PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 8/4 Show and Tell!!!!

GinaJ
08-04-2004, 04:44 AM
Ok, where is everybody!?!?!?!
Here is some more of my "Artichoke" beads, made from Moretti, transparent teal, mosaic green:

Josie
08-04-2004, 05:01 AM
OOohhhh I like those.
Here's mine for the day. Lots of silver foil and reduction frit stringer designs.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-001F.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-006F.JPG

Tracey

Turtlebeader
08-04-2004, 05:37 AM
Gina - your "artichokes" are just gorgeous - very sparkly!
Josie - lovely lentils! structured but still very 'organic'...

And here is my offering for today - a custom order I recently completed... Lots of rubino, white, pink, and amethyst, with a bit of dichro in the encased floral focal (the customer loves it and can't wait until it arrives *grin*).

I'm looking forward to seeing more of today's beads - have a super day, everyone!

swamperfolk
08-04-2004, 07:22 AM
Early start today. These are from Monday nite's torching session - largest set I've made. Some of Val's opaque white frit.

KellyD
08-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Gina- I love the artichoke beads, great job
Josie- Your lentils have a perfect shape and uniform in size, very nice
Ania- The pinks are great, your customer is going to love those
Linda- Nice and colorful set! Mmmm..looks like candy with powdered sugar on top, or am I just hungry already this morning ;)

I just have some more fun beads and then two focals that I made just playing around. There not pretty but I like the colors
Kelly

nursekatie
08-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Oh I love the artichoke beads!! Very cool!!

Linda your squares are so pretty!!

Josie I love the swirly patterns!

Kelly I agree...the colors are very cool together!!

Turtlebeader Gorgeous floral!!!

I continue on the path of the lentils :D Of course I have to do a long bead every few lentils LOL!!

jeffwelsh23462
08-04-2004, 08:24 AM
good mornin all. here are 2 things i made last night.. a rainbow dichroic lampwork cuff bracelet and a multi mystery adv. color swirl pendant. bracelets up on ebay now... :cool:

mperaza
08-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Lovely work everyone! I particularly like the cuff bracelets - so much so that I purchased 2 of them.

I have nothing new to show today - hopefully I'll get to torch again in the next couple days.

Have a great day everyone!
Marilyn

double S
08-04-2004, 10:24 AM
beautiful work one and all
my latest
Sunny days-- ink blue, striking yellow, lt amber
Strawberry Margarita-- rose opal, rubino, lt rose silver foil
Mint Julip-- Czech lt peridot, lt spring green, silver foil, frit
Grape Jelly-- new lavender, various purples, frit
Lisa S

maureen
08-04-2004, 10:40 AM
oops...posted these in the tues nite one...need more coffe...and i'm really late!! maureen

Foofaraw
08-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Gina ~ I really like that color combo and the multilayered beads are really cool looking from the sides!
Tracey ~ I just keep staring at that second set, very interesting!
Ania ~ great job on that focal, dichro is something that scares me!
Linda ~ that color combo is different and I love it!
Kelly ~ what fun! I love the second free form focal!
Katie ~ I love the first set, looks a lot like something I'm working on, minus the turquoise!
Jeff ~ love that bracelet!!! It reminds me of some that I saw in a glass blowing studio in Naragannsett that were going for $300 each!
Lisa ~ I have to know what is up with the piggy penny, it cracks me up!

Here are two sets, the first one is my attempt to head into fall yet still have a summer crispness to it. The second is an experiment with gold.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2004/19877-retromodwc.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2004/19877-sariwc.jpg

GinaJ
08-04-2004, 10:51 AM
LisaS, does Texas has it's own currency now? lol
(and I'm allowed to joke, I'm originally from Tx!)

glassyeyed
08-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Gina, the artichoke beads are stunning. You've done really cool things with this.
Tracey, very pretty lentils. Nice effects that you've gotten.
Ania , lovely dichro.
Linda, very pretty beads, they remind me of candies!
Kelly, interesting shapes. I love them.
Katie, all your beads are beautiful, lentil or long.
Cool bracelet, Jeff. Do you use a stainless steel bracelet mandrel like the ones the kilnworkers use?
Lisa, nice, fresh colors. I like the combinations.
Jennifer, I love the blue and gold together. Did you paint the gold on?

I posted this guy on the night owl thread last night, but wanted to show him off here. (I have no shame. :o ) He's one of my very first horse beads. He's boro, and his apple is moretti.

dread
08-04-2004, 11:49 AM
What a bunch of lovelies today - I love all the different designs and colors
Have to ask Jeff - is that boro ? the pendant and bracelet?

Briatha
08-04-2004, 11:59 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gifThanks for all the scrumptious eye candy today!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gif

lepoppet
08-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Here's some "Monster Dichroic" and "Expresso Beans" from Me! :clap: Happy Wednesday everyone!

Maria

SonyaHusko
08-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Katie! I love both sets of lentils, especially the bright ones!

I finally got some torch time in after the Gathering. I didn't realize how much there was to do during the Gathering. There was something going on all the time (and I didn't want to miss anything!)

