PDA

View Full Version : Eye candy or my stay in the NL (thread hog)

Oskadis
08-05-2004, 07:00 AM
Hiyas!

As I already hinted at - I have been incredibly busy and productive last week (also thanks to my bf putting on that Nina Hagen CD he has in his stash).

Here are some of the results. Hope you enjoy the little show :)

(1) Purple cluny lace with gunmetal spider figural and metal-beaded black and alexandrite czech beads.

(2) Victorian style resin cameo with surrounding Swarovski chatons. Vintage faux japanese cultura pearls and jet czech beads.

(3) Czech and German flower beads on brass. Machine cut austrian crystal set in baroque brass setting. Vintage faux cultura beads from japan (same as the ones used in (2).

(4) Wide cluny lace, silvertone filigree setting and stamping and vintage egiptiana scarab. Old stock black czech drops.

(5) Vintage brass setting and filigree, vintage czech carved glass cab and flower. Swarovski flatback in the flower and black facetted and red volcanic czech beads.

Oskadis
08-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Next one :evil:

(1) Rich burgundy red old stock vintage viscose velvet ribbon, gunmetal crosshatched centerpiece and vintage bohemian focal cab.

(2) Vintage purple glass stone, filigree wrapped. Swarovski set bead cap over German 50s vintage black faceted glass beads. All brass.

(3) Silvertone cast collar set with vintage czech focal, blue and pink vintage cabs, vintage multicolored czech rhinestones (2) and Swarovski.

(4) Black cluny lace with goldtone centerpiece. Set with vintage red cabs, Swarovski rhinestones and accented with vintage brass chain and volcanic czech beads (and 1 vintage Swarovski jet drop).

(5) Yea! That's me wearing my scarab scroll choker! Brass filigree set with vintage cherry brand jet scarabs (occupation period).

Hope you enjoyed the little show. Now back to work - lunch break is over :D

Retta Gates
08-05-2004, 07:10 AM
Woo! Wonderful show :) The very last one is my favorite. I love the first one too though I think having a spider that friendly with me would make me nerveous. I have made a I wont squish you if you dont bite me pact with them but that's about as far as it goes. Now jumping spiders I love for some reason....

Anyway... Back to the jewelry :) I love the way you have incorperated the lace into them! I have made one attempt and my results we not near as sucsessful nor as beautiful.

I am sure the smaller one is gorgeous up close too, it is kind of hard to see in the picture. :(

Oooooooo. I just saw the second part.. Why didn't I notice those before. My jaw dropped when I saw the "big" one. I would sell my car for that... ( Ok, my car is a piece of **** but I couldn't think of anything better ) :) I love the shape of the filligree?? it that even close to the spelling? and that shiny black mirrored piece in the center is stunning. That red velvet is gorgeous! I would love to have a few yards of that!

The fiery orange drops of the black lace or lovely too!
And I just love the choker with the crosses too! I am a choker freak.

Jacinthe
08-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Karen,

I know I saw most of that stuff in person, but seeing it that way, the way its supposed to be worn, just makes it all that more WOW!

Awesome stuff! Keep it coming!

hugs from holland,
Sarah

Oskadis
08-05-2004, 08:35 AM
OK... at last I got the pics of the last collar I made in the NL - I started it at Sarah's (Jacinthe's) place.

Venise lace with many little faceted czech glass beads and drops. It closes at the back with a black satin ribbon.

LadyArowana
08-05-2004, 09:35 AM
That must have been a very busy week ! Lovely things, although I wasn't sure about the spider, looked almost real to me are you sure he's friendly. Fiona

McDuck
08-05-2004, 09:44 AM
WOW Karen, you must go to NL more often if production is this awsome! I really like that silvertone cast collar set until I saw the scarab choker on ya! :eek: :D :clap: Well done!
-Mary

beclectic
08-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Vintage brass setting and filigree, vintage czech carved glass cab and flower. Swarovski flatback in the flower and black facetted and red volcanic czech beads.

That is my favorite, the piece just flows. All of them are lovely to look at and I'm sure to wear. The way you've used lace makes me wish I still wore chokers. I especially like the lace and draped crystals on the very last one.

Thanks for all the yummy pictures.

GardensOnGlass
08-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Beautiful jewelry, Karen, you're so talented! I was scanning the first row of pictures & thinking "the face, let's see your face!" & there you were in the next row! You certainly got a lot done.

Andee
08-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Stunning work, Karen, I couldn't say what I like best, it's all gorgeous! :clap:

Hiway
08-05-2004, 10:54 PM
(3) Silvertone cast collar set with vintage czech focal, blue and pink vintage cabs, vintage multicolored czech rhinestones (2) and Swarovski.

Ohhhhhhh, Karen!

The above just sent me in a tailspin, but I love them all!

(5) Vintage brass setting and filigree, vintage czech carved glass cab and flower. Swarovski flatback in the flower and black facetted and red volcanic czech beads.

This is another favorite.

The beadwork with the lace is ultra feminine and takes me back to a far more elegant time in our history. Now, I will be honest.... the first choker kind of threw me. You see, I have arachnophobia, and I have it quite badly. Spiders creep me out something awful; I've had this phobia since early childhood.... although I'm a bit better now due to the fact that I've lived either near or on the water for over 25 years. Water attracts the big, hairy guys :eek: .

I so enjoy your work - can't wait to see more!

Best to you,

Claudia

Oskadis
08-06-2004, 05:17 AM
Hi!

Thanks for all the feedback.

Fiona, that spider is a gunmetal plated stamping ... and it is very friendly ;) Actually it never really moves.

Claudia, so sorry about triggering that with my choker .. I don't feel comfortable with spiders either, so I guess me handling those stampings must be some kind of therapy :D But tbh - spiders are symbols of fertility and sexual power as well ... so hmm. I try not to think of the other stuff one associates with spiders :rolleyes:

Have a nice day!

Retta Gates
08-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Hehe, as much as they creep me out I can't help but respect the little buggers. :D And I have to admit they are cool looking!