PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At ~ Sunday August 1

MadameKali
08-01-2004, 05:28 AM
Good morning, all!

Well, this has been a busy busy weekend--unfortunately NOT full of jewelry-making, but other productive and fun things. Friday, I took a "me" day and hung out with friends and spent all my "fun" money (read: tips!). I saw Shrek 2 FINALLY (I LOVE Puss in Boots!!!), went over to a friend's and watched Bubba Ho-Tep and American Psycho, and then went to my favorite club. Saturday, I WORKED! As usual! I think I'm booked up every Saturday for the rest of my life, lol! I also fixed my old desktop monster tonight, so I finally have a computer that I don't have to rig up to use. And today, blessed quiet Sunday, today is the day I have off. I will hopefully do some productive things, like rephotographing jewelry and cleaning my room!! If I'm ambitious enough, maybe even some laundry!

So what are you all up to today?

Gingerbiscuit
08-01-2004, 07:03 AM
Morning Susie! (For me it's afternoon in one minute!) Hello to everyone who checks in later. I'm having a quiet weekend. I want to make a bracelet later. Have a great day!

TheBlueBetween
08-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi Susie and Lynne! And everyone else who follows... :)

My trip to the Gathering yesterday was fun - Luke made me late for the train (by just a couple minutes!) so I had to drive to Porland - but it was ok - at least I got to listen to *my* music for a change! I got to meet Shirley, Lois and Nancy and Nancy's friend Paula who I didn't realize till after that it must have been the Paula of the Purple Necklace that we all loved... They were all wonderful! Shirley seemed a bit surprised that I brough her Lush Garden necklace with me and so I told her she could open it later when it was quiet. It was all so overwhelming though - so many beautiful glass beads and jewelry everywhere... I met Stephanie Sersich and bought one of her bracelets. If I hadn't done that I probably would have bought one of Kate McKinnon's or Gail Crosman Moore's pieces... (!) I love my bracelet so much though - it goes with every color I wear except for bright red! And then I bought some glass and mandrels (and then was Out of Money and Done).

BTW, Nancy's jewelry that she made to go with her Chico's blouse was FABULOUS!!! I don't know if she ever posted the finished pieces here but it was stunning! In fact - that's how I recognized her!! LOL! :)

So now, I'm just DYING to go make some beads!!!! It's not going to happen today unfortunately though because DH is at a glass blowing workshop (which he is loving!) and then we have the company picnic which is really great - it's like going to a fair with rides for kids and all kinds of great food...

Hope everyone has a great day!

:) Pam

Barrie
08-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Good morning (or afternoon, wherever you may be!). It's been a fairly productive weekend so far, but I still have tons to do. I'll post my finished pendants later, today it's rings, rings, rings!!! Pam, I'm so jealous!! Not only did you get to go to the Gathering, you got to meet so many great people!!! Wow!! And how about a picture of that Stephanie Sersich bracelet?!? We wanna see!!! Suzie, sound slike you had a great time! Are you really sure you want to do laundry after all that fun? :evil: Lynne, don't forget to show us your bracelet when you're done!!

Well, I suppose I should get started!! Have a fun productive one everybody!!

TheBlueBetween
08-01-2004, 12:12 PM
And how about a picture of that Stephanie Sersich bracelet?!? We wanna see!!!

I knew someone was going to ask! Here it is - not the best picture, but... still - and hey, I see a bright red bead - I think maybe this thing goes with red even too! :clap: :clap:

somk
08-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Hi all and I hope you have a great sunday !

By Zeus, Pam this bracelet is adorable ! I would so love to go to a meeting like that... Anyone in the Montreal area ? Should we start something ? :p

Barrie, I hope you'll post picts of your work when you're done. I love to see your gorgeous rings, always ! (I'm sure we all do)

Here, weather is HOT and damp, tedious to say the least. I've moved all my workshop thing back into the house, under AC.. No way I solder something when it's hot like hell and I don't even talk about playing around with wax !
Mission for today : Go see "The Village" and play around with that faboo silver wire and beads weaving tutorial fro Eni Oken's site. :clap:

Have fun, all !

~So

artbabe21
08-01-2004, 06:24 PM
wow........that bracelet is gorgeous! I don't see a lot of difference from the fringe bracelet just the clasp which is what? :)

TheBlueBetween
08-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Hi Cathleen :)

You are right - it's very similar in appearance to the fringe bracelets that Kate McKinnon makes - but it's a much different technique. Kate's are strung on softflex and then the fringe is sewn in on beading thread on top of the base beads, and Stephanie's style is made using waxed linen cord and knotted macreme. The clasp is a loop and button (or bead).

They are both Very Cool :clap: :clap:

Stephanie's site: http://www.sssbeads.com/index.html
Kate's site: http://www.katemckinnon.com

:) Pam

artbabe21
08-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Pam, thanks so much for letting me know the difference...I could see the clasp was different, but wasn't sure how it was done. They are both very awesome bracelets.
I have one row of the Kate bracelet done.....but summer's been so busy I have't as yet finished.

PBrown
08-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Hi Cathleen,

Is there instructions somewhere to make this bracelet?

Penny