PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Show and Tell

Moth
07-31-2004, 01:53 AM
Hi Guys!

Gotta hurry up and post this thread before someone else sneaks in with me and we do a double!

Yes, I actually made a set. Gasp!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Jul-2004/24464-feature2o.JPG

What did you make??

~~Mary

Briatha
07-31-2004, 02:00 AM
Yummy Mary that's a very delicious set :p

A couple more small sets from me.
Pink and Black, Rasperi Lickable, Etched Black and Silvered Ivory

CalmWaterStudio
07-31-2004, 02:21 AM
Pretty beads, guys. Thanks for "insomniac entertainment!"

scupltorgirl
07-31-2004, 02:50 AM
It's not quite Saturday in California yet, but..... :D

Mary -- pretty colors, well-made eclectic set! :cool:

Faith -- Sweet beadies. :)

Okay, so because of the encouragement from Beth, Vikki, Val, Holly, and Toni, in that order :D (in Beth/Dr.Mungo's challenge thread), I'm posting the progress of the goddess vessels. (I'll probably be making them on an almost daily basis until I get them figured out :p )

The first one is supposed to be a flame, but looks more like "I'm the inventor of the candy corn bead" -- LOL -- with a nod to Beth :evil: . Heh heh heh....

And then there's another one, just because I like BE cranberry.

They are both little essential oil/perfume vessels, approximately two-and-a-half inches from top to bottom with the stoppers in place.

Glitzy Glass
07-31-2004, 02:51 AM
I love show and tell - all the creations are beautiful! The hearts are really classy and romantic, just have that elegant feel to them and

Moth - your bead set is to die for!!

Terri - your vessel is gorgeous, I love the flaming top!

I had some fun with etching Moretti and doing a bit of boro.

Stacylynne
07-31-2004, 07:30 AM
It's not quite Saturday in California yet, but..... :D

Mary -- pretty colors, well-made eclectic set! :cool:

Faith -- Sweet beadies. :)

Okay, so because of the encouragement from Beth, Vikki, Val, Holly, and Toni, in that order :D (in Beth/Dr.Mungo's challenge thread), I'm posting the progress of the goddess vessels. (I'll probably be making them on an almost daily basis until I get them figured out :p )

The first one is supposed to be a flame, but looks more like "I'm the inventor of the candy corn bead" -- LOL -- with a nod to Beth :evil: . Heh heh heh....

And then there's another one, just because I like BE cranberry.

They are both little essential oil/perfume vessels, approximately two-and-a-half inches from top to bottom with the stoppers in place.

Terri beautiful vessel

great work everyone.
No new beads for me. Im cleaning this week. :(
StacyLynne

AMR GlassWorks
07-31-2004, 09:01 AM
Great start to a Sat. morning!!
Mary gorgeous set!! Love those colors!
Faith really pretty sets! My fav is the black set!
Terri great vessels!!! Very cool!!
Denise love the top bead and your boro! Yummy
I'm really trying to start making some holidaze beads but with it so stinking hot here it really is hard to even think about that!! LOL! I did make this little doll though! I thought she turned out kinda cute although she looks like a brute with those big arms!! LOL!!

Lyddie
07-31-2004, 09:33 AM
Oh Boy! I love the start today's show and tell! I can tell veryone is gearing up for a hot beading weekend!

Well I had a different kind of request from my daughter who does some special effects work for movies. This is a different kind of "eye" candy!
They are for some 4 minute horror flick.

Have fun!
Lydia

AMR GlassWorks
07-31-2004, 09:36 AM
Whoa Lydia!!! Those are to real!! If they were blue they would look like mine!! :p Pretty cool though!! You coming to the meeting tonight?

ldiamont
07-31-2004, 10:19 AM
Creepy eyeballs!! Cute pumpkin girl!! Love the vessels (I haven't ventured that far yet)!

Well, I got a shipment from Frantz yesterday. It had the new Light plum silver, dark plum silver, and trans lavender blue!!!!! I preordered them and thought they weren't due in until Sept!! I bet Mike got the stuff just in time to take it to the Gathering and unload it!

I just played a little last night to see what the stuff looked like. The plums reduced naturally I guess. The lt plum is really nice, the dark plum is so dark it is almost black, the trans lav blue is really pretty. Take a look.

ldiamont
07-31-2004, 10:27 AM
Let me try again with the pics, I made the words bigger.

Jewelia
07-31-2004, 10:51 AM
Good Morning!
Well, all I have to say is....The "EYES" have it.... :evil: Great beads everybody!
I am adding a vessel....fun hollow form with components.....
Ok...first pull all the component petals and 2 butterfly wings from the ends of the glass rod...stick in the front of the kiln to keep warm....make a hollow bead vessel....neck first..shape...little bead at the end of mandrel...build hollow..shape..add enamel..add flower petals..shape, make sure adhered well....add butterfly wings....add glass loop....this all takes time..as after each component you need to go back and reheat everything...neck...hollow..etc....I love making them...hugs....j. :D

Nonie
07-31-2004, 11:40 AM
Lydia! I LOVE those eyeballs. Those are so cool! :clap: :evil: :clap:

AlexM
07-31-2004, 12:37 PM
Great beads everyone!

Thanks for posting the new Moretti colors, I gotta get some of those!

Here are a couple of recent boro sets.

paulette
07-31-2004, 12:50 PM
You guys are really getting me "itchy"...I can't make beads until I get back to Florida....beautiful! The black & green beads especially would match my LR chairs....need to get those for fan pulls...are they going up for auction???

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
07-31-2004, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone. Great stuff, as always.

Here's one I'm in love with, it's a BIG lentil! 1.5 inches. Unfortunately it has a knick around one of the holes so it won't be going on eBay, but on the good side, I get to keep it and fondle it.

Transparent base, enamels, dots...not much to tell.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Jul-2004/16432-DSCN2377.JPG

hotflashwanda
07-31-2004, 01:11 PM
Great beads everyone! Those eyeballs are too cool, Lydia--I think you should definitely make more, in bead form. They'd make wonderful pendants for optometrists. Love 'em!
Here's a set of Moretti lentils (with Val's frits) I just listed on the 'Bay with my boros:

Dream Fire
07-31-2004, 01:24 PM
Eye agree the EYEs are great.
Great beads everyone.
Here are more of the petroleum green with stringers
Also more alchemy with copper and silvered stringers on different colors.
Just wanted to experiment. Sorry the second scan is dark but I wanted the true colors to show. Sam

Jamn!
07-31-2004, 02:12 PM
What a yummy day!!!! Just lovely stuff!! I haven't been torching too much this week. I am cleaning as well but this time at work.... :crying:
Have a great day everyone!!!

Jamn!
07-31-2004, 02:13 PM
What a yummy day!!!! Just lovely stuff!! I haven't been torching too much this week. I am cleaning as well but this time at work.... :crying:

I got my box with the new purples and they look yummy. I really like the silver in those beads.. :)
Have a great day everyone!!!

GardensOnGlass
07-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Great works everyone. Mary, I've really enjoyed watching your skills with glass grow. You're doing such a wonderful job!

GinnyHampton
07-31-2004, 02:43 PM
Great work today . .. . good one Lydia, eye candy, LOL!!!!!

Here's a new set using copper green and a 5-color cane (red, coral, orange,yellow and purple red). I'm definitely going to pursue this technique and think I can improve on it . . . I like how the white dots funnel into the bead, kinda 3-D :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Jul-2004/16244-DSCN3641.JPG

And a new pendant . . .the base is periwinkle with silver leaf, flowers and lauscha encased:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Jul-2004/16244-DSCN3649.JPG

Artaholic
07-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Wonderful beads every one , I am in withdrawal as I am in Cal. for a while and can't get to a torch so am enjoying your beads. Ginny what did you string that lovely bead with ?? Looks like the plastic tubing with seed beads strung inside?? :) :clap: :clap:

Fire Imp
07-31-2004, 06:52 PM
Alex, those boro beads are wonderful!

Here's my humble contribution:

starlightdesigns
07-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Oooh, Ginny, you just blew me away with those cane beads!!! WOWWWWW!!!!!!

dogmaw
07-31-2004, 07:07 PM
Wonderful! Such pretties today. I was going to post my first show and tell after my beads got out of the kiln (I batch anneal). However I forgot to put the temperature guage in the kiln.... so it ended up on high for 2 hours! Needless to say I have puddles instead of pretty beads to show. :D

Jo

Fire Imp
07-31-2004, 07:22 PM
Oh Bummer Jo! That happened to me once, the first time I tried to use my kiln. lol

farkel
08-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Ginny, I am dying to know what you strung that beautiful pendant on also. Is it clear plastic covering a chain? Too cool looking!!!!!

GinnyHampton
08-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Gerry & Fran - from what I can tell it's a clear, soft rubber cord with a very thin ribbon of yellow in the middle, and the cord is twisted. It's attached to a lobster clasp on the end. I have other colors, and the tags just say "made in china" :rolleyes: . . . . . I buy them at an import store here in Dallas called Sam Moon. I'll stop by there next week and see if I can get more info from the manager about them.

farkel
08-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the answer Ginny. Please let me know here or pm me if there is someplace to order the neck-cords. I am getting ready to make some jewelry for our "Relay for Life" team fundraiser and that might be something I could use for some projects.
Thanks again.

Lyddie
08-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Sorry all - I posted and left. Anne - I didn't make it to the meeting last night - went to Dallas for my grand nephew's christening! I didn't get to see everyone else's creations until today. I am glad you all liked the "eye" candy. My daughter was thrilled. Our nephew wants me to make some eyes as drink stirrers for him! I love everyone's creations. What a neat bead Laurie - sorry it chipped.

Lydia