PDA

View Full Version : My beads from Sharon Peters class!

jamilyn
08-06-2004, 12:33 AM
I just had to share my good beads from this fun class :)

RobynT
08-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Love the beads..and LOVE Sharon Peters!!! She is such a joy to take a class from! I learned so much from her...

thanks for sharing

Beads-Me!
08-06-2004, 12:53 AM
Looks like you had a good class! Thanks for sharing the goods Jamilyn!!

nicker
08-06-2004, 01:01 AM
Jamilyn I was dying to see what you made. Great beads I bet it was a blast!

Lori Peterson
08-06-2004, 01:06 AM
BRILLIANT!!!! I love them! I misssssssss youuuuuuuuuu Jamilynnnnnnnnn!
Your beadies are fabulous!!!!

UMTerps
08-06-2004, 01:38 AM
How fun!!!! Nice beads, Jamilyn! Did you have a good time in class????

isle-of-cats
08-06-2004, 03:13 AM
Jamilyn, those are sooooo adorable!!!

Did Sharon tell any good dirty jokes????? :D :evil:

Miss you lots!

saucy
08-06-2004, 04:51 AM
Very nice. Did you have a blast? I've heard she is a hoot.

fikefire
08-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Greats beads Jamilyn! Was it so much fun???
I miiiiiisssssss you!

dogsrlove
08-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Very nice. Did you have a blast? I've heard she is a hoot.
Ditto here, anybody who refers to doggy fecal matter (Kervin book) as "butt bombs" is okay in my book.

Someday I can take a class,
Vanessa

encantado
08-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Those fish are adorable! Thanks for sharing-you done good girl!

CosmicGW
08-06-2004, 11:27 AM
I really like the catfish - I would LOVE to take a class from her!

GinnyHampton
08-06-2004, 11:31 AM
AWESOME!!!! I took her class a couple of years ago and I just loved it, she's a great teacher.

lepoppet
08-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Great Beads!
I'm going to take her class at Arrow Springs in Sept! Can't wait!

Maria

beadreamer
08-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Great Beads!
I'm going to take her class at Arrow Springs in Sept! Can't wait!

Maria

I'm taking her class too!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there are enough students...I'd be very dissapointed if they cancel it.

Mary

jamilyn
08-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Nancy, Linda, Sarah, Lori, Nicole, and Nicole - I MISS YOU TOO!!!! {{{{HUGS}}}

Yes she was a great teacher - very encouraging (at least to me, lol) and told a couple dirty but not too dirty jokes. I learned the basics - much more that I don't know but can figure out now that I have some general idea. I love my cat - I want to make more of them :)

Kim Watanabe
08-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Very nice beads Jamilyn. Looks like the class was fun. Would have been more fun with us......

I will get to see Maria and Mary in September :clap:

snootyvixen
08-07-2004, 02:12 AM
I was just about to email you to ask to see the beads, then I found the thread - GREAT JOB!!! I love the catfish best too .....

(and I miss you as well)

Vikki

StefaniBeads
08-07-2004, 03:36 AM
What cute beads! I love them all! Seriously, it looks like this sculptural stuff is your thing, so keep it up! ;)

margaretz
08-07-2004, 03:50 AM
Jamilyn- Fantastic beads! I was wondering *IF* (hahaha) you had fun in the class... but of course you did! Your beads look great! Awesome job!

SharonP
08-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Yep, Jamilyn has *The Knack* and that catfish is really good - just wish I'd gotten to see everybody's final project, but it all came out of the kiln after I'd gone. Will you post a picture of yours, J? Wanna see!

I'm doing 3 more classes this year, then going on hiatus - too much traveling is making me nuts and the cats & hubby have gone neurotic in my absence. Think I'll be taking at least a year off from teaching, but will still be doing my 5 shows.

Far as I know the 2 classes at Arrow Springs are full, and Rita said the 3day at her studio is filling, so the only way a class will be cancelled is if I'm in the hospital - if that happens, come visit with your torch and propane and we'll use my oxygen! *s*

Melinda Melanson
08-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Yep, Jamilyn has *The Knack* and that catfish is really good - just wish I'd gotten to see everybody's final project, but it all came out of the kiln after I'd gone. Will you post a picture of yours, J? Wanna see!

I'm doing 3 more classes this year, then going on hiatus - too much traveling is making me nuts and the cats & hubby have gone neurotic in my absence. Think I'll be taking at least a year off from teaching, but will still be doing my 5 shows.

Far as I know the 2 classes at Arrow Springs are full, and Rita said the 3day at her studio is filling, so the only way a class will be cancelled is if I'm in the hospital - if that happens, come visit with your torch and propane and we'll use my oxygen! *s*

OH NO!!! :crying: Hiatus??? well I suppose if you HAVE to. Darn, I wish my schedule wasn't so hectic so I could get a class with you. I was absolutely mesmerized when I watched you work at Nor Cal ISGB meeting last year. Hope I catch a class at Arrow Springs when you return to teaching.

Jamilyn, Love the beads!! You go girl! :clap: :clap:

jamilyn
08-08-2004, 02:27 AM

*blush* aw ...

Yes I'll take a photo tomorrow - I think it's pretty fugly but I'm sure you'll like it :) I also did a cool orange and black cat with hopefully glow in the dark eyes so I'll try and post that too!

Barb and Shermo - c'mon show your beads too! (they made great ones!)

jamilyn
08-08-2004, 12:39 PM
OK - I'm embarassed but here are a couple more photos. One is my "special Project" and only Sharon and I know what it should look like (which is exactly what it DOES look like).

The second is an orange tabby cat which we all know are often wacky cats. It is in dedication to my orange tabby cat. She's got the wild hair look in her eyes/ears.

Third is the Lizard that Sharon made in class - she didn't get to see the finished bead and I LOVE it!! :D

beaderpaine
08-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Woohoo! THose are terrific beads! I read Sharon's website just for a good belly laugh sometimes! If she can write copy like that for a website, I can only imagine what a total hoot she must be in person! I'm not sure I'd stop chuckling long enough to get any beads made!

Hope you had great fun!

Alan Cross
08-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Good job looks like you had lots of fun!!
Alan :)

kyyardlizard
08-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Jamilyn...your beads rock..how fun..

I miss all you guys....come on down south... :D

Jamn!
08-10-2004, 01:39 AM
That looks like you had a great time!! What fun and those beads look great also!!

Heidi

mothergoose
08-11-2004, 02:08 AM
OMG!! Jamilyn I LOVE that cat bead!! They all look GREAT!!

Kim

SPIglass
08-11-2004, 02:36 AM
Great beads, Jamilyn! Bet you had loads of fun in her class!!

Paulette

dgg112
08-11-2004, 12:05 PM

OMG!!! LOL Now I see why yall had so much fun!!!! Sharon's a hoot!!

Love love love the beads!!!! The cat is great with the tongue hanging out but the fish are great too. Hard to pick a favorite!!!
thanks for sharing!

dgg112
08-11-2004, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=beaderpaine]Woohoo! THose are terrific beads! I read Sharon's website just for a good belly laugh sometimes! If she can write copy like that for a website, I can only imagine what a total hoot she must be in person! I'm not sure I'd stop chuckling long enough to get any beads made!

QUOTE]

website?? anyone have the link handy??????????????

oh and here's one of those irritating newbie questions.......
what kind of torch does it take to make such detailed beads??
Absolutely awesome!!!!!!!!!

snootyvixen
08-11-2004, 04:37 PM
website?? anyone have the link handy??????????????

What else could it be but www.smartassglass.com!! LOL!

Vikki

dgg112
08-11-2004, 04:42 PM
What else could it be but www.smartassglass.com!! LOL!

Vikki

But of course!!!! LOL
thanks Vikki

jamilyn
08-12-2004, 12:01 PM
oh and here's one of those irritating newbie questions.......
what kind of torch does it take to make such detailed beads??
Absolutely awesome!!!!!!!!!

Hi Debbie,
I have a nortel minor torch with an oxygen concentrator - nothing fancy :) I imagine if you worked hard to keep it warm you could make these on a hothead torch too.

Thanks for the compliments :) :D