PDA

View Full Version : Monthiversary. Thank you to Scott, everyone!

pixelscapes
10-11-2001, 03:15 PM
It's been a whole month, now. Hard to believe, isn't it?

I'm not totally sure how long this little forum will stay open (wasn't there talk of eventually closing it and saving it in the archives?)... but I just wanted to make sure to re-thank Scott for setting this discussion area up, and I wanted to re-thank everyone else for being so supportive, constructive, thoughtful.

Has this forum helped you over the last month? If so, how?

-=- Jen

Berrell
10-11-2001, 05:43 PM
I agree, Jen. I've gained great solace from knowing of this place to go to hear new perspectives on the same subject of the focal point of my life. I thank Scott too as well as everyone sending messages. Tomorrow I fly to the west coast, Oregon, and am more concerned about leaving home than flying!!

berkking
10-12-2001, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by pixelscapes
Has this forum helped you over the last month? If so, how?

-=- Jen

Yes, catharsis

Nik

MissMouse
10-15-2001, 11:33 PM
How can I put this - September 11,2001 I posted a picture of the lake I live on saying how peaceful and beautiful it is. Not 20 minuets later I was asking everyone to pray on WETCanvas. This started a string of events like I never imagined. First
was this thread next was a distressed young man coming home form his friends with tears in his eyes. Lynn was missing and worked on the 101 floor of tower one. The candles at her memorial on the lake are still burning brightly, her young life
snuffed out. Everyone here helped me get past grief filled sleepless nights and the comfort I received from my friend here will never be forgotten. THANKS people you listened and looked at my ramblings and made me smile.

paintfool
10-16-2001, 02:38 AM
Yes Jen, it has helped me. I pride myself on being very even keeled for the most part. I'm usually the one who people look to for unbiased and unemotional responses to most situations but this one really shook me to my core. I have felt a range of emotions in the past month unlike any other time in my life. Fear, anger, sadness, pride and confusion. I have not been able to respond to most of the threads in this forum for fear of starting debates. I have not always agreed with every sentiment expressed here and i have absolutley felt soildarity with others. I appologize for reaping the benefits of reading my friends thoughts without contributing mine but i am truly greatful for having this place to come to. It has been very comforting to know how many of our friends abroad are feeling the same things that we are. I feel that even though our connection is an electronic one, we have made many connections and freindships that matter a great deal to all of us and it's a very good thing to know that you'll always be here for me, during good times and bad. We share a lot of our lives through this site. If there is ever truly such a thing as cybor hugs we've certainly shared many of them here. Love lives and hope survives through communication and this forum is lasting proof of that.
Thank you Scott. You've spent the last years proving how important communication can be. Let's hope the rest of the world catches on someday.
Cheryl

Gisela
10-17-2001, 07:59 AM
((((Cheryl))))

Very well put, Cheryl! I agree 100%. My husband is a vet and he's been so angry at all that has happened, he hasn't wanted to discuss it at all. I came here 100 times in those first couple of weeks to find some little bits of healing.

Gisela

arlene
10-17-2001, 11:07 PM
this has helped more than i realized at the time...that first day, i went onto chat and talked to everyone and was overwhelmed by all the people worried i was safe...thank you to all.

dcheek
10-19-2001, 01:24 PM
Yes, absolutely it has helped even when I didn't agree with something said, "I thanked God we - I live in a country where we are free to not only think but also free to express our thoughts."

Thank you