View Full Version : Winners for CF Bangle contest have been announced

ringslingin
08-04-2004, 01:18 PM
The winners are listed here:

Must say I'm a little shocked!!! LOL!

http://www.conniefox.com/Home/Contest1.htm

Barrie
08-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Not the ones I would have picked, but very nice. As the unofficial WA forum ambassador, I hearby honorably mention your entry Denise!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2004/10732-Entry032.jpg

debkauz
08-04-2004, 03:06 PM
I definately give honorable mention to everyone from WC, too! I love the ones that were chosen, but I think they were all great. Good thing I wasn't a judge. I don't think I could have been impartial. :evil:

Congrats to all who entered.

Deb

ringslingin
08-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Not the ones I would have picked, but very nice. As the unofficial WA forum ambassador, I hearby honorably mention your entry Denise!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2004/10732-Entry032.jpg

Thanks Barrie!!!!!! You're such a doll :) :) :)

Denise

TheBlueBetween
08-04-2004, 04:19 PM
They were all so wonderful - I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried. Good job everyone who entered!

:clap: :clap:

tamjai
08-04-2004, 04:20 PM
i second barrie! i do see how the winners were picked, big emphasis on bold. the kind of pieces you might see in a gallery but (speaking for myself) not be able to wear! I would wear yours Denise any day! :clap:
tam

Virago
08-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Must say I'm a little shocked!!! LOL!
I agree with that!

While the winners were bold, and beautiful, I find it difficult to understand how those were selected. The criteria stated that the piece should be mostly wire, and would be judged on the technical ability and workmanship (of the wire work). Two of the (winning) pieces have more beads and metalworked components than wire work.

ringslingin
08-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Same thoughts here...ah well. I don't want to step on any toes, so I'll try my best to keep my trap shut (a miracle).

Virago, are you nekkid in your tiny head pic? You look kinda nekkid. Maybe my mind is in the gutter...

Denise

Prudence
08-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Ringslingin, I do like the bangle that you entered. :clap:
I was following the contest and just thought cause I'm a newbie that I didn't understand the rules. Some that have won, have everything but the kitchen sink on them. I like a more clean design. Are coils the latest rage? I see them everywhere. Prudence

Virago
08-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Virago, are you nekkid in your tiny head pic? You look kinda nekkid. Maybe my mind is in the gutter...
Denise

LOL!! No, I'm not naked - I have a strapless corset on with pants, but the way I had to crop the picture, it does appear that I'm "au naturel".
Although there's nothing wrong with being naked...
Audrey

Emjay
08-04-2004, 10:44 PM
I GOT AN HONORABLE MENTION!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy! Entry # 20.
(by the way, Denise, yours was one of my favorites!!)

LadyArowana
08-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Gosh I must be confused I always thought nekkid was without beads or other jewelry, not anything to do with clothes ! I can see Audrey is wearing a necklace so she couldn't possibly be . Fiona

Virago
08-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Congratulations, Jean!

TurtleBay Jewelry
08-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Bah, I've been sitting here contemplating how to share my opinion without sounding like a sore loser (which, given my competitive streak, may apply, but I'm honest...heheheh. I blame the Aries in me...;)) but in my estimation, given the contest rules...."You are welcome to use beads or other objects, but the majority of your piece needs to be composed of wire."...it would seem that some of the wireworking was looked over for metalsmithing instead.

Who the heck knows? It's all subjective, so don't let it get you down if you didn't place anywhere. I think it was great to see so many different artists express their vision of what they consider a Bold Bangle. Kudos to all of you WC'ers for doing your best, showcasing your talents, and once again showcasing what a wonderful group of artists WC has in its midst. I'm honored to be included in the group.

~Danielle

Bangs
08-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Congrats, Jean!!!

And IMO, everyone brave enough to enter the contest was a winner!

beclectic
08-05-2004, 08:59 AM
:clap: :clap:

Congratulations Jean!!! Great Job.

I think this contest inspired many people to stretch themselves and make beautiful bracelets. Now they have a great piece of jewelry and possibly a new line and new ideas.

I just want to say thanks to all of you who told us about your work, kept the contest in front of us and made this contest fun for the forum.

lissadivamama
08-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Hi - I must say I'm a bit disappointed also, although I did not expect to win by any means...My entry was #25...oh,well...glad I entered - I will be making more bangles!

Congratulations, Jean! I'm really happy your design got a mention - I love the "wild" wire-wrapping!

Virago
08-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Oh yes, mine was #3.

ringslingin
08-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Bah, I've been sitting here contemplating how to share my opinion without sounding like a sore loser (which, given my competitive streak, may apply, but I'm honest...heheheh. I blame the Aries in me...;)) but in my estimation, given the contest rules...."You are welcome to use beads or other objects, but the majority of your piece needs to be composed of wire."...it would seem that some of the wireworking was looked over for metalsmithing instead.
~Danielle

Same here, Danielle, I'm having a hard time voicing my opinion w/o sounding like a sore loser...as I'd guess the rest of us are too. I wouldn't be peeved if the rules were more strictly followed.

I'm a huge fan of metalsmithing and silversmithing, no secret there, but I still don't understand...ugh.

I'll definitely be more choosey next time!

That said, I have no ill wishes for Connie Fox, she's still my hero for innovative design and such. I still have my wire bead that she helped me with at the show, LOL!

Maybe when my website is finished, I'll host a contest ;) .

Denise

ringslingin
08-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Btw.. .LOL of course there ain't nothing wrong with being nekkid!!!

I'm nekkid right now... under my clothes :p

Emjay
08-05-2004, 08:41 PM
This contest was a huge help to my confidence and self esteem. NOT just the fact that I was mentioned, but that I felt I held my own with all of those GREAT bangles. We all put our heart and soul into those pieces and were all so proud to see them on Connie's site. I had been planning this piece for a long time, just never put it together until this contest, and then it turned out better than what was in my head. I will now expand on this idea, and do many more Wild Wire pieces. I think we all did a SUPER job!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And now I'm going on vacation. Ten days in Colorado. I'll try to check in once and a while on my brother's computer. Bye!

TheBlueBetween
08-05-2004, 08:53 PM
This contest was a huge help to my confidence and self esteem. NOT just the fact that I was mentioned, but that I felt I held my own with all of those GREAT bangles. We all put our heart and soul into those pieces and were all so proud to see them on Connie's site. I had been planning this piece for a long time, just never put it together until this contest, and then it turned out better than what was in my head. I will now expand on this idea, and do many more Wild Wire pieces. I think we all did a SUPER job!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And now I'm going on vacation. Ten days in Colorado. I'll try to check in once and a while on my brother's computer. Bye!

You DID all do a super job!!! And all of this has inspired me to finally go buy the wire so I can try one too :) Hope it comes soon....

:clap: :clap: :clap: