PDA

View Full Version : Show'n'tell Saturday, 31.7.04

Andee
07-31-2004, 05:43 AM
Morning everybody!

Didn't get around to comment on the last two s&t's really yet: great work everybody! :clap: :clap:

I'm not in a very creative mood atm, so here are two somewhat uninspired pieces: the matching necklace for my seacolour bracelet, and a necklace using ss and seed beads.

Andee
07-31-2004, 09:44 AM
I've got another piece to show: When I got these silver beads I didn't like them at all, coz their holes were so darn big that everything I put next to them just disappeared. Now I wish I had more of them, coz I love how they allow me to add just a tad of colour with these small Swarowski crystals...

beclectic
07-31-2004, 10:04 AM
I've got another piece to show: When I got these silver beads I didn't like them at all, coz their holes were so darn big that everything I put next to them just disappeared. Now I wish I had more of them, coz I love how they allow me to add just a tad of colour with these small Swarowski crystals...

That little bit of color works really well. The beads look like they would work well on a bangle and you could always fill the holes up with seed beads, probably 6/0 would make them center on a thiner wire but the bicone solution works well too.

GardensOnGlass
07-31-2004, 01:02 PM
Quite stunning, Andee. I'm actually going to attempt to post a bit later. I think I've finally figured out the resizing thing with Photoshop Elements, now I just need to find the camera. I've finished a number of projects in the last few weeks.

Andee
07-31-2004, 02:40 PM
Barbara, yup, I regularly use seed beads to center larger holed beads on a thread, but in this very case there would still have been an ugly fat hole to see, even if the bead sat smugly centered, and I don't like that at all. And yeah, they would work with bangles, but I never got the hang of doing those... Thanks anyway! :)

For a couple of months now I meant to make this ring with Swarowski crystals. When a few days ago Danielle showed her gorgeous dangly ring it gave me the nudge to finally do it. 25 dangles on ss. Still not tired on the sea colour theme! ;) I used a plain 2 mm ss wire for the ring, which makes it quite comfortable to wear.

Hm, for not being in a creative mood there's quite a bit from me today... :D So, where's all YOUR stuff? I don't want to be the only thread hog today!! ;)

flynfire
07-31-2004, 11:32 PM
Andee, I like what you did with the seed beads. Very delicate. I saw a lady today wearing a necklace that reminded me of the necklace in the first photo. She and her family (all tourists) took glider rides today. She bought this non-glider cuff of mine. After a 2 months dry spell of no jewerly sales, I am very happy. (yay me)

tamjai
08-01-2004, 12:01 AM
andee - maybe it took making something that bored you to jump start your creativity - your ring is great!
flynfire - love the cuff, the little stones scattered here and there remind me of lampworked 'bumpy' or 'sputnik' beads
tam

Lori-O
08-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Here's a little something from me..

Andee
08-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Flynfire - that cuff is way cool!! :)

Lori - lovely bracelet, and that focal is yummy! :)

TheBlueBetween
08-02-2004, 03:12 PM
hmnnn... for not being in a creative mood Andee, you sure did make a lot of stuff!! I think I need to get out of my creative mood and make something too ;) Actually, I'm in a place where I've got too many ideas and not enough time and can't do a thing because of it - it's torchure! Love the bling-bling ring btw :) And how those crystals get swallowed up by the silver holes - great solution!

And flynfire's ring is lovely too - I was searching for something glider on it but didn't see anything - is there something?

Lori, great colors - nice and earthy - is it a bracelet without a clasp?

:) Pam