PDA

View Full Version : Thurs Aug 5 Show and Tell

glassman4tm
08-05-2004, 01:01 AM
My first show and tell first thread. Check them out on Ebay under Fire Garden Glass or hopefully by the link! Wish me luck! :clap:

Can't wait to see what follows! :D

swirly depths pink bicone (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4915735590&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

money ball! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4915736387&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

Blue and Yellow (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4915736527&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

CorvetteJuliet
08-05-2004, 01:33 AM
Here are my beads for the 30-bead swap in the Red & Black theme. It took darn near forever to come up with a design I really liked. I made a black core, encased with clear. I used thin dark red stringer and made swirls over the clear on two sides. Then I put down petals (aka dots) of med. red opaque on the other 2 sides and then covered them (aka layered dots) with striking red and used my exacto knife to put petal creases in the flowers. I used black stringer to make the center flower dots. Sorry if you're following that thread and have already seen these & read the description. ~Juliet

Trishki
08-05-2004, 01:34 AM
Wow, that was a really early Thursday! :D ;)
But since you're goin'...I'm following- he he....

That is a really interesting bicone! Very pretty swirls!

Juliet- wow, those black and red ones are so pretty! Very hot!

Here's something that I've been working on, kind of tricky, but they are getting better- window beads and two tone-saturn beads. I still have a hard time to gague it so that the middle of the saturn and the rim color don't float together- lots of rejects...

Beth Myers
08-05-2004, 01:35 AM
My first show and tell first thread. Check them out on Ebay under Fire Garden Glass or hopefully by the link! Wish me luck! :clap:

Can't wait to see what follows! :D

swirly depths pink bicone (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4915735590&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

money ball! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4915736387&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

Blue and Yellow (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4915736527&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

It might work better for your show and tell if you upload your photos instead of just posting the links.
You can do this by using the "manage attachments" option under your "reply to thread" posting box. Easy breezy.
Good luck to you.
Beth

beadreamer
08-05-2004, 02:23 AM
My favorite is the blue and yellow glassman4tm,
Juliet, nice design! you must be a master on those beads now...I can't imagine making 30 of the same style of beads...
Trishki, very nice beads!

Now is my turn...I enjoy making sculptural beads so here are a few...sorry for being a thread hog

Beth Myers
08-05-2004, 02:54 AM
Killer cats Mary!
B~

Josie
08-05-2004, 03:38 AM
Yummy eye candy you guys!
Here is my contribution for the day.
Light and dark brown with some sis and etched.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-001F.JPG

Tracey

GinaJ
08-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Good morning all!
Glassman, those are great beads, good luck on eBay
Juliet, congratulations on getting those done, quite an accomplishment, and they turned out beautiful!
Trish, I LOVE those!
Mary, your beads are awesome, good work!
Tracey, those are beautiful beads!

Here's mine today, Moretti, with 4 BE spacers, in ink blue, periwinkle, and rubino:

Jan.C
08-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Great beads everyone, all inspirational, :clap: here is another of my "Country Garden' Series, all moretti glass.
Jan

Patch
08-05-2004, 08:09 AM
FIrst ever bicone... same colors as my first tube, I loved the mix.

Denise

Joensey
08-05-2004, 08:38 AM
I'm late for work, but Tracey, those etched lentils really catch my eye!
A set from me, and gotta run, but, silver foil over clear, melted in, rolled in ocelot spots frit.
Jeanne

jeffwelsh23462
08-05-2004, 08:41 AM
good mornin everyone! everyone's work looks fabulous... i need to get back to makin' beads been on the boro kick lately... here's my latests... :cool:

maureen
08-05-2004, 09:48 AM
wow, love the kitties!! great beads everyone!!
here's mine..i'm stuck in a flower mode lately...maureen

Foofaraw
08-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Wow, great show and tell today!!! Here is an earthy set, trying to get into the fall mood, kinda hard when I'm sweatin' to death in the studio though!!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Aug-2004/19877-earthenhues.jpg

theonlyduda
08-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Very cool stuff today!! Here is my addition.... some "sqeezed" black and white beads. :)

BBsBaubles
08-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Great work everyone! You're all full of so much eye candy!

