PDA

View Full Version : Show & Tell Aug 6, 2004 FRIDAY!!!

McDuck
08-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Okay for all you folk out there who are already into tomorrow, this is for you!

the bangle uses my handmade ceramic beads in a hot firey red, accented with copper beads, red copper wire, copper wire and red coral! The little red coral balls move so they are kinda helter-skelter on it right now. I was going to enter it into the connie fox bangle contest, but it wasnt LARGE enough I think teehee. Anyway I wasnt finished with the clasp prior to leaving for the bead show last week and didnt have time to photo it. Then I had to pry it off of Lona's arm as she took a liking to it! It is so light, you dont really notice you are wearing it at all.

next, My handmade ceramic flower accented with bali and hand made ceramic beads all on ribbon with SS findings. THe earrings are also Bali and SS and my beadies. I am not quite finished with the flower, it has a hole in the center and I am making some danlgies to put in it. I might rework the ribbon on the ends in the sterling beads to hold it a little better. I tried it on and didnt like how the extra piece of ribbon laid on my neck with the beads.

That's all from me. i know dont you all faint dead away as I posted two days in a row with real jewelry! :eek:

huggles,
Mary...errrr...McDuck

fringe4u
08-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Hey Mary, Your pieces are beautiful, you know I love your copper! Can you take a look at my post and give me some help? I want that bracelet...It is wonderful... :clap:

McDuck
08-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Well thank you Debbie and I just gave you some advice. let me know if you ever wanna exchange bracelets! i just love your work!

-Mary

TorchGlass
08-06-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm a newbie posting here after reading in the glass forum that you like to see wearable glass work. These are a couple of bracelets I worked up from my lampworking.

Juls
08-06-2004, 02:29 AM
Mary,

That bracelet is soooooo yummy!! Can I have it? (LOL...hey, it never hurts to ask!) :p

Kristine, your lampwork bracelets are gorgeous!!

oops. edited to add mine for today. (being on opposite time zones with the hublet makes one weary with crazy sleep patterns! :rolleyes: )

here's a bracelet from me. :)

"Ranee"

Oskadis
08-06-2004, 05:12 AM
Mary, I love those pieces! The bracelet is so rich in color ... just my thing. But the necklace ... it has an ethereal quality that makes me go all dreamy and think of fairies and elves ;) I would wear that one anytime.

I have some piccies around I want to post but that will be later today (too hot here and me too dizzy).

shopmama
08-06-2004, 07:50 AM
I've got to get over here more often, you guys do some beautiful work! Great inspiration everyone!

Prudence
08-06-2004, 08:11 AM
Mary, I'm a sucker for red and copper. I love that bangle. Prudence

McDuck
08-06-2004, 08:50 AM
Kristine your lampwork is beautiful! I especially like the puple/blue set. I like th wire work, do you do it yourself?

Ranee I love your seed bead work! The bracelet is very pretty!

Thank you Andee, Robin and Billie! too!

you are guys are great!

-Mary

Bazile
08-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Hi, Posted My bugs a couple of weeks ago and went MIA. Sorry. These are older, I gave my whole inventory to My mum when she was here to take home with her to England to hand out to my sisters and in laws etc. to make up for birthdays missed over the years. I am slowly building back up again.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2004/33717-MVC-004F.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2004/33717-MVC-002F_copy.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2004/33717-MVC-005S.JPG

Retta Gates
08-06-2004, 09:36 AM
Mary,

That bracelet is soooooo yummy!! Can I have it? (LOL...hey, it never hurts to ask!) :p

Kristine, your lampwork bracelets are gorgeous!!

oops. edited to add mine for today. (being on opposite time zones with the hublet makes one weary with crazy sleep patterns! :rolleyes: )

here's a bracelet from me. :)

"Ranee"

Hey if you get that bracelet can I have yours? :D I just love it! and having done seedbead weaving myself I know what went into it! Fabulous

MadameKali
08-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Mary, I LOVE that red bangle!! I'm almost afraid to make mine now, it won't be nearly as pretty :D . It has a very Arabian feel to it.

TheBlueBetween
08-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Mary that bangle is AWESOME!!!!! Love!!! I've been meaning to get some of your copper for awhile now - now I have to get on it!

And I am SO HAPPY to see all the seed bead work today! I love it all :)

I'm working on another lariat - it's going to be awhile.... and Mary I am still working in my head what to do with your flower - I like what you've done with the ribbon but I'm thinking mine needs lots of seed beads and vines and leaves around it ;)

Barrie
08-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Gorgeous stuff you guys!!! This is a quick fly by for me, I'm running behind, but have to show you these new ones - maybe they'll sell today, who knows! LOL! Melanie, I hope I've done these justice!

