PDA

View Full Version : Wear its - Monday, 2.8.04

Andee
08-02-2004, 07:38 AM
Good morning, you sleepyheads! ;)

Where were you all during the weekend? Hardly anything at the s&ts, gosh, I missed ya! :)

Actually I don't have any time at all - gotta dash in a minute, I'll have a job interview (lost my job 7 months ago so I kinda need a new one...) in less than 90 minutes. A bit of finger crossing wouldn't be too bad! ;)

Have a nice day y'all!

GardensOnGlass
08-02-2004, 08:25 AM
Fingers are crossed, Andee.

Beautiful, sunny summer day here, YEA! I'm working on my ladybug exchange project today & also on some painted stained glass garden markers for TJ's nurses. They had sent us a lovely card to let us know they were thinking of us & I've had this idea in the back of my mind. We'll see how they come out.

Good day to all who follow!

debkauz
08-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Mornin' Andee and Lori and all who follow,
At work again today. The weekend was terrible--thank the gods I had Sunday off. It's not too bad today and I hope it stays that way. I'm in charge again, and that always means trouble! :rolleyes:

Andee, I will keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you. Good luck!

Lori, what a thoughtful thing for you to do. As a nurse, I really can relate to how good it makes us feel to have families remember us. With all that you went through, it's pretty incredible that you even want to think about the nurses. I love seeing the picture of your son when I see your posts. I think about you a lot and wonder how things are going for you. You really are in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you.

Deb

Gingerbiscuit
08-02-2004, 10:08 AM
I love seeing the picture of your son when I see your posts.

I agree. What a fabulous smile.

Hello Andee, Lori and Deb! The very best of luck Andee!

Hi to all who follow. :)

Andee
08-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks you guys, you can uncross your fingers again - that job wasn't really "it", I absolutely can't picture myself doing it... Oh well, better luck next time...

Deb - can I have a pic of that eye crossing? ;)

Lori - I can't really imagine how you must feel as I don't have kids, but just reading your signature line brings tears to my eyes... [[[hugs]]]

Barrie
08-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Good morning! Andee, too bad about the job, hopefully the next one is 'it'! Lori, big hugs. I can't even imagine what you've gone through. What a thoughtful thing to do for the nurses (show us a pic when they're done!!). Deb, too bad about the weekend, good thing it's over! :) Waving at Lynne across the 'Pond'!!!
It's a holiday today for us, BC Day, I have no idea what it means, just that the dh gets an extra day off work, and we all got to sleep in!! :clap: I'm stil working diligently on stuff for this weekend's show. I think I've become obsessed with Melanie's moon faces (Earthenwood). I'm working on about 4 different ones now, and they should all be finished today! :clap: Dh helped me yesterday by sanding a bucket load of ring shanks so I can just whip the bezels together and solder them on (after as many as I've done, yes, it's 'whip the bezels together'!!). Let's see, a trip to Staples today (so it's a holiday, but nothing closes, go figure!), and possibly Home Depot, then back here to work, work, work!!! Have a wonderful one, all of you!!!!

Lori-O
08-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Sorry, I need to catch up on some things! Andi, I'll say a little prayer for you. I know how hard it is to lose a job, even if it lets you do more of what you love most. There's still that darn practical side of life to consider! Ugh! Lori, Hugs to you, too! Don't know everything, but sounds as if you lost TJ. I'm sorry. I don't have children, and have never lost anyone close to me, and as I get older, I dread that more and more. What a loving tribute. So Barrie, you're making bezels with the moonfaces (that was my nickname when I was little with a pixie haircut - moonface!) How very kewl!

I am so scatter-brained that I got the times for two doctor appts mixed up, so I "got" to stay home this morning and get to leave work on time! lol! I've given myself two years to find something that works for my depression. I've struggled with it for 20 years, but it has gotten worse in the last 4 years. If I can't feel good about the quality of my work (as a tech writer) in two years, I will file for disability. I'm immune to almost everything they give me. There's a lot of other things to try within 2 years, though. But, I've bought SO much stuff to keep me busy if it comes to that I should be able to supplement my income a bit by working at home! I'll find out more tonight at the counselor. It will be our first visit (Lord knows I've seen my share of shrinks, and I was a psych major). My GP says he's one of the best in the country, and I trust my GP 100% so we'll see.

Sorry for the long story! I'm not calling a pitty-party! I really am trying to be hopeful. And, If I can be hopeful, anybody can!

So.. here's to a little hope for everybody's day!

GardensOnGlass
08-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Thank you all for your kind words, you're such a terrific group! I will post pics when they're finished (though I am techno challenged).

Lori, Effexor XR worked wonders for me for a couple of years. Had a nervous breakdown a couple of years ago (I called it a "difficult time" at the time). The effexor helped tremendously. We've tried many anti-depressants here at the Michaud house, there's depression from both sides. We've had Paxil, Zoloft, Wellbutrin and a few others along the way for one or another of us. Hope all goes well for you. There's always hope. TJ had bi-polar disorder, depression, anxiety and a host of other neuro-biological issues. He never gave up & kept pushing forward.

DonnaBee
08-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone! Look! I am posting at 12 noon, and not 12 midnight! LOL!!!! (That's not to say I won't be back at midnight tonight :p )

Good luck Andee!!!!!!! Let us know....

I too love seeing handsome TJ in your tinyhead Lori! And his smile....

Lori-O:

I really feel for you.... I take Effexor for many years now. It really helps me tremendously.

I will tell you a bit about DH Brian. He filed for Social Security Disability, I don't think he minds me talking about it (everyone in town knows! lol)

Anyway, he has major depression with anxiety attacks. It got to where he just couldn't do his job any more. He was making extensive lists for simple things, whereas before he was so sharp mentally in his line of work - (many people may not know the mental capacity you need to do the autobody repair, especially the heavy collision work Brian did).

Brian was so talented, and so good at what he did. He tried so hard to keep it together and continue his career. He also liked what he did. It was a beautiful thing, to see the cars he fixed. He never cut any corners (he is a perfectionist and this actually contributed to his breakdown.) So many people are in safe cars out there on the road thanks to him. He always went above and beyond the call of duty to do quality repairs, and make the cars safe.

But last December, after years and years of this career, he began having troubles. He just couldn't do it anymore, his brain wasn't working properly anymore. They thought he was bipolar for awhile. I am not sure his exact diagnoses, but I think it is major depression with associated anxiety.

Anyway, his doctors supported his filing for the disability, and Brian was approved on his first application. (He was no longer working when he applyed, I think that makes a difference if you get approved as well.) It took four months to get an answer with his case, and he will begin getting his benefits in September. The last day he worked was in March. But, we made it!!! And we are taking good care of Brian's mental health.

From what I have been told, it all depends on your doctor that you have when you apply. I want to wish you good luck Lori, you aren't alone!!! It's a wrenching decision process sometimes, I do know! Just remember that mental health is just as important as physical health.

Lori-O
08-02-2004, 11:54 PM
<<I don't want to make this a depression thread, since there are whole boards (usually very depressing ones, ar, ar, ar!) for that, but I just want to respond to the encouragement I received today. Hey, at least I still have my sense of humor!>>

Wow! Thank you for your support and peronal stories! I know I'm not alone.. there are about 3 million of us, trying to live in a world that just dosen;t understand.

I was really encouraged by my counseling session, and even more when my dad and I had a HUGE "let it out" session after 3 years of build up. At first all I could do was laugh. Then I realized that there are so many things he dosen't even (or couldn't possibly) understand about me, and likewise. His concerns are real, but petty in comparison to the passionate ideas I was trying to communicate. I cried for about an hour, now I feel better.

I'm supposed to journal for the next two weeks, which I HATE! So I'm charging you guys, and others to keep reminding me to journal! That's the best thing you could do to help me.

I love you guys! Sometimes I think that you just gotta say that to people you appreciate because it's just the right thing to do!

Take care!

Lori