Beauty2Heal
08-05-2004, 01:05 PM
OH, My, MY, MY!

I'm drooling with the need to create now! OH MY!!

Elizabeth

OH MY MY MY !!!

Tink
08-05-2004, 01:09 PM
Trish, those are stunning! Nice work, everyone!

Again, not much from me today. And I seem to have forgotten how to use my Olympus 5050Z in my absence. Anyone here have one and want to give me a refresher course?

Blown Black Effetre Vessel w/24kt Gold

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Aug-2004/10179-ancientgold.jpg

Blown Teal Effetre Vessel w/24kt Gold, winged handles

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Aug-2004/10179-goldteal.jpg

Trishki
08-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Wow! I had to check back, and what a show everyone!

Tink, is that teal/green vessel gold on transparent or on opaque? It looks like it could be either. Now that I look at it closer- hm...transparent? Very nice!!!

Maureen- I LOVE those flowers!!! They are so crisp!

Mary- those kitties are adorable!!!

Dawn- very fun patterns on those sqeezes!

Jenn- what are those colors you used?! So pretty and so "fall"! It LOOKS like you are in fall mode- even if you are not!

Very nice pendant Jeff! Do you care to tell how you make'em?

Jeanne-nice use of Val's frit! Very "fall" too!

Denise- that is pretty dang good for your firs bicone! (I still don't make'm)

Jan-what color did you use for those flowers! Nice to see something different in use of colors!

Tracey - Hmm...you're inspiring me to buy browns! Very sophisticated!

Gina- nice work on those flowers!

manda j
08-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Using Corinna's book to try a new style of "Tigers". What a great book! Expensive but well worth it.
Everyone's beads are great today...

Becky Mason
08-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Jennifer,

Love your lentils. Is that Amber Rose with silver foil?

Becky

CarlaAlexander
08-05-2004, 02:05 PM
I haven't gotten to do much but I do have a new small set to show.

jeffwelsh23462
08-05-2004, 02:19 PM
:) :cool: HEY everyone.. here are 3 more pendants, a bracelet and a paperweight that i made last night, just getting pics taken of them.. all have been listed in my ebay store..

Foofaraw
08-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Actually that is transparent red over silvered ivory, gives the most gorgeous deep amber color. Orange works well also.

jeffwelsh23462
08-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Wow! I had to check back, and what a show everyone!

Very nice pendant Jeff! Do you care to tell how you make'em?

ACTUALLY.. the sunflower pendant was made with a laser etched dichroic chip from ABR IMAGERY. Pretty easy to make have to make sure you do not heat too hot because you can cause a hazy effect....they are pretty easy!

Trishki
08-05-2004, 03:00 PM
ACTUALLY.. the sunflower pendant was made with a laser etched dichroic chip from ABR IMAGERY. Pretty easy to make have to make sure you do not heat too hot because you can cause a hazy effect....they are pretty easy!

Well, they are very impressive! Thanks for the "tell" part in the Show and Tell! :D

Becky Mason
08-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Jennifer,

Let me make sure I have this right. Base of the bead is ivory, rolled in silver foil and decorated with transparent red stringer? Is that right?

Becky

GardenGirl1002
08-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Such wonderful eye candy today, everyone! Seems as though everyone has been really busy lately!
I posted these last night on the S&T, but it was 11:00, so I thought I would post it on today's as well. Brenda gave me a rod of mystery purple vetrofond (at least a mystery to me). Maybe someone could help me figure out what it is. I think it's an opalino of some kind, but I'm not sure. Hope it's compatible with moretti! So this set is mystery purple vetrofond and opal yellow, with just a tiny bit of lavender blue. Not the greatest set or pictures, but it was fun to play around with it!
Have a great day,
Kristen

Becky Mason
08-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Kristen,

I LOVE this set. I think the colors are gorgeous together. I don't have a clue what the Vetrofond color could be though. HMMM????

