PDA

View Full Version : More Gaffer!

Toni Lutman
08-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Boy, am I loving this glass! I'm finding that I'm using color combinations that I would never have tried before.

Some of my pictures still need work, but I'm starting to figure out the camera a little better.

The last one is my favorite of this batch.

Toni

encantado
08-02-2004, 12:24 AM
They are all very pretty- My favorite is the second one!!!

TwistNglass
08-02-2004, 12:32 AM
My Gosh Toni, those are gorgeous!!! They look like museum pieces. That photography is great and those colors..... OMG! Way to go girl! :clap:

Rose

Moth
08-02-2004, 12:34 AM
This glass and your beads make me want to upgrade my torch so I can play too. LOL, and it is the only thing that has made me feel that way in about 8 months.

My favorite is the 4th picture you posted. Mata Hari.

Gorgeous work...keep showing.

~~Mary

Moth
08-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Have any shaping tips for the bicone-impaired, like me? ;)

Toni Lutman
08-02-2004, 12:43 AM

Two words. Jim Smircich. I took his two day class at Arrow Springs in March. Best money I could have spent.

I'm PM'ing you.

Toni

ValorieCox
08-02-2004, 01:21 AM
ooh Toni, it's the last one has me mesmerized. Powerful use of color, simply.
Very nice! Valorie

kybeadmaker
08-02-2004, 01:49 AM
Beutiful beads Toni...I love gaffer cane. Your beads have so much color...which always makes me smile. I agree with your comment about Jim. I took his class twice. The first time I had been making beads less than a year and I learned a lot from him...but the second time I was more confident that I could at least get the glass on the mandrel, and he opened up a whole new world for me. He is the master of shaping glass !!!!

dinotots
08-02-2004, 02:39 AM
Toni,
Those are gorgeous! I love the bright colors. I think my favorites are the first 2, but then purple is my favorite color LOL.

Doreen

Aleta
08-02-2004, 04:06 AM
Cooleo!

dogsrlove
08-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Brava Toni! :clap: Those are gorgeous!

Didn't you have a website in the works?

Vanessa

Toni Lutman
08-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks everyone. Val's frit does most of the work ;)

Brava Toni! :clap: Those are gorgeous!

Didn't you have a website in the works?

Vanessa

Vanessa, I'm working on it (or someone is working on it for me, :rolleyes: at least at first) I've never done a website before, so I wanted help with the initial setup. Once I have something up, I'll post it here for any suggestions.

Toni

!ngridh
08-02-2004, 09:37 PM
smircich!
and if you can't get to a class with him tomorrow just buy his video.
You can always sell it when you are done...I have done that with lots of videos...but this one...is just too good... I took a private lesson in april of 02 and got the video at the end of 03. I lent it to someone and got it back a couple of months ago and ......that did it for me...Smircich is the master!

You will NOT be sorry if you order his video!

sarakay
08-02-2004, 10:05 PM
smircich!
and if you can't get to a class with him tomorrow just buy his video.

I agree! A Jim Smirchich class is a great class to take. Just to listen to him describe reading heat in a bead is worth the cost.
sara

cankeep
08-03-2004, 09:01 AM
I haven't taken his class but Ingrid was kind enough to lend me her video and I played it over and over.....it's great! (Thanks a bunch for letting me borrow it!)
I think it's one that I'd still re-play every now and then if I still had it. I always picked up one more little tip that I'd missed before every time I saw it
I can just imagine how much you could get from a class with him!

The gaffer beads are really gorgeous! Love that purple! Actually I love all the colors and the way the gaffer glass makes little currents that seem to ripple through the bead. So much movement in these beads!