PDA

View Full Version : Trouble listing and revising on ebay?

leesmith
10-11-2001, 01:41 AM
Anyone having trouble getting a listing to go thru or revising a listing? I spent from 3 till 1:00 AM trying to list 3 items!

Error Page, some went thru, some didn't, all had the error page!

Tried to revise to include html for [email protected] but I keep getting the error page.

The last listing I finally gave using etusa and did it directly with ebay, used no html at all and that one went thru right away.

arteitaliana
10-11-2001, 03:52 AM
You know, I could never get this etusa page to work for me. Every time I try to access their site my browser freezes up on me.
So I use my on little html template that I saved on notepad and sits on my computer desktop. I do little changes and improvements to the template from time to time, but I don't have any problem loading pictures ( I use the ebay picture loading program) or any other problems. I keep it simple... and everything works fast and well.

Rita;)

timelady
10-11-2001, 05:43 AM
I'm like Rita - I just have a little template in a text programme. Sounds very much like a problem with your listing software (and ebay, but ebay doesn't really care about other people's software). Some other people have had problems since eBay changed the sign-in system, but if it hasn't effected you in the last couple weeks until today then that probably isn't the problem. :( Only suggestion I have is to post the problem on the eBay community forums - in the Auction Listings category.

Tina.

leesmith
10-11-2001, 09:06 AM
Hey Rita and Tina,

This has been happening the last couple of weeks. I'm going back to my original method of listing, as I wasted so much time trying to list or revise. I do have 4 on right now.:D

teresasart
10-11-2001, 09:15 AM
I've never used etusa, but from an HTML standpoint, I'd suggest doing what Rita does and saving an HTML template in notepad. If you did up a page before that you really liked, you can save the source code from that so you don't have to start from scratch. If you work in a variety of mediums, you might want to save a couple of different templates to save you rewriting more of the decription every time. (But then, you may do that already anyway!) Good luck with your listings!!:)

Teresa

CarlyHardy
10-11-2001, 12:54 PM
I have used the Etusa for quite some time, but now I'm writing so much of my html that I've quit using it!

If you have a description that really works for you and it's listed at ebay...right click on the description page (not on an image) and choose View the Source Code. It will appear as html...then copy and paste it into a notepad or other editing program to use as your template.

I did this so that I'd have a frame with background colors that I could change to any color I wanted using the cmyk codes. And also, I can just type in the changes I want and copy/paste it all into the description form at ebay. Etusa was causing me some of the same problems you had...not copying properly at times. I also don't like the way saving files after changing them...doesn't always work properly (or at least like I think it should). I found that I better keep my etusa open in the background when I was ready to upload to ebay so that all my html from etusa was still there if ebay caused me a problem!

I haven't had a problem with listing at ebay, but did have a glitch with my gallery image on the last listing. If you type in your own html for the gallery image...make sure it's correct! I was unable to change mine later...they are having a problem with the site where you can change your gallery image right now.

(Nice to see you at [email protected]'s website! I'll have to check out your new listings!)
carly

leesmith
10-11-2001, 09:25 PM
Hi Carly,

That was a good tip about the right click thingy!

tammy
10-11-2001, 09:27 PM
I also do the same with a html template that sits on my desktop. I only change photo file name and descriptions of my auction.
I haven't had any problems listing today.

Sumafra
10-11-2001, 10:59 PM
I've had all sorts of problems lately but it may just have been my service provider. I have Ebay's 'paintings' category bookmarked and often I can't open it at all. Also, at times I can't do a search on ebay. I never know if it's me or them. I have had no problems for the past week but tonight, it won't work for me. It's very frustrating.

Rita, we're in the same area, are you having problems with your Internet?? Are you with Telus??

leesmith
10-12-2001, 01:27 AM
Hey girls,

And one other thing, my little banner that fmarsh did for me, I copied and pasted into the listing, changed the ( to < but all 4 pix did not show up just 1 did. And I don't know why.

And to Rita:

You've got some great bids going on! Is the fmarsh bidding our fmarsh???

arteitaliana
10-12-2001, 01:28 AM
my phone is with Telus...my server is radiant.net and I alway have problem loading the full ebay painting page because I think is a problem of computer memory or things like that.... I don't have problems with searches though....
I am having a problem at the moment because of my stupidity: I used (/) slashes to separate the words in my titles and....the single words do not come up in search because the title has become all one word!! I discovered this only last night and could have kicked myself. I have been doing this for at least 3 weeks!! Arrrghhhh!! also there is nothing I can do because the listings already have bids.:crying:
So...take my suggestions with a grain od salt from now on....I have been known to make big mistakes.

Rita

tammy
10-12-2001, 02:05 AM
You know, I did have trouble with my counter not showing up when I viewed my auctions. It was a off and on thing.
eBay does maintence on Fridays. Maybe they are preparing to do that or something.

fmarsh
10-12-2001, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by leesmith
Hey girls,

And one other thing, my little banner that fmarsh did for me, I copied and pasted into the listing, changed the ( to < but all 4 pix did not show up just 1 did. And I don't know why.

And to Rita:

You've got some great bids going on! Is the fmarsh bidding our fmarsh???

Lee, Try a > at the end of each pic line. I have put the code in a pic and attached it. You put in what I gave you OK. The code I gave you works OK in Wetcanvas and other places, but obviously not on Ebay<br>

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2001/leecode.jpg <br>

Yes it is moi bidding for more Ritas. I have 2 Ritas already and another would not go astray. Before Rita becomes rich and famous I need to corner the market. lol I have been overbid earlier today, but I may not be finished yet. SSSSShhhhhhh don't tell Carly that, as she has been competing with me. Also bid on one of Jeff Cohens but that lasted about 10 minutes before the price trebled. I need to sell to pay for all I want to buy. Unfortunately the selling is not going as well as the buying. Do they take IOUs on Ebay, they really are a bit like paypal. Believe me :D <p>

If the code doesnt work, email me at [email protected] We will get it going.<p>
Fred

CarlyHardy
10-12-2001, 01:09 PM
SO!! You're one of the culprits that keep outbidding me!

I laughed when I saw your comment about Jeff Cohen's art! I bid on one of his really small paintings about a month ago...and checked it the next day! Wow, the price had more than doubled...and it sold at $995!! A little out of my budget...lol. But like you, I can at least say I was in the bidding (I just won't say where!)
carly;)

arteitaliana
10-12-2001, 02:05 PM
For Lee:
this is a site where you can try your html code:
http://www.dirthurts.com/html/index.php3
It's has been very handy for me and I am finally learning a bit of it.

To Fred and Carly:
I am really flattered that you both like my work!!
The new listings are doing quite well, thanks to your generous bids. I bet Cohen is worried about the competition now! ( I wish!)LOL!!
:clap:

tammy
10-12-2001, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Rita Monaco
I am really flattered that you both like my work!!
The new listings are doing quite well, thanks to your generous bids. I bet Cohen is worried about the competition now! ( I wish!)LOL!!
:clap:
Darn it, why am I always broke! I wanna own a famous Artists work too! :D