PDA

View Full Version : "Evolutionary Descent"

Jan-Michael
10-10-2001, 06:43 PM
Photoshop and Bryce4

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Oct-2001/ED.jpg

sukantsaran
10-11-2001, 12:29 AM
I like it. The colours and the forms are well chosen. There is an engaging contrast of suggested motion (in terms of speed and quality) in the left and the right parts of the picture. It should look very good if displayed as a large painting or a hoarding.

I think you should not give titles to your works. They restrict the viewer. I have never believed in the evolutionary paradigm anyway. It is just a theory, after all. Your work has much more scope for varied interpretation. Thanks for sharing.

Jan-Michael
10-11-2001, 05:59 AM
Thanks sukantsaran you make some interesting points there.. maybe the next one I post I will leave the title out :)

reynolds
10-13-2001, 09:35 PM
i like titles and a little explanation in that they allow me a slightly deeper look into the creator. i can both allow myself to see it as the creator envisioned or titled it and then step out of that box, if you will, and see it with my perspective. this said, i can honor the earlier sentiment too. one thing about humans is that we have innumerable opinions and thoughts on many many things. makes this thing called life (art) interesting.