PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 8/1 Show & Tell...It's August!!

Briatha
08-01-2004, 02:49 AM
It's almost 2AM on the East Coast so I thought I'd get us started before going beddie bye & dreaming of beadies ;)

Etched Black & Periwinkle,Aqua & Mint

Jan.C
08-01-2004, 04:29 AM
I'll join you Briatha, I do enjoy your bead sets. Here are three of my Dragon Fly beads, with dichroic wings, they dont show up in the pic.
Jan

Jacinthe
08-01-2004, 07:45 AM
Briatha - Lovely little sets!

Jan - OH MY GOD! Those are some amazingly adoreable dragonfly beads!

Now where is the rest of the eye candy?

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

beachbeads
08-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Good morning,
Briatha, lovely hearts, I always enjoy looking at your beads.
Jan, beautiful flowers and dragonflies.
I haven't shown any beads for quite awhile, and have a few photo's. ( Thread hog) I have been playing with my Northstar sampler Amanda sent me as a RAGK and I am hooked. I want more boro!! Especially the amber colors. The third bead and the shell are both Northstar boro beads, and the first 2 are Moretti with lots of frits and silver. Good night to all, Sheila

starlightdesigns
08-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Good morning, all! Yippee! It's August!!! My girls get home from Florida in ONE WEEK!!! Oh, how I have missed them!!!!!!!!

Love all the glass beauties this morning... So nice with my morning coffee and danish...

I haven't been overly thrilled with what I've done this week, but here a few I do like. It was nice having my DH home all week to be with Ginny while I got to make beads.

I call these my Tigger beads. Orange, black and white Moretti...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2004/37248-dls146.jpg

These are simply opalino carnelian with transparent lavender rose over it. Makes a great yummy "cherry quartz" color...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2004/37248-dls150.jpg

These are some florals, with trans. medium amethyst and light grass green over a white core. The flowers are pale pink, but they're so pale they look white.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2004/37248-dls151.jpg

And finally, my latest... More fun with my tungsten pick, in all sorts of browns, opal yellow, powder pink, black and white.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2004/37248-dls152.jpg

Today's another bead day, yay!!! But, DH leaves for his construction job in Ft. Smith in the morning... Boo hoo!!!

Have a great day, folks!

kybeadmaker
08-01-2004, 11:28 AM
August ?...hard to believe. Lovely beads this morning. I have been using my presses and Val's gaffer cane. The first picture is of beads done using Corina's pill-shaped press, and the second picture is also on another thread, and is made with the Zooziis pillow press and Val's gaffer cane, silver foil and frits. Have a great day everyone!
Harriet

amealer
08-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Lots and lots of pretty, inspirational beads! So many ideas, so little time....

I finally had a chance to get in some good torch time yesterday. After talking with Shawn and getting some pointers (along with using her Organic Tutorial), I've been on an organic bead kick. Here are a few I did yesterday; I'm much more pleased with these than my past efforts. Thanks, Shawn! Some of them are a little "wonky", but I'll work on that later.

I used Moretti glass (ivory, transparents and intense black) along with SIS and silver leaf.

Allen

StefaniBeads
08-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Faith - I love the way you shape your hearts! :cool:

Jan - So sweet, I love 'em! I'll bet the dichroic for the wings is lovely, wow! :)

Sheila - I love your work, you do that organic thing good! :D

Debby - Tigger beads! How cute! :D I like the results you're getting using the pick, I don't trust myself to do that though! I'll drag everything off the mandrel, lol! :rolleyes:

Harriet - Gorgeous like always! I especially love the deep and rich colors in the bottom set! :)

Allen - I love these beads - the SIS and teal is wonderful! That inspires me to go play, wish me luck! :rolleyes: ;)

Here's some of my latest. This is only a small portion of what I've been doing on my 10 day long medical leave. I'm halfway through that so there will be more.....

There's Copper Ruby - copper ruby frit over amber rose and Spectrum Adobe, "Greenstones" but not over the usual black base, opaque ruby gold over Spectrum mauve, and working on dots, the TP roll supports have helped me bunches! :)

jujeebeads
08-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Faith~ very nice heart bead sets!
Jan~ Adorable dragon fly beads!
Sheila~ very cool boro beads, love the "earthiness"
Debby! Nice bead sets, love the Tigger!
Harriet~ beautiful colors (and beads!), the gaffer cane is soooo cool!
Allen~ great organics!
Lisa~ you snuck in on my slooow typing! Lots of fun with frit, great beads!

Jeeees, it seems like forever since I posted! Then it seems like forever since I have made beads (5 days!). But I have been busy making things WITH my beads, so here are a few of my designs!
Judy :cat:

Patch
08-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Here is my first batch of annealed beads with no casualty! :clap: :clap: How hard it is not to peak inside the kiln while it's hot!

Denise

AlexM
08-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Lovely beads today!

Here's my contribution for the day.

double S
08-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Wonderful beads today.
Here are my offering to the goddess ebay tonight
Indian Corn- transparent green, purple, rubino with yellow stringer
Lemon-lime-- ivory, goldstone, green and yellow transparent
Purple Flurp--don't ask if you have kids you probably know already various purples and uranium yellow pastel
Tortiseshell-- opaline yellow and oseclot spots
Lisa S

boobiebeads
08-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Jan those DF beads are so beautiful, I have a special place in my heart for them.

I just got my pillow press yesterday and these are my first attempt at using it, man I love that little press. The beads are not cleaned yet I was just so excited to take pics of them. :D

Dream Fire
08-01-2004, 02:26 PM
At the risk of sounding repetitive.
Great beads everyone :clap:
Jan C. you dragonflies are wonderful.

I am still on a organic/alchemy jag. I was feeling a little southwest-ish. I really like the effect of cooking the snot out of the Dk Ivory.

Sam

Moth
08-01-2004, 03:20 PM
What a glorious Sunday Show and Tell!

Awesome fish and flowers and ocean waves. Lisa's stellar dots bead. Simply gorgeous!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I had the wonderful opportunity to torch for almost 9 hours yesterday! HEAVEN!

Here are a few of what came out of the kiln this morning.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2004/24464-pinkgoldstonefloralsideo.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2004/24464-safarivioletssideo.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2004/24464-violetfloralfaceo.JPG

Have a torchy day!
~~Mary

emmadogdesigns
08-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Great show & tell today! :clap: Jan, I loev dragonflies and those beads are making me drool...Alex, love your colors on the blue/ivory-ish set!

I've been playing with all different colors, so haven't really gotten much in the way of sets...I like these though. They're amethyst base with abstract willy-nilyy type of strokes of violet and lavender lines and dots...They totally remind me of camouflage! Purple, of course! You could wear them and disappaer into your purple garden :p

Keep the pretties coming!

CalmWaterStudio
08-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Happy August everyone!

I've been making a "family of kitties" this weekend... a lady wanted cats in her grandchildren's birthstone colors. Here's a "stray..."

emmadogdesigns
08-01-2004, 11:21 PM
Gigi-- that kitten is darling! It just made me have to smile :) . Thanks for sharing!

Juls
08-01-2004, 11:48 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome eye candy as usual yall!

I played seed beads all weekend so I am really itching for the torch tomorrow...thanks for all the inspirational pics!!

Have a great week!!