PDA

View Full Version : Show 'n Tell Tuesday

Cyndi L
08-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Here's what I made yesterday while waiting for my new seedbeads to arrive...

And here's a link to a larger pix:

http://www.mazeltovjewelry.com/spring-floral-lg.jpg

:)

AutumnH
08-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Here is the latest bracelet from me.

McDuck
08-03-2004, 11:17 AM
Cyndi and Rona, very nice indeed!
-Mary

Cyndi L
08-03-2004, 12:21 PM
I love the way you used the ribbon in that Rona! It's so feminine.

BBsBaubles
08-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Wow!
Cindy, if that's what you do waiting on seed beads, what can you accomplish when you wait for the big beads?!!!

Autumn, it's unanimous...what you did with the ribbon creates a beautiful effect!

Here are a couple of mine. The lampwork comes from WC's GinaJ.

Cyndi L
08-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Oh how cool! I love those diamond-shaped beads. Both pieces are really pretty :)

Andee
08-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Cindy - nice work! :)

Rona - great bracelet, the ribbon fits nicely! :)

Beth - lovely bracelets, I especially like the second one! :)

I too have a bracelet - tiny (some of the smallest I ever made) lampwork beads, frosted silver lined seed beads, ss and freshwater pearls.

zyffyr
08-03-2004, 05:06 PM
All very nice. I especially like Cyndi's danglies. I'm new to this forum. I'm glad they added this catagory. Terralyn

somk
08-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Gorgeous bracelets and neclaces all ! Those diamond pillows are absolutely adorable, Beth and I dig that elegant and nifty ribbon, Rona.

Welcome to the WA board, Terralyn ! :clap: your thread about forensic art is highly interesting, I'll roam there as well from now on *so many things to do, so few braincells...*

Jacinthe
08-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Gorgeous Stuff Everyone!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Cyndi L
08-03-2004, 06:28 PM
I too have a bracelet - tiny (some of the smallest I ever made) lampwork beads, frosted silver lined seed beads, ss and freshwater pearls.

Love the colors Andee! Looks great with the silver :)

tamjai
08-03-2004, 08:29 PM
am loving what i see
these S&T posts really help when you're in need of inspiration thanks cyndi, rona (love the blue lampwork), beth and andee.
couple of things from me tonight. the first is a pendant i haven't figured out what to do with yet bead -wise, the second is an egyptian paste pendant with turquoise and hill tribe silver. Haven't decided yet if egyptian paste is my thing or not, it is way brighter than i expected.
tam

BBsBaubles
08-03-2004, 08:36 PM
Thank you everyone for the great feedback on my first post to Wearable Art.

Welcome Terralyn! I'm new too and I've found this to be a great place full of wonderful, supportive people and more eyecandy than you can shake a stick at. Enjoy!

Cyndi L
08-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Haven't decided yet if egyptian paste is my thing or not, it is way brighter than i expected.
tam

Wow...it's really neat looking though. What color, texture, etc did you expect it to be? And what is it anyway? :) I've never heard of Egyptian paste. Inquiring minds want to know!

tamjai
08-03-2004, 10:05 PM
cyndi - egyptian paste is a low-fire (^06) self-glazing clay. Which means this, as the clay dries, salts rise to the surface which become the glaze. I expected it to be earthier looking, with fewer speckles, instead of the vibrant turquoise. Mind you, I am using a commercial blend, if i were to experiment i'm sure i could come up with the variations i've seen in the past - i'm just so impatient!! :D
tam

zyffyr
08-04-2004, 12:50 AM
What the heck. Here's one of my creations. I used gold filled wire, jasper and Swar. crystal to set off the lampworked bead. Terralyn

Cyndi L
08-04-2004, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the info Tam. I was wondering if Eqyptian paste was the same thing as faience, but I guess not. I think faience is high-firing, since it ends up with an almost glass-like finish. I could be totally wrong about this though.

Anyone else know?

Cyndi L
08-04-2004, 08:37 AM
What the heck. Here's one of my creations. I used gold filled wire, jasper and Swar. crystal to set off the lampworked bead. Terralyn

This is beautiful Terralyn! The alt text says "gift for Mom"...I'll bet she'll love it :)

Cyndi L
08-04-2004, 08:37 AM

This is beautiful Terralyn! The alt text says "gift for Mom"...I'll be she'll love it :)