PDA

View Full Version : A first for me!!!

AMR GlassWorks
08-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Actually these are a couple of first's, I've never started a thread just for my beads (that I can remember :p ) and I've never done a huge planned set like this one! :eek: There are 44 beads in all. I took all my CBS's and my Zoozii pillow press and I made 2 of each size and 1 of the XL lentil. It took me all morning and most of the afternoon to make this yesterday but I'm liking it!! I probably won't do one like this again for a loooooong time!!! :D It's going on the bay tonight! Wish me luck!!! :D

David E Ricketts
08-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Actually these are a couple of first's, I've never started a thread just for my beads (that I can remember :p ) and I've never done a huge planned set like this one! :eek: There are 44 beads in all. I took all my CBS's and my Zoozii pillow press and I made 2 of each size and 1 of the XL lentil. It took me all morning and most of the afternoon to make this yesterday but I'm liking it!! I probably won't do one like this again for a loooooong time!!! :D It's going on the bay tonight! Wish me luck!!! :D

I must say, I have seen this in person... and all I can say is WOW! This really does look excellent in person.... A Big set for AMR... :clap: :clap:

vwhite3343
08-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Those are incredible beads. I love the intricasies of your design- I can hardly believe they are glass. You have inspired me!

AMR GlassWorks
08-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Glad to have helped in your inspiration!! :D I really love making these "patterns" as there really is no set pattern to them! Perfect for the ADD in me!! LOL! :D

sgraphics
08-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Anne,
That is absolutely gorgeous - good luck! I know it's hard to keep working in the same groove, just so many colors to choose from, too much temptation to try another color.

CosmicGW
08-04-2004, 08:27 PM
WOW - those beads are amazing. I always love the colors you use - your beads are always so cheerful.

Becky

encantado
08-04-2004, 10:15 PM
That is one great set of beads! Wishing you big bids!

AMR GlassWorks
08-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks ya'll!!! I hope to make a little spending money for Glass Stock with this set!! :D

Becky Mason
08-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Anne,

Good luck with your new set. They are fabulous!

Question for you, what shape do you make your initial bead before you squeeze it with the NEW Corina squeexe tool? I haven't had much success with my end result, and I'm thinking I may be starting with either the wrong shape of bead, and possibly too much glass, or maybe both. I am also having trouble getting my mandrel lined up in the middle of the bead and ending up with beads that are wider on one side than the other, which makes them unsalable. Your squeezed beads all look very uniform. What is your secret?

Becky

AMR GlassWorks
08-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Thanks Becky! Nice to see you here on WC! I've made so many lentils that I automatically make a fat lemon shape or football shape everytime I put the glass to the mandrel! LOL! I'm still playing with the bead squeeze trying to find the perfect shape to smash! I sometimes end up with the mandrel off center once it's squeezed so I re-melt it if at all possible and I just try to center the best way possible before I smash it! I do like the shape that the bead squeeze makes though!! :D

firemonkey
08-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Way to go Anne! :clap: :clap: :clap:
As beautiful as Anne's beads always are in her pics, they are even more so in person. They must be touched to be fully appreciated! Hope they sell for the big bucks...

Elena
08-05-2004, 12:43 AM
Good Luck,
I honestly think luck has nothing to do with it!!
These are just spankin gorgeous!
Let the bidding begin!!

beachbeads
08-05-2004, 04:11 AM
Nice, very southwest feeling to them.

GinaJ
08-05-2004, 06:55 AM
They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :clap:

Crowe
08-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Dear Anne,

Those are gorgeous! I was interested in hearing how long it took to make them. (I'm a newbie and it takes me forever to do anything)

AMR GlassWorks
08-05-2004, 09:25 AM
Hi and welcome to the addiction! :D I think I started about 10am and finally finished up about 3pm. Course I took little breaks here and there. :D

StefaniBeads
08-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Wow, they're GORGEOUS!! I gotta put a watch on these and see what happens, shoot, I wish I could afford to bid......

snootyvixen
08-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Beautiful, Anne! Just beautiful!

I'm sure they'll do really well on th'Bay!

Vikki