Are the raised dots just opal yellow?

Becky

Foofaraw
08-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Jennifer,

Let me make sure I have this right. Base of the bead is ivory, rolled in silver foil and decorated with transparent red stringer? Is that right?

Becky

Make a bead of dark ivory, roll it in your silver foil, use your marver or what have you to make sure the silver is attached all around, put back into the flame and burn the silver off, this will give you the stone look and then use transparent red stringer. Use a fairly thick stringer though because the ivory will suck it up and make it appear thinner than what you started with.

Becky Mason
08-05-2004, 03:23 PM
OK gang, I finally got around to photographing the set I finished last night. I had to etch them before photographing them. Copper green with decorations in Lauscha wedgewood blue.

Becky

GardenGirl1002
08-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Kristen,

I LOVE this set. I think the colors are gorgeous together. I don't have a clue what the Vetrofond color could be though. HMMM????

Are the raised dots just opal yellow?

Becky

Becky- I believe I put a dot of the mystery purple on top of the opal yellow dots - same with the twisted dots one (the one that looks really dark on the opal yellow part). That's one reason I want to figure out what this purple is. It has some transparent qualities and I really like what it did to the opal yellow. Here's a couple of pics of the rod itself. I'm pretty sure I did the color justice in the photos. Maybe I'll just PM Brenda and ask her -- sounds sensible enough, right? lol
Becky - Your beads are just gorgeous!! I love them etched. They have a wonderful effect! Wow, just stunning :)

Becky Mason
08-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Kristen,

That lavender rod is gorgeous. It looks sort of like the Moretti lavender, but in an opalino glass. If you find out what it is, I WANT SOME!!!!!

Thanks for your nice comment about my beads. I think they will look really nice with some natural turquoise. What do you think?

Becky

GardenGirl1002
08-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Becky,
LOL! What an airhead I am! I forgot to thank you for your compliment! Wow, how classy am I???
Thank you very much!
I'll let you know when I find out what color that is!
I agree about the turquoise, I think the pairing would be beautiful. Just not too much, maybe so they won't overpower your beautiful beads!
Kristen :)

gwacie
08-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Looks like my Lauscha Pink rod.

Awesome S&T gang. Love it! Really loving the color combo Jen, thanks for sharing.

boheme'
08-05-2004, 04:16 PM
I think the mystery purple rod is a new color - Purple striker - I bought some from JoDel. http://jodelglass.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page86.html

Deb Cline

Foofaraw
08-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Becky, you have just answered my most frustrating question!!! I had a bead, a test bead that had that same batik look to it. I put it away to make a set later. A few weeks ago I tried it and couldn't get it to work no matter what blue I tried, all effetre of course. I forgot that back in January when I made it I had some lauscha blue on hand. I named the auction "not gonna do it" because I couldn't get it to work!!! lol

Now to get my hands on 1 or 2 rods....anyone want to trade?? I have some odd lot coral or Amber rose on hand. PM or email me. First to offer gets the deal, lol!

Elena
08-05-2004, 07:09 PM
I have been playing with BE pink and neo lavender shift!!

cindy's studio
08-06-2004, 12:09 AM
Everything is just beautiful today...I'm so impressed!!!
Here are mine...I'm still stuck on square pillows. The aqua ones look just like the liner of our frineds pool, so I named them Dee's pool. Aqua with aquamarine frit and a twistie. I played around with the ruffles...not sure about those yet!
Have a great day!!

CalmWaterStudio
08-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful EVERYONE!!!

I love the awesome colors in this post... just beautiful!

Here's one I worked on a couple of weeks back.. just photographed it tonight...