PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME wire-sculpting DVD!

limamike
08-04-2004, 01:14 PM
I had the BEST night last night Ė Iíve made friends with a lady who owns a bead shop here in Florida (I'm on vacation) and last night she came to our hotel and gave me a lesson in freeform wire sculpting from her soon-to-be-available DVD. IT WAS AWESOME! Iíve tried one of Preston Reutherís videos but SO prefer Barbara Marieís method Ė the cool thing is you donít have to follow a pattern, but she shows you how to use your own creativity to make the most gorgeous pieces. Iím sitting here looking at the pendant I made last night and still canít believe I made it.

Anyway, she has a dvd coming out around August 11th that shows how to do free-form wire sculpted jewelry Ė earrings, pendants, etc Ė you can even see a preview of the projects here -- http://www.artitudebeads.com/wiresculptingdvd.html

You HAVE to check it out!!! I canít wait to get home from vacation and tear into my wire thatís just been sitting in my craft closet.

GardensOnGlass
08-04-2004, 01:50 PM
How neat & fun for you Lori! Please post a picture of the pendant if you can. Funny, just this morning, after looking at the Connie Fox bangle entries, I was wishing there was a good DVD out on the subject. Stopped quickly into Borders when I had to drop something off to DD at work & flipped through the new BEADWORK & noticed in the back a new book out on working with wire. Can't remember the title, but I'm going to pick up the magazine tomorrow & I think I'll order the book. Thanks for the link.

limamike
08-04-2004, 02:00 PM
I don't have it scanned yet (don't get home until Saturday) but it's similar to the slides she has on her web site. I really recommend this dvd!

TurtleBay Jewelry
08-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Lori~

I'm not far from Destin. Do you vacation there often? I'm on the east side of Panama City.

~Danielle

limamike
08-05-2004, 12:02 AM
We come about three times a year because my husband works a contract at Hurlburt Field. We're leaving here on Friday, but will be back for two weeks in January (yay, Florida in January has to be cooler than it is now!). My best friend is stationed at Tyndale so we were in Panama City kayaking this past weekend, but alas, she's moving on to Oklahoma soon so I won't be able to visit her when we make our treks from Maryland to Florida!

beadyeyedgirls
08-05-2004, 01:25 AM
(yay, Florida in January has to be cooler than it is now!).

yes, very much! <waving to danielle!> i'm in tallahassee & just got back from a month in san francisco. weather there was awesome; here it's just HOT & incredibly humid. january is a good time to come!

Penguintrax
08-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Yeah - let Jessica and I know when you come back. Maybe we can all get together! There are some other WC folks around here, too.

Glitzy Glass
08-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Thank you for the DVD information! I have emailed her to pre-order - I told her about your post too!! I can't wait, the designs look so nice.

limamike
08-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks so much for supporting her! She is so nervous about it, really second-guessing herself, but you should just see her jewelry in her bead shop -- just amazing. The pendant that I made, she brought over some nice simple but stunning Venetian glass squares (I think you can get similar at Halstead Beads) and some coordinating Czech and it was just so pretty!

When I get a second I'll scan it and post it -- just came home from being away for 2 weeks and had a mountain of mail, 14 boxes, and a bunch of orders to get done!

Thanks again!

Lori

\\Thank you for the DVD information! I have emailed her to pre-order - I told her about your post too!! I can't wait, the designs look so nice.

Glitzy Glass
08-07-2004, 12:43 AM
As soon as I get the DVD I will post pics of my creations and help get the word out too! I know how she feels, it happens to me all the time!! I saw your website and your designs are beautiful so I am sure that anything you say is great certainly is!

Glitzy Glass
08-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey Lori - Just wanted you to know that Barbara contacted me and the DVD is ready - I just purchased it - I hope to be able to post a pic of one of my creations using her DVD in a few weeks!

Thank you!

I also suggested that she join WC so she can get the word out about her at home instructions!

limamike
08-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Awesome! I hope you love it!

Glitzy Glass
08-13-2004, 08:42 PM
I just realized that she is in Florida - I hope she and her shop are ok!!

beadyeyedgirls
08-15-2004, 05:30 PM
i think lori had said her vacation (& the shop) were in destin; i'm a couple of hours east of there, but up here in the panhandle, we didn't get hit by charley.

Glitzy Glass
08-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Thank you Jessica - It's nice to know some folks are ok!

Glitzy Glass
08-17-2004, 08:12 AM
OK - the DVD arrived yesterday - but too late for me to watch it - dinner, housework etc...was in the way. So I got up bright and early today. After just watching 2 chapters this is what I can do!

Her DVD is wonderful - I can't wait to make more beads to use with her freeform wire sculpting techniques! Thank you Lori for telling us about Barbara Marie's DVD! I love it.

beclectic
08-17-2004, 08:20 AM
That is some beautiful work Denise. I can tell it really flowed for you this morning. Sometimes inspiration is like that. I bet it was fun too. :D