PDA

View Full Version : picture frame charm/link??

ajwhite
08-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Hello everyone!

I saw a bracelet in a magazine that had picture frames/lockets as links. Does anyone know of a source for these links or I'd even take charms at this point. I did a search and came up with nothing!

Thanks
Audra

beclectic
08-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Here is a link to an ebay store with frame jewelry components:
http://stores.ebay.com/Casa-Jewelry

If you find the links you are looking for please show what you make. I love pictures.

This looks like something you could probably make with PMC or ACS (Precious Metal Clay or Art Clay Silver). Have you thought about trying that?

ajwhite
08-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks!
I really want to try PMC but haven't taken the plunge. I spend most of my time making beads. I have a kiln so its not like I don't have the equipment. I'll look into it!
Audra

GardensOnGlass
08-05-2004, 12:53 PM
I've also seen some at a local Michael's store. Can't remember the brand name, but they're with packaged Swarovski crystals. I think it's something like Crystal Components or something like that (try Midwest Beads, too). I was also at Linens-n-Things yesterday (DD works there), and they had in their frame dept, a bracelet kit that was small photo charms linked together with a template & instructions for shrinking pictures, it was $19.99. The kit at Michael's was a little less expensive. Also, try www.artchixstudio.com

You can also make frames/charms in any size shape (well, circle, oval, square, diamond, rectangle) using either 2 pieces of framing glass or microscope slides with your image sandwiched between. Copper foil the edges & solder & attach a jumpring. If you've ever done stained glass or know someone who works with it, it's fairly easy to do & the materials are not that expensive. There was just recently a thread in Glass Art on this. Also check www.volcanobookarts.com