PDA

View Full Version : Fraidy WIP (need some help)

BlackTigr
08-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Hi, folks. This is my first time in this forum, and my first WIP in a long time.

I am starting a new artistic endeavor and I need a bit of assistance. One night, several weeks ago, the Muse did drop into my lap about 7 11x14 comic scenes for me to ink.

Now, of course, not being entirely mad, I did not try to ink them all at once, and they lay in my art directory scoffing at all attempts to do so.

Not having done anything of the sort, I kinda need fresh eyes because I am just about going nuts with this scene. Anyone got any pointers to share?

--BT

Axl
08-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Hey BT!! long time no see!

Question for you before I suggest anything - what are you inking these with? Are you using pen? Brushes and washes? Or doing this with your tablet on your computer? Maybe you could describe what you've been doing up to this point?

BlackTigr
08-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Actually, I am basically doing a mixture of digital programs on this one. I do the smudgy stuff in PSP and the antialias stuff in Painter. Though I still haven't found anything that works exactly like a pen to just go *over* my pencil work. The main character in this scene just isn't coming out right, and that's most of the reason why I keep putting it down and not getting back to it. If I could find the pencil scan, I'd show you, but the problem is that I just reinstalled, and I think that was one of the things on my desktop that got erased.

So maybe that's the next step. Show the pencil work.

--BT

AFM159
08-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Ahhh the Muse....she be funny, eh?...truly a dark sense of humor sometimes...

I can't tell you how many times I've been working on a piece thinking "Man, this bites, hard!" till the last few steps and then....BAM....it all comes together in a rush.....

so, maybe just keep working it, even if you think it sucks, then rework it again if you have too...