PDA

View Full Version : Wear Its At - July 31, 2004

tamjai
07-30-2004, 05:48 PM
i didn't take this pic, it's from our local paper. It's the mexican naval barque (??)Cuauhtemoc - cool huh? there was some discussion about acadians yesterday - there are two acadian events here and lot's of folks from louisiana! one event is the 400th anniversary celebration/reunion and the other is the annual Grou Tyme on right now with lot's of cajun music -Barbara - the area of NS that you were maybe thinking about is Grande Pre, land of evangeline and it is gorgeous. more to come later!
tam

Hiway
07-30-2004, 06:19 PM
i didn't take this pic, it's from our local paper. It's the mexican naval barque (??)Cuauhtemoc - cool huh? tam

"Cool" is one term..... "exceedingly romantic" is another. So beautiful. I've had a chance to see the Tall Ships in Halifax, New York City and Boston; they take my breath away. (If I tried to cross the ocean in one of those things, they'd likely take more than my breath away..... I'm thinking lunch, dinner.....)

I'll bet they could inspire some really gorgeous nautical themed jewellery! :)

Best to you,

Claudia (who is seriously thinking of moving to NS next spring....)

beclectic
07-31-2004, 08:36 AM
Big News!

My DS, Mark's, x-girlfriend called last night and told Mark that their daughter had been born on the 28th. She also told him that there was a picture of the baby on the hospital site. I'm posting that here. Her name is Marissa Renae Browning and she was 19.5" long and weighted 6 lbs. 6 oz. It is funny how much she looks like Mark did. The first thing I said when they showed him to me was "Look at the nose on that kid." Marissa's nose isn't as big as Mark's was but it is the same nose. She looks a lot like Mark's father across the mouth. I'm a grandmother for the first time.

Needless to say I'm on my way to Kokomo and I won't have computer access. I need to talk to my boss and see if I can get Monday and Tuesday off but if I can't I'll be back on Sun., otherwise I'll be back on Tuesday.

Hugs to everyone,

Andee
07-31-2004, 09:55 AM
Hi Barbara and all those who'll follow!

Welcome to the world, Marissa Renae, and congrats, Barbara, to your first grandchild! :)

A couple of days ago I complained about the rain, and now it's WAY too hot here. Made a couple of headpins at the torch and was soaked afterwards, urrgh!

Wishing you all a fun weekend!

artbabe21
07-31-2004, 11:34 AM
Tamjai......your thread on the ship is OT for this forum and belongs in the chat thread, moving it there now, please try to place them there in the future...:)

artbabe21
07-31-2004, 11:38 AM
Congrats Barbaba!! What a beautiful babe!! Happy you will get to go, that new first bonding with gram is SO important!! :)

Barrie
07-31-2004, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the world Marissa!! Barbara, congratulations!! She's gorgeous!!! Enjoy you trip!!

I'm with you Andee! WAY TOO HOT!!! We tried to go shopping last night, need a few things, and my dh, ds, his g/f & I all endedup so grouchy, we didn't get much shopping done!! LOL! So dh & I are going to go again tonight (after dinner when it cools a bit), then to a movie. Thank goodness Walmart is open late on Saturdays!! As to what movie we'll see, not sure yet. Dh says something with lots of violence - typical male! :D

Okay, I have to get back to work! Have a splendid day everyone!!!

GardensOnGlass
07-31-2004, 01:00 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, Barbara! What wonderful news!

Barrie & Andee, we will not complain about warm weather in the Wearable Art Forum!!!!! :D Today is only the second day this summer that the temp has climbed past 80 here in Maine. There was a bit of humidity yesterday and this morning and I loved having the sweat roll down my back. Now, many days in a row of the humidity would drive me nuts, but summer's almost over & it's just getting here! I figure about the time the kids go back to school at the beginning of Sept. summer might decide to kick in for a few weeks.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend. Myself, I'm working on my ladybug exchange project. My 16 year old son, Matt, just paid me the highest compliment. He said my components were "way cool", he's never impressed with anything I do!

flynfire
07-31-2004, 11:21 PM
Barbara, congrats on the grandbaby! Aren't they wonderful?

Hiway
07-31-2004, 11:37 PM
Her name is Marissa Renae Browning and she was 19.5" long and weighted 6 lbs. 6 oz.

Barbara! Warmest congratulations on your new status as 'grandmother!'

Marissa Renae is adorable, of course.... aren't babies the greatest? :) :) Hope you get all the time off that you'd like.... have a wonderful visit!

All my best,

Claudia

tamjai
07-31-2004, 11:45 PM
barbara - may we not hear from you until tuesday! - enjoy your time with that precious child
tam

DonnaBee
08-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the pic you posted of the Mexican Naval barque, Tam. It's interesting!

Barbara, huge congratulations! That's a good looking baby! Reminds me a lot of my Zach as a brand-new one. I wish I could hold your new grandchild once!

Hi everyone reading late on this Saturday night.... It's almost August... can we believe it????

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Have a blessed Sunday. May we all get optimal weather, and a chance to create something on this Sunday, August the first 2004, which is a few minutes away here where I live.

Gingerbiscuit
08-01-2004, 06:58 AM
Very many congratulations, Barbara!

TheBlueBetween
08-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Oh Barbara! Congratulations!!! Babies are such a blessing - hope you get lots of time to cuddle with her!

beclectic
08-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks for all the congratulations.

I'm back and I did give her lots of holding and gentle huggles. She has a very expressive face. Slept like and angle and she must have been having good dreams because she was making big wide tootless smiles in her sleep. I've never seen a baby so happy looking when dreaming.

She is already back up to her birth weight as of yesterday. She is eating and sleeping well.

Kokomo is only 3 1/2 hrs. away from Louisville so I expect I'll be making a trip to Kokomo at least once a month.

I'm going to go catch up on the other posts now. :D