PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At - Thursday - Aug. 5, 2004

McDuck
08-05-2004, 09:49 AM
Morning Everyone or Good Day to those across the pond and elsewhere Good Tomorrow! Woke again today with another lovley sinus headache :mad: Beautiful but cool :mad: sunny day for August here in Chicago, it should be blazing hot right now and it's not fair! But I will take it anyway. I have my first rendition of my ladybug exchange piece made and it willpost later. I think I will redo it though, looks too RED! LOL i also made my first seed bead spiral bracelet yesterday, went off without a hitch too. I willpost in show and tell. It came from a kit I purchased off just beads.

You all have a wonderful day!
Mary

Oskadis
08-05-2004, 09:52 AM
Hiya!

*comfort* on that sinus headache Mary.

I still feel dizzy today from the 6 hour train trip without air conditioning yesterday. Here it's HOT! I am melting in the office building and when outside the sun stings the skin....

I hope to take a nap later today and then sort out all the beadies I mingled in a box for the trip.

Have a nice day!

McDuck
08-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Hi Karen, and thank you, my little head needs that. Can you please send some of that sun stinging hot over here please? We do not get that much anymore and I crave every warm minute I get here in Chicago.
-Mary

LLane
08-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi Mary...... and Karen...... and all who join us today!

Mary..... hope that headache gets out of town fast! I "hear" you hurting!

While we don't have HOT weather.... we have sun so I love it! Off to work in the garage...... can you believe I'm doing a garage sale..... aaaakkkk what was I thinking..... but I have to get rid of stuff some how!!!

Couple more people looked at the house...... last night they were here the entire hour we planned to stay away ....... and then some!

Hope you all have a great day!
Peace,
Lois

Beads-Me!
08-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone! Morning Duckie, Karen and Lois!! Sorry about the headace Mary - those are nasty. I used to get them alot.... Sunny but cold here too.. :mad: I am so sick of this summer I could scream!! It occured to me last night that it's August and I still haven't gotten Brenna and I to the beach.. The few days it's been warm enough we've had other plans... sigh...

All right - enough whining! I need to go sign my baby boy up for his senior year! Where does the time go? Have a wonderful day everyone!

debkauz
08-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Mornin Mary, Karen, Lois, and Nancy and all who follow.

Sorry about your headache Mary. My allergies are kicking my butt the last few days. Gotta love the midwest in the early fall. :rolleyes:
Karen, you can keep all the heat. I like it in the upper 70's low 80's just fine. Lois would you like to add some of my stuff in!?
Nancy I hope you get to the beach sometime this summer.

I'm at work again today. I feel like I've done nothing but work for the last few weeks.
Going on a 'bead safari' this weekend. A couple of girlfriends and I are driving to Wisconsin and starting in Baraboo, then Madison and then Milwaukee and finally Sunday night...home. My dentist is getting all my current bead money, but I may find a few bucks to spend. My business account still has a few bucks in it.

Good days, all

Deb

GardensOnGlass
08-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Hey, I'm halfway to Onion-hood, does that make me a scallion? maybe a shalot? :D

Mary, hope it clears up. My daughter's still got hers, but she's feeling a bit better.

Lois, I've decided against the yard sale I've been talking about for 14 years. I'm just going to have a dumpster delivered. There are certain things that'll go to Goodwill, but everything else is going. I'll NEVER become organized enough to pull a sale off.

Nancy, I hear you. Haven't been to the beach (ocean) or the lake yet this summer. The best day we've had to go was last Saturday & my husband worked for most of the day & the kids were off doing their own thing. I have, at least, sat on the deck & gazed at the pool (I rarely go in) on the few fairly nice days we've had.

Good day to all who follow!

sassybird
08-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Mary, send some of that cool weather our way. We are melting here in the desert. I do hope your headache goes away though. Try some Tiger Balm on the temples.

Karen, I am in the same boat you are in. Fortunately we have air conditioning, and I am keeping myself indoors as much as possible.

Lois, good luck on the house.

Deb, that sounds like a nice trip. I have been in the moutains twice this summer, and that is about it. It was nice to escape the heat even for a day trip. Our fire season has not been as bad this summer, so I am grateful for that. A few years ago we had fire fighters from Oz working to save our butts all across the west and mid west.

Well, I am in a real dry spell. Just can't seem to get inspired to do anything. I am not even doing one of my annual shows of the summer this weekend. Nothing to show:(

TheBlueBetween
08-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone :)

I'm supposed to be out making beads but I'm still feeling sick and tired and so I'm sitting here instead. I need to get a bracelet out that sold off my site yesterday too... will do that next.

Mary, hope you are feeling better soon.

Charissa, forget about art for awhile and go do something fun - I bet that will spark something for you!

Lois, good luck with your house and yard sale!

Everyone else, I wish you all had the weather you are craving. It's kind of cold and rainy here today, hope it clears up soon as we are supposed to be going camping on Mount Rainier this weekend.

Well, I'm off to try to get *something* done with this day...

:) Pam