PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At Friday Aug. 6, 2004

McDuck
08-06-2004, 09:01 AM
Morning, Afternoon and Evening to everyone out there! It is FRIDAY :clap: :music: :D *doing the happy dance* I am going to peek in mykiln as it should be nice and cool by now, shower and start my day. I have an order that was supposed to go out today, but I couldnt find the color of green I needed, so I used a similar color, well last night after the kiln was started what do I find? the bottle I needed! oh ACK! :eek: :mad: So I have to make new pendants, fire them and glaze and fire again to send out monday. LOL sometimes those lil gremlins just love to play with me. Maybe later I can also work on more jewlery. have a wonderful weekend everyone!

-Mary

earthenwood
08-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Hello Everyone!

Today I am avoiding glazing tile, which I did all day yesterday as well, but I have a show on Sunday so I really need to get that kiln loaded now! I am also stringing jewelry again, which I have been wanting to do for a while, but had no time or beads. My bead show next weekend was cancelled, so now I can use the beads to make jewelry!

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is one spot that hs opened in the Ladybug exchange. The finished date is the end of the month, so if you are interested in it, go to that thread here in Wearables.

Have a great day all!

MadameKali
08-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Surprise... I actually slept through the night and woke up in the morning!

I haven't made any jewelry in a few days, I have been spending my "off" time writing, instead. Maybe today, I have the day off! Today has been productive, despite the lack of jewelry; I got up around 6.30 EST (that's AM for once!) and ... gasp... cleaned my room! It's not spotless yet, but it's way better than it was. My mom and I were reminiscing yesterday about how you could never see the floor in my room when I was a kid. I said, Yep... well, it's still about the same.

(I even vacuumed!)

Off to the Post Office, to pick up my paycheck.. maybe a side trip to the bead store :evil:

Everybody have a great day!!!

Barrie
08-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Hi everyone!! Well, I guess I'm ready for my show - blech!! It's horrible outside today!! The sky is black, and they predict rain all day. Seems kind of pointless to travel for almost two hours to sit in the rain and not sell anythign! LOL! Got my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be sunny though! I finished all that I could, and I guess I have enough stuff. There's a pair of earrings and three rings sitting in the tumbler now that I will set before I go. <sigh> Never ends! ROFL! I have to go take some pictures (yup, I'll post them), then pack my bags, just in case it clears up! (Why am I sitting here praying for rain?! LOL!)

Mary & Melanie, have fun with your glazing! I love all the goodies you come up with! Melanie, check out today's show & tell later, I've got a few treasures I made with your gorgeous cabs!! Everyone have a wonderful creative day, I'm off and running!!!

LLane
08-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Hi all!!!
Taking a break from garage sale pricing stuff to see how you all are doing???!! (.... any excuse to get out of that job!) But this should be cool... someone else is looking at the house today...... at 1..... and the garage is up to it's rafters in junk!!! eeeerrrr..... good stuff! :D :rolleyes: Oh well...... I'm sure they will understand...... and if they don't........never mind!

I would love to do the ladybug thing..... but I'm always too chicken that something will come up and I won't be able to play by the rules!!! I leave for Key West next week and my orders are already getting a bit behind..... not to mention the chaos if we get an accepted offer on the house..... well..... ok.... I'll admit..... this seems like child's play to those of you like Mary..... but my life goes along in quiet little ways..... then BAM all at once I have a year's worth of stuff to do in 2 months! Ok.... done with that :D

Here's to a good night's sleep and finding the right glazes.... and a good weekend forecast!!

Peace & pretty stuff!
Lois

Beads-Me!
08-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Hello all! Is anyone else chilly this morning????? Brrrrrr.... I just went up and pulled out wool socks fertheluvofpete! Good luck at your show Barrie - I hope the skies clear for you! Melanie - good luck with your show as well! Waving at Mary and Susie!

I'm headed out to torch as soon as I take a couple of pictures to post here and in Glass Art. Hope you all have a great TGIF!!

Gingerbiscuit
08-06-2004, 11:06 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I hope it's the start of a great weekend for all of us!

TheBlueBetween
08-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Happy Friday everyone (and Saturday for those of you on the other side of the world, don't want to leave you out!)

Mary, you sound like you are feeling better! Yay :) I'm not yet - it's turning into a full blown cold now... and I have to go camping this weekend (heading up to mt. rainier tonight) - and it's cold and raining. And I don't have any shorts that fit. And it couldn't be a worse time of the month if you know what I mean... and and and... I just want to stay home and curl up and do NOTHING. I hope I feel better when we get there - we got a campsite right next to this beautiful glacial river that runs emerald green and gold - it's so lovely. And the wildflowers should be in bloom up at Paradise... and and (I'm still trying to talk myself into it, can you tell?) I'm bringing my new lariat to work on at least - I can send everyone else out hiking and just stay in my tent and bead if I have to. Or I can check myself into Paradise Lodge maybe and get a nice hot shower. Hmn... wonder if they have a spa... now that would get me motivated....

Ah well, I'll try to bring back some nice photos. Hope everyone has a great weekend :) Lois, one thing at a time girlfriend - it all gets done in the end...

Hugs,
Pam

beclectic
08-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Pam, hope you feel better soon. At least you will have beautiful scenery to suffer in. :)

It is already the 7th here on WC and I'm just posting in the Friday Wear Its At thread. Better late than never I guess.

I have been so busy at work I'm lucky to get to even read WC once in a while. I have two time consuming projects starting as soon as I finish all the Windows and Office updates which will be next week. There are several Internet Explorer bars that are subject to malware corruption and these are going to have to be removed from everyone's computers because most people at my company have downloaded the stupid things. One is MyWebSearch and the other is MySearch. The malware that attaches to these causes pop-ups that appear to be on sites you are looking at but the site has nothing to do with it it is the malware that has attached itself to the bar. The malware also downloads a lot of silly resource consuming little programs like 'Precision Time', 'Date Manager' and 'Weather Bug' so those have to go too. Every little program like that eats bandwidth and slows down the compter.

OK, enough about that, I'm off my soapbox.

I haven't had time to really get any jewelry made but I've been thinking about it and designing it in my head.

Everyone's posts of their work is helping me from feeling jewelry deprived.

TTFN,