs and just the first leaf poping out ! *ok, short version, I love it :p*

And Mary said it all :) I can only add that the stone has a volcanic origin hence great variability exists in its composition..(hardness varies from 5 to 7 !) Nonetheless, larimar is usually described as being pectolite. You can sometimes see a few cooper speckles here and there.
Ah, and why Larimar ? Because a Dominican, Miguel Méndez, combined his daughter's name LARIssa, with MAR, the Spanish word for sea. The stone is also called the Atlantis Stone, since a wise prophet once claimed that the Dominican Republic was part of the lost continent of Atlantis...

Long story short, it's a beautiful stone that looks like caribbean foaming sea.. *sigh*

~So *off soapbox*

wccecilia
08-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Tamjai, I like the angled photo on your amazonite/new jade/ceramic necklace, but I can't say I have much experience on selling on the net... I think I'll start my own thread on that though! The colors are great, very soothing.

Amanda, I like the different textures/shapes in the bracelet.

McDuck
08-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Tam, they are very pretty! I really like that porcelain pendant necklace, well I also like the bracelet.
-Mary

Viscioussl
08-12-2004, 10:32 AM
That is a WONDERFUL piece! I love it! I like the angled piece much more than the flat one - it gives the piece more ooomph!

Here is a new necklace - amazonite and new jade with a porcelain pendant - There are two views because I have a question for those of you who sell from websites - is the angled photo a no no? or can that be used as a thumbnail and then the flat no-nonsense photo be the larger image - or should i stick to the basic format.....love your opinions, with thanks
tam