PDA

View Full Version : Looky at these gorgeous beads......

glass_beads
07-29-2004, 10:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4914341920

These floral beads are so perty and really deserve a better bid than they have. I'm not in any way affiliated with this person (don't even know who they are) just noticed the pretty beads and wanted to share.

AlisaGoldens
07-29-2004, 10:49 PM
These beads are gorgeous and the others that are up for auction are too. I can't believe how slow eBay is right now - is that normal for the summer months?

MaureenKennedy
07-29-2004, 11:40 PM
I think the florals are done well, it's just that the contrast is not enough to make an impact to show off the florals. I did a pink lavender base floral with PINK flowers, and just threw it away even though it was perfect, because looking at it all I saw in colors just melted into one another - you couldn't even see the florals for the pinkness.

!ngridh
07-30-2004, 12:43 AM
well...I think they are beautiful...and whoever this is ...is in my backyard so I need to write to the bead maker....just gorgeous!!!!!

socialdragonfly
07-30-2004, 03:21 AM
I think the florals are done well, it's just that the contrast is not enough to make an impact to show off the florals. I did a pink lavender base floral with PINK flowers, and just threw it away even though it was perfect, because looking at it all I saw in colors just melted into one another - you couldn't even see the florals for the pinkness.

Hmmm...must of been a long day Maureen...I think she was trying to offer a compliment by showing off the artists beads here, not start a critique about them..... :rolleyes:

I think the use of frits and silver creates a wonderful and complimentary theme...I do agree that the florals are executed very well....this is a really pleasing set of beads in my opinion...WELL DONE!!!! :clap:

Retta Gates
07-30-2004, 03:45 AM
I just love the color combo :D Actually I have a Hawaiian dress that would match them perfectly. Sigh I wish I were in the Buyers market now...

Steph'sBeadCorner
07-30-2004, 04:45 AM
Yes, I think she does a marvelous job with her floral beads, I love it when she uses different bases the sets are really colorful!

Steph

!Karen
07-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Those are very nice!! Very Hawaiian/tropical looking. Reminds me of some colors of orchids. Purple on pink, a perfectly retro splash!!

Very nice! And the last set is especially pretty!!

:)Karen

Peg
07-30-2004, 01:25 PM
I loved the beads just as they are. I didn't feel a loss of contrast, thought the flowers showed well. Maybe Maureen your monitor is different than mine. Peg M

CarlaAlexander
07-30-2004, 02:58 PM
I love these too but I dont' thikn it is the first time the seller has listed beads that look pretty much exactly like these. Sometimes it is hard to sell them at a good price the second time around. People start to think that if they dont' bid on THESE they will get a chance the next time a set like these are listed. I remember seeing them because I loved them SO much.

MaryAnn01
07-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Beautiful beads! They remind me of a watercolor painting. Nice effect.

Patricia'sglass
07-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Such beautiful colors!!

Mike E etc
07-31-2004, 07:45 AM
you did notice the maker was one of our own.

Mike, Now has aynnoe ntoecid the 99 cnet baed gniog ceahp, it nedes to be sohwcsaed., E

glass_beads
07-31-2004, 10:42 AM
ha...i hadn't noticed the maker was one of our own. I was just happy to see that the auction did upbid a little before it ended. I hope those beauties found themselves a good new home ;-)

GardensOnGlass
07-31-2004, 02:26 PM
Very pretty, thanks for pointing them out Melissa. I agree with Mary Ann, they remind me of a watercolor painting.

kybeadmaker
08-01-2004, 12:06 AM
I disagree totally,Maureen, I think they are BEAUTIFUL...look like watercolors to me!!!!!
Harriet

Beth Myers
08-01-2004, 12:56 AM
Does this talented lady know we are drooling over her beads here???
I like these alot, I really think the silver under the encassing adds a real point of interest. I like the soft pink palette and the lavender, reminds me of a vintage valentine.
Just lovely.
Beth

ValorieCox
08-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Does this talented lady know we are drooling over her beads here???

Yes she does. :) Lynn reads WC! but does not post. This is a floral style she has worked for some time, in various color palettes. She does lovely work, and the beads are even more impressive when you see them in person. I'm pleased to see her recognized! Valorie