First is a pendant I made with a beautiful piece of larimar I got from somk. I put it with london blue topaz.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2004/10732-Larimar_Pendant.jpg

Secondly, here's a pendant made with one of Melanie's (Earthenwood) moon faces

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2004/10732-Moon_Pendant.jpg

Another moon face pendant

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2004/10732-Moon_Pendant_2.jpg

And the piece de resistance (my french sucks, but add an accent to that and it sounds fabulous! :) )

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2004/10732-Lunar_Goddess_Necklace.jpg

And a close up of the focal part

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2004/10732-Lunar_Goddess_Necklace_close.jpg

I strung some soft grey pearls with some transparent grey lampwork spacers, and some Swarovski cubes. Oh, and a bit of Bali. The cool thing with this necklace is that you can detach the focal and wear it on a chain, or you can wear just the pearls alone. Gotta love multi-functional!!

McDuck
08-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Thank you all again, you really know how to make a girl feel good. :D

Pam- you get to feeling better now. My sinus blew away thank good ness wiht the cooler weather, although this morning it was frigid!

Barrie, I love the larimar pendant, just send it my way! :evil: and everything you did with melanies faces!! beautiful!! show us more.

-Mary

Andee
08-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Great work everybody!

Barry - wow, wow, wow and wow! STUNNING work!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nothing from me today - maybe a bracelet later!

TorchGlass
08-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Mary, thank you for your kind compliments (and everyone else's also!) Its a new feeling to put your stuff out there in a public forum for the first time!
No, I don't do any real wire work. I've tried, but don't have the knack for it. A friend of mine does incredible work, but the metal in these bracelets are just pieces I bought at either Tucson or here in Scottsdale. Thanks for asking!
The flower petal/floral feel is what I'm trying to get across in some bead photos. Not sure I've accomplished that yet or not...

earthenwood
08-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone! Great work all! Mary I really like the flowery piece a lot! very soft and pastelly!

Barrie, I just have to say that those are beautiful! I am so proud for my beads to have been the inspiration for those. I hope you sell them at your show!

I really like the round one. The texture and shine of the silver look great next to the grey glaze of the porcelain. The bottom photo is my favorite, though, with the detachable pearls. I like your choice of pearl color and smoky quartz like beads to match. The different surfaces in that piece are great together...shiny metal, luminescent pearls and porcelain, transpparent glass...very nice!

When you get a chance, can you let me know how it was to set the porcelain? Was it too soft/did you fear it would break or chip/any problems with it? Just curious as I have not used metalsmithing techniques with my porelain.

Thanks for sharing!

!Karen
08-06-2004, 07:57 PM
Oh my goodness, everyone, just beautiful work today!! It was a special treat to look through the S&T - truly inspiring!!

:)Karen

AutumnH
08-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Gorgeous stuff everyone.

Barrie, you always knock my socks off!

The seedbead bracelet it great!

Mary, love your stuff!

beclectic
08-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Mary - that copper and red bangle is to die for. I want it just like everyone else here does. The pick necklace with the flower is so delicate I think some danglies from the center will be just right, maybe even a small fairy charm.

LavenderFields - Very nice lampwork, well displayed. Are those blue dichoric beads? Did you make them? They are very, very snazzy.

Juls - your bead weave bracelet is very original and the colors really pop with those bicone beads. I like the toggle to, the way it is part of the design. I'd like to see this bracelet on. I'm having trouble picturing exactly how it would look when worn.

Bazile - what a treasure trove. Lucky relatives.

Barrie - you have absolutely outdone yourself. As I looked down the screen at one beautiful piece after another I didn't think they could keep getting better and better. Then I came to that last piece, the oval gray wash face, the grey pearls the neat way the pendant is attached and the baroque or blister pearl dangle. This looks like something you would see in B&B. Someone should do an article on your work.

What a joy this show and tell has been.

Juls
08-06-2004, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=beclectic]
Juls - your bead weave bracelet is very original and the colors really pop with those bicone beads. I like the toggle to, the way it is part of the design. I'd like to see this bracelet on. I'm having trouble picturing exactly how it would look when worn.

[QUOTE]

Please excuse the ghost white skin in the middle of summer. My torch doesn't tan me like the sun would. :D

here's an awkwardly attempted photo of Ranee on my wrist...the tri point hangs down on the hand a bit. (I love danglage!)

beadyeyedgirls
08-07-2004, 12:15 AM
beautiful work, everyone! juls, that bracelet kicks---very nice design!!!

BBsBaubles
08-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Great work today everyone!

Barrie, what you've done with the moon faces are fabulous! :clap: :clap: :clap:

beclectic
08-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Please excuse the ghost white skin in the middle of summer. My torch doesn't tan me like the sun would. :D

here's an awkwardly attempted photo of Ranee on my wrist...the tri point hangs down on the hand a bit. (I love danglage!)

Wow, that is even better on. Great job, I love how it lays. Thanks for the picture.

Juls
08-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Thanks Jessica! That is one gorgeous group in your photo!!

Thanks Barabara. I like the design enough that I'll have to make a few more in that style. :p

Bazille, your bracelets are lovely!

Retta, Now that would only seem fair, huh? LOL. Thanks...dontcha just love seed beads???

Pam, Looking forward to seeing your new lariat!!

Barrie, YUM YUM! I love how you frame those faces...gorgeous work indeed!

hugs~