The set of discs is by me. The focal in the charm set is by Chris. They're all boro.

CharleneN
08-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Everyone's beads are just gorgeous. I really love looking at them. Thanks for posting them!!

Charlene

amy fgb
08-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Wow - lots of lovely beads. Jennifer, your pictures look so crisp, and the beads are fantastic.

I just listed a knob last night. Hope it does well - it's a biggie (about 50 x 44 x 10).

Keep the eye candy coming! :D

Take care,
Amy

Foofaraw
08-04-2004, 02:01 PM
OMG Amy I actually had to go back through the entire thread to make sure that you were talking to me!!! I have been struggling with my photos since I started, don't we all! I finally got a set up that is working for me.

It's funny because I consistently used your photos as examples of what I wanted mine to look like, so for you to comment on them, well cloud nine today!!!!!!!

And to the person that asked, yes that is a type of gold paint that is used in ceramics.

Tink
08-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Such nice work, everyone! I particularly like the artichoke beads and Amy's knob (that doesn't sound right, does it?)

Don't have much to show today, just a vessel:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2004/10179-roseopal.jpg

BBsBaubles
08-04-2004, 02:57 PM
The different colors and variety are great today everyone!

Tink, I always love your vessels :)

Tink
08-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Tink, I always love your vessels :)

Thanks!!! :D

amy fgb
08-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Wow, thanks Jennifer - that's so cool! Yeah, your beads look great!!!!

Tink - that vessel's awesome! And I know what you mean about the knob thing. In my auction I almost wrote, "If you like my knobs, you'll like this one because it's really large", and decided I'd better find another way it say it!!! :D

Thanks for your kind compliments!

Amy

glassyeyed
08-04-2004, 03:51 PM
"If you like my knobs, you'll like this one because it's really large", and decided I'd better find another way it say it!!! :D
Amy

Now THAT'S funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

Becky Mason
08-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Tink, Your vessel is angelic and devilish at the same time with the pink and black. Love it.

Amy, Next time please don't chicken out. I'd love to see your listing read as you had it before you changed your mind. Think of the number of hits you'd get!!! In fact, you should do 2 of them and call them BIG KNOBS!!! What a hoot that would be.

Here are my two bead pics for the day. The first set I made last week and will probably list it on eBay later this week. The second set was a custom order for some Miami Dolphin beads. My husband had to help me pick the right color for the turquoise since I'm not a huge NFL fan. Let's face it, if you have a choice between watching football or making beads on Sunday afternoon, which would you choose? Fortunately for me, he IS a huge NFL fan, so I get more time to torch. :D By the way, the orange in the Miami Dolphon set is Chezch light orange. It is the most lucious tangerine color. I just love it!!!

Becky

Becky Mason
08-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Boy, my spelling in that last posting sure slipped. I due hav a coluge dugree, beleeve it ur knot.

Becky

GardensOnGlass
08-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Great beads everyone.

Becky, your second post is a riot.

Katie, those frosted lentils and spacers are going to be MINE, ALL MINE :evil: !

Patch
08-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Two views of the same bead, my first tube bead which is a bit over 1 inch long.

Denise

Trishki
08-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Wow! What a show everyone! Too many to comment on each one!
But thanks for posting everyone!!!

double S
08-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Lisa ~ I have to know what is up with the piggy penny, it cracks me up!

It is an old Irish coin from my stash of coins. It is the same size as a quarter but much more interesting.
Lisa S

bolimasa
08-04-2004, 07:39 PM
It is an old Irish coin from my stash of coins. It is the same size as a quarter but much more interesting.
Lisa S

I'm glad someone asked. I've been curious about that for a while now. I guess this means your beads are bigger than I thought.

gwacie
08-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Amazing. These threads are just getting more and more lovely. We should make a screensaver montage of the best s&t threads!

Anyway, here's mine - hotflashwanda granted me a tequila sunrise gift and I had to play......I listed them on the bay and now I'm a little sad at the thought of saying good bye to them (sigh)

justlilolme
08-04-2004, 11:01 PM
:clap: Beautiful work, everyone! Nice job on the tube, Denise!
I been out of town, then rested Tuesday and had grandkids today...so I been slackin on the torch...Hope to get to it tomorrow ;)

CorriDawn
08-04-2004, 11:28 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2004/42748-after.jpg

GardenGirl1002
08-05-2004, 12:03 AM
Evening all! I know it's late, but I didn't see a nite owl S&T... So many beautiful beads on today's S&T. I keep going back throughout the day to look at them over and over.
I'm getting ready to head to bed, but I thought I'd post these because Brenda gave this glass to me when I went to her house for the horse head tutorial. (Thanks Brenda!). I have no idea what color this is - all she told me was that it was Vetrofond, but I think it's very beautiful! It's a very heavy translucent - kinda like an opalescent. I paired it with opal yellow and lavender blue (sparingly). Maybe someone can tell me what color it is!
Have a great evening all!
Kristen :)

hotflashwanda
08-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Oooh, Bethany, those beads are just FULL of sunshine! Love 'em. :D