PDA

View Full Version : Nice People??

Bangs
08-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi knowledgeable Bead Buyers,

I got a card in the mail today from Nice People Co. Inc advertising their show schedule. They'll be in the Chicago area on August 21 (and not Aug 28 at the Whole Bead Show). Have any of you ever been to one of the Nice People Co. bead shows?? Their web site doesn't help me much:

www.nicepeople4U.com

Thanks for your help!

tamjai
08-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Brenda - being from canada, i haven't heard of them but, am replying so that this thread gets bumped up and perhaps hear more about it! :D
tam

JAM Creations
08-03-2004, 11:15 PM
I've been to one of their shows--a bit pricey--but if you can get in on the wholesale price break not to bad. Take a friend & check out together to get the wholesale. That's what I did--they were okay with it! LOL

jodie

debkauz
08-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Brenda,
I know nothing about them, but I am going to be right out in that area on that day, so I think I will find out! No money to spend right now, but I can look for free!!! :evil: Thanks for the link.

Deb

Penguintrax
08-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Brenda,

Even at the $300/$300 deal is his prices are quite high when you consider
that there are spacers between each bead, so you don't get a full 16" of
beads. As an example, I have some 8mm Swarovski Siam Bicone from him that
(at the 1/2 off price) work out to be 72 cents each. I have some of the same
crystals from Artgems and paid 33 cents a bead. And that's taking into
account shipping costs.

He does have a fabulous array of things - but be sure to calculate the per
piece cost before spending you money. You can usually find the same things
online for much less.

Bangs
08-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Barbara, thanks for the insight :) If I go, I'll certainly keep what you've said in mind.

Thanks all (and thanks for the *bump* tam). Deb, if you do check it out, let us know what you think.

debkauz
08-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Barbara,
Good point. I never really even thought about that. :rolleyes: I will probably go to the show and I'll let you guys know what I thoughtof it.
D

Lori-O
08-17-2004, 03:04 PM
They were here in Indy earlier this summer. About 5 of us split a 300 order so we were able to get twice as much as we normally would have, without spending over $100.

Anyway.. The "best buy" from them, relatively speaking, are the vintage Swarovski crystals. They're SO beautiful and potentially valuable in a uniform strand! If you can afford to buy them and hoard them for several years, you might double their value. I would have bought more, but they were priced higher and I didn't know what they were until we were